Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: *I need help and/or ideas*
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 4-6-2008 at 05:20 PM
*I need help and/or ideas*

a 'friend' owes me $1150. Its my own fault for lending it in the first place, but I thought I could trust her. I let her $2100 about 3 years ago when she moved from Boston to Denver and since then shes paid back less than half. Ive been really patient and decent about it, but now shes ignoring me. Like turning off her cellphone, not answering emails etc. One of the times I called she actually answered and hung up without saying anything.

So.... Im pissed and Im not sure what to do about it. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-6-2008 at 05:31 PM

dude
kiss it goodbye

times are hard, and if she was a friend, someday you'll get a check...
but when you got bills to pay, you gotta prioritize
bugging her will make her feel less like trying to pay you...

I got people who owe me a lot of money...
who have made money off my money to pay their bills, and still can't pay me...
you can be pissed
but it wont get you paid,

unless you got friends with no necks and last names ending in vowels
and you can support their families while they go away for you, there is no good way to loan to people any money...
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 4-6-2008 at 06:05 PM

You could threaten to take her to small claims court and see if she pays up out of fear of having a judgment registered against her.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 4-6-2008 at 07:00 PM

last time I went to Denver, I got in a fight within 12 hours. Next time I go, I can do the same.

bombidol
Posting Freak

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 4-6-2008 at 07:22 PM

hire some fucking cholos to ask her nicely. But make sure at least one of em is looking at her crazy while rubbing his dick.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
MikeCore

[*] posted on 4-6-2008 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
dude
kiss it goodbye

Lesson learned: Don't lend money to people.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 4-6-2008 at 08:29 PM

The reason I dont want to let it go is not so much because of the money, but because I refuse to do anything to make her life easier. I dont care what stupid decisions shes made or whats happened since the day I lent her the money... I would feel better about it if she would at least have the balls to say "Im not paying you" and hang up on me, but this avoiding me shit just pisses me off.

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-6-2008 at 08:45 PM

bolt cutters
fingers
1 each week theres no money

nah

it does blow though
i couldnt lend half the galoots I know $20 and expect it back yet alone 2Gs
it's childish on her part, and she should at least acknowledge the situation.
people blow
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 4-6-2008 at 11:59 PM

I live in Denver...my last name ends in Y, which is sometimes a vowel :thumbup:

bombidol
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 04:10 AM

Fuck no dont let it go. A grand is lot of fuckin money. Go to the small claims court or someshit. Or Judge Judy. DUDE GET JUDGE JUDY! And wear a suit, she always sides with the people wearing suits.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 09:08 AM

Thats alot of money but going to court will cost much more. Maybe she has some guy in her ear telling her not to pay. I have no idea but whatever the case you learned a very expensive lesson. If she does this she is no friend and never was.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
bombidol
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 09:12 AM

I could not let that go personally. I would spend another grand going to where she lives to fuckin get it back.

Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 09:53 AM

It is a lot of money yes, but chances are , you will never see that money again. All you really can do is try to forget the fact that you put your trust in a friend, that really wasn't. There is a slight chance that as time goes on, she will grow to a better person, and want to pay you back, but really, girls suck, and never grow to be better people.

I had lent a lot of money to a family member, and really should have known better. When ever i asked her for any of it, it only caused a fight, which lead to me not being able to see another family member that I would never want to stay away from. I know I'll never get that money, and now she knows I'll never lend her any again. I look at it like I bought my way out of ever feeling bad about all her financial problems.

Though you want to blame her for not paying you back, it's you that fucked up. move on and don't put trust where it is not fully deserved. The sooner you can except you 're never going to get it back, the sooner you can move on.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Thats alot of money but going to court will cost much more.

Small claims court is quite cheap actually. It doesn't cost that much to file a claim, you can represent yourself instead of paying for counsel, and if you win you can ask for your costs to be attached to the judgement.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 11:37 AM

i wouldn't let it go, but i wouldn't keep pushing right now.
wait a few months, write a short letter simply asking when she expects to pay you, if at all.
in the mean time, research costs and statute of limitations regarding small claims.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
chris

Mood: sixer - busted knuckles and heart breaks

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 11:44 AM

I had a similar situation a few years ago but don't have any good advice. I sold a car to a friend. He was only approved for about 3/4 of the sale price, so I offered to lend him the rest and had him sign a promissory note for the remainder of the money. It outlined a payment schedule and times were really tight and I needed the money badly. He never made the payments to me, he definitely didn't have the cash, and I didn't want to take him to small claims court, but there were definitely nights where I didn't have enough to eat because of him scumbagging out on the debt. We aren't really friends anymore over it which sucks.

http://www.thescars.net

http://www.myspace.com/scarsboston

New Scars Record coming March 4th \'08
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 11:51 AM

Ya shit like that does suck.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chris
I had a similar situation a few years ago but don't have any good advice. I sold a car to a friend. He was only approved for about 3/4 of the sale price, so I offered to lend him the rest and had him sign a promissory note for the remainder of the money. It outlined a payment schedule and times were really tight and I needed the money badly. He never made the payments to me, he definitely didn't have the cash, and I didn't want to take him to small claims court, but there were definitely nights where I didn't have enough to eat because of him scumbagging out on the debt. We aren't really friends anymore over it which sucks.

see my problem is that people DO have money. We all do something during the day that we dont 'NEED' to do. Be it buying a coffee or a bottle of soda at a conveience store... something like that. Well even if its just $1 a day, thats $30 a month that they could pay back on the debt.

Im SO fucking angry with her that I would like to fly to Denver just to call her a fucking cunt and wich her and her family dead. (I get really verbally mean when Im this pissed)

I just cant relate to what shes doing AT ALL because I would NEVER do this to anyone on a debt, friend or not. You owe money.... you have a bill... you pay! You may pay it back slow, but even $5 a month shows that your not an asshole and that youre making an effort.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 06:27 PM

Whatever you decide to do, chalk it up to a lesson learned. Never lend money you expect to get back. If its friends, I just give it to them, they always give it back, in some form or other.
Now what I would do, is take out a full page ad in the Denver newspaper requesting my money back, with, perhaps, a picture of my ass.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
Whatever you decide to do, chalk it up to a lesson learned. Never lend money you expect to get back. If its friends, I just give it to them, they always give it back, in some form or other.
Now what I would do, is take out a full page ad in the Denver newspaper requesting my money back, with, perhaps, a picture of my ass.

Youre right I learned a lesson, but it was a shitty lesson because it taught me not to trust someone with money no matter how close I think I am to them. I went out with this girl for over 3 years and we were good friends before and after. Now shes a cunt that I wish immense pain and suffering on!

See thats a funny idea. I was thinking more stuff like that or ways I can cause some havok with her email address/address etc.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 09:26 PM

Quote:

Or maybe the paper ad, but with a picture of her with a black bar over her eyes stating "Deadbeat-debtor" under it ;)

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 09:57 PM

if you want I'll crap in a plastic bag, err make that a double plastic bag, put it in a fed ex tube and overnight it....i'll include a note saying "shits on if yer not payin"
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 11:41 PM

I'm still tryin to collect $200 off some Toronto douchebag from the Merauder show I did there years ago. It's not very effective now considering how far I live though.

I certainly understand not letting it go, fuck that. Harass the cunt til she pays up, petty childish shit if the adult way fails.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Quote:

Or maybe the paper ad, but with a picture of her with a black bar over her eyes stating "Deadbeat-debtor" under it ;)

I feel bad talkin shit because you know who the person is.... but its just ridiculous at this point and $1150 is a lot of money.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 07:50 AM

Honus.

I was in the same situation, in May, it will be a year ago.

I lent a friend that I've known since I was a teenager, money. Well, not so much lent but bailed his ass outta jail. He got out, got a job, went on vacations with his girl, went to the bar, and I never saw a dollar of that money. I bugged him about it at first. But he became a ghost... Wouldnt answer phone calls, myspace messages, nothing. Finally I missed him as a friend and decided that I needed to let the anxiety of the money go. If you talk to your person, and are on good terms, the odds of you getting the money back are much better, than if you dont talk at all. Just sayin.

But what fuck do I know. Hes back in jail and I havnt gotten a single dollar still.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top