Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Posi-Core Weekend
Newt80

[*] posted on 3-27-2005 at 04:01 PM
Posi-Core Weekend

This saturday me and some other peeps from base did this volunteer thing to throw a birthday party for these kids who are victims of abuse and live in a shelter with a surrogate family. all those little shit heads out there who think their life is so dark outta visit one of these places.

the families don't have much money, and this is in a very poor town here in the south. so it meant a lot to the kids that we did this, which is awesome.

during this i wore my thorp records shirt with the cool rooster. i figured i'd let everyone know i did some good ol' positive marketing for a positive cause.

"working music for working people." -say it loud, wear it proud.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 3-27-2005 at 04:22 PM

I'm probably one of the least posi guys on here, but I think it's awesome that you did that. Maybe next time don't go around showing a bunch of innocent kids a big picture of a cock, but other than that, you done good m'man. ;)

Veritas odium parit
TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-27-2005 at 04:58 PM

My hat's off to you, man. It is possible to be a horribly negative guy iin your outlook on life and still be able to do nice things for other people. If it weren't for stuff like that I'd have to eat a fucking bullet. Noone on this earth is all one way or another when it comes to being positive or negative,it's all shades of grey (whoa, I busted out a Stalag 13 reference!). Anyway, thanks for doing something nice for people or should I say thanks for doing something else nice for people as you mentioned people from the base which tells me you're in the military. Any military dudes that want free Starkweather shit can U2U me and I'll hook you up when the album comes out. I tried to enlist as a medic after September 11 but because of my rather suspect mental health they took a pass on me.
Newt80

[*] posted on 3-27-2005 at 07:51 PM
RE: TTF

Hey man thanks for the appreciation that's totally kick ass of you. yeah, they're wierd on who they will take for certain career fields and who they wont. i work in an administrative field so they'll just about take any good lil' monkey who can type and punch numbers into a spreadsheet :)

it is hard to be positive sometimes in such a crazy world, but we can't let all the horrible things weigh us down. now and then just try and do something good for someone who is less fortunate, and if everyone in the world hated you, you'll still feel good about yourself.

well on the free stuff part of me wants to be modest, another part of me says "hell yeah!" :) ps-i'm in the air force along with my friends here. what branch did you try to get into?
Newt80

[*] posted on 3-27-2005 at 07:52 PM

yes - you're about as positive as a crass album, but you're still good folk in my opinion :)

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
I'm probably one of the least posi guys on here, but I think it's awesome that you did that. Maybe next time don't go around showing a bunch of innocent kids a big picture of a cock, but other than that, you done good m'man. ;)
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 3-27-2005 at 08:27 PM

I dunno man, Crass are too posi for me, all those finger points and work out clothes. Now that I brought it up, what the fuck was that all about anyway? Fuckin' running pants and headbands....

Veritas odium parit

Go To Top