Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Boycott christian hardcore
Big Ugly

[*] posted on 2-1-2005 at 09:25 PM

Religion of any kind has no place in hardcore. Hardcore is about freedom and being yourself. Religion allows neither.

SmashHit518

Mood: Propaghandi

[*] posted on 2-1-2005 at 09:28 PM

Do edge kids have freedom to do drugs?

Smash hit? Smash it!
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 2-2-2005 at 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SmashHit518
Do edge kids have freedom to do drugs?
What kind of idiotic question is that? First of all, what the fuck does it have to do with this thread topic? Secondly, just like anybody else, SxE kids can do hatever the fuck they want. Maybe if they're running with some kind of thug crew they might get their ass beat by the kids who feel like they were betrayed (which I think is fucking stupid), but aside from that the only thing that would happen to them is that they wouldn't be SxE anymore. It's not a cult that you can never leave, kids break their edge all the time.

Veritas odium parit
SmashHit518

[*] posted on 2-2-2005 at 02:04 PM

...a rhetorical one

Christianity isn't a cult that you can't leave. For many people, the only thing keeping them Christian is a feeling, a belief system. Many people that were Christian when they were younger change as they grow older, and decide to stop practicing.

If you do drugs, you're not edge anymore.
If you decide to stop following Christianity, you're not Christian anymore

I say, kick preachy bands out of hardcore. I don't want some kid in my face flashing x's and telling me how straight his edge is anymore than I want someone telling me to believe in jesus.

Smash hit? Smash it!
SmashHit518

[*] posted on 2-2-2005 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SAAAAARS
Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
I still have yet to hear a christian band of any style that sounds halfway decent. I'm not including bands that might have christian members, just the ones that actively use their band as a tool to spread a christian message. I have no problem with people who are religious as long as they don't try to feed it to me. I find it repulsive to have something like religion slipped in using music that is supposed to appeal to people who more than likely are not looking to hear about religion. It seems like an underhanded tactic to me and makes me think even less of those who stoop to such measures. This is not limited to christianity, I think the biggest offender outside of christianity is krishna, I lost all respect for Ray and company when they started Shelter. The HC scene is not a recruitment center for religions and it pisses me off when people use their following in the scene to swell the ranks of their religion.

i can see where you're coming from, really, i can..but when christian bands are singing about god or whatever else they're singing about, they might not just be trying to recruit people. do you ever think that they could just be singing about something they feel really passionate about? like when straight edge kids sing about the edge! ya know what i mean?

If I had read more he basically already presented the same point that I'm trying to present

Smash hit? Smash it!
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 2-3-2005 at 10:07 PM

I didn't say christianity was a cult that they can't leave, I was talking about Straight Edge. I see what you're trying to say now, but the two things are so completely different as to make the point worthless. Yes, a lot of SxE bands can be preachy and yes, a lot of HC kids may not be interested in becoming SxE or following those ideals, but Straight Edge is not something that is opposed to what HC is about.

Veritas odium parit
SmashHit518

[*] posted on 2-3-2005 at 10:39 PM

I understand ywhat you're saying, but think about this...

Is Skrewdriver then the opposite of what hardcore is about too?

Smash hit? Smash it!
Big Ugly

[*] posted on 2-4-2005 at 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SmashHit518
I understand ywhat you're saying, but think about this...

Is Skrewdriver then the opposite of what hardcore is about too?

Yes they are.

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 2-5-2005 at 01:07 AM

Do I even NEED to answer this? What kinda crack are you smokin' SmashHit?

Veritas odium parit
Big Ugly

[*] posted on 2-5-2005 at 04:05 AM

Yeah, I thought it would be obvious to all but I guess not.

SmashHit518

[*] posted on 2-5-2005 at 12:11 PM

It's obvious to me, I was just making sure that it was obvious to others. It was more a curious question to test the waters rather than something I needed to know myself.

"Boycotting Christian Hardcore" to me is ridiculous. I'll say it again, the number of preachy christian bands is probably about equal to the number of preachy edge/vegan bands. If hardcore is about "being yourself," let people be themselves in whatever way makes them happy. If you don't like the music or the message, don't go to the shows, don't buy the records; but writing off every christian band on basis of religion is just an example of the ignorance that you are supposedly trying to eliminate.

That's just my opinion, believe what you want.

Smash hit? Smash it!
Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 2-20-2005 at 08:29 PM

i got no problem with christians per-say...however too many christians are part of the hateful, conservative,crazy,racist,non compassionate type of christianity, and in my opinion got the religion all wrong. And when the good christians start bands preaching about thier religion then the bad peopleand rednecks follow and invade, and you people never speak out against them. I also hate all the christian emo bitches who think they are hardcore cause they listen to underoath and hopesfall.
GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 2-21-2005 at 07:10 AM

All of you suck ass.
God says he doesnt Exist.
He also says "stop brining him up for every little thing."
Jesus says "whats up niggas."
LilOz
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 01:25 PM

I fucking love these pictures, some of them are hit and miss, good find though.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 01:44 PM

i wish christian hardcore came with warning labels, kinda like the explicit lyrics labels. even if i'm into the music at first, the minute i find out it's a christian band, i get psyched out and don't wanna listen anymore.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Duane
i wish christian hardcore came with warning labels, kinda like the explicit lyrics labels. even if i'm into the music at first, the minute i find out it's a christian band, i get psyched out and don't wanna listen anymore.

ditto

just take a look at the papers
your leaders
they\'re killers
they\'re liars
what they do in your
name to make the bodies pile higher
the murders, the terror
they\'ve done it forever
as we sit band and smile
at the script they sell us
but now the victims, they\'re rising
their numbers\'s multiplying
they want their revenge for the years
that they\'ve been dying
darktones

[*] posted on 4-4-2005 at 07:42 PM
This Is Stupid

Every time I see this topic, I just have to shake my head and think to myself how contradictory this is. First off you have a problem with Christian Hardcore b/c it somehow promotes Christian (Republican) views. This is wrong on two levels:
1) NOT everybody that is a Christian is a Republican, example: your leader John Kerry, oh wait what was he, oh yeah a Christian. Its ridiculous to lump in all Christians in with Republicans, it?s a stereotype and I though hardcore was anti-stereotypes. On top of that a lot of Christian hardcore bands don?t even preach about God or religion so I guess that means that they aren?t promoting the Conservative point of view.
2) Certain bands like Agnostic Front, Until the End, and Rise Against are promoting the Liberal point of view and it doesn?t seem to have sunk in that your censoring one point of view and allowing YOUR point of view to be heard. Hmm what does that remind me of? I thought the Republicans were all about censorship but it seems that you guys as liberals are doing just a dandy job of doing it. At least try to be fair and not listen to ANY music that has ANY political affiliation to it what so ever. Its not the bands job to tell me whom to vote for, that?s my decision.
I prefer my musicians to stick to music. If I wanted to hear that crap I would take a course in Political Science. Even a great hardcore band such as Kill Your Idols understands what is going on. In essence he said that since everyone saw Fahrenheit 911 and opened up the Rise Against lyric book that you think you know everything about politics. That?s just as bad as getting all of your information from Bill O?reilly. You have to understand they are trying to get you to think of a certain way and not present the case accurately. I couldn?t put it any better than that. I even talked to the lead singer after the show and he said that you got a lot of flack about not having a lot of political lyrics. That just shows me that it is ok for some people to say what they what to say but if you believe something else, its not. There are so many rules in hardcore now it?s ridiculous, about what to do, about what not to do, what to wear, what not to wear. Hardcore was always about choice. People didn?t want to conform to what they heard on the radio so they went underground. Now since they went underground they have to conform on a whole new level. The whole scene is bullshit, listen to what to listen to and stop bitching. If someone already made this point im sorry but im not going to read 4 pages of this non sence. Also don't say shit about Kill Your Idols or any band I said not being hardcore, they are a type of hardcore, I know whats want alright. If you got any problems you can eat the Pope?s dead dick! Peace
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 4-4-2005 at 09:25 PM

What the FUCK are you talking about? You're gonna come tell us what we're saying is bullshit but you didn't even read it? This isn't about conservatives versus liberals and if it was, this board would be a mess since there are people on here from all different viewpoints. There's not a single post in this thread saying the problem with christian HC is Republican politics, but since you already said you didn't bother to read the thread, I guess you wouldn't know that. I find it amusing that you used Agnostic Front as an example of a band spreading a liberal agenda when they have lyrics like these:
You spend your life on welfare lines
Or looking for handouts
Why don't you go find a job
You birth more kids to up your checks
So you can buy more drugs
Cash in food stamps and get drunk
CH: Uncle Sam takes half my pay
So you can live for free
I got a family and bills to pay
No one hands money to me
You can go to school for nothing
Got that government grant
Get money in advance
When you're sick from shooting up
Medicaid pays full portion
When little Maria gets knocked up
She gets a free abortion
CHORUS
How come it's minorities who cry
Things are too tough
On TV with their gold chains
Claim they don't have enough
I say make them clean the sewers
Don't take no resistance
If they don't like it go to hell
And cut their public assistance

Not exactly the Democrats party platform, is it? And why do you claim that "our" leader is John Kerry? Does that have the slightest thing to do with anything in this thread? Oh sorry I forgot, you wouldn't have the slightest idea if it does or not since YOU DIDN'T FUCKING READ IT!! Before you jump people's ass for what you think they're talking about, I suggest you find out what is actually being discussed.

Veritas odium parit
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-4-2005 at 11:01 PM

FINALLY, some action in the hate forum.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 4-5-2005 at 12:03 AM

Quote:
Yeah, this forum never really recovered it's former glory after the "big crash", did it?

Veritas odium parit
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-5-2005 at 12:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, this forum never really recovered it's former glory after the "big crash", did it?

unfortunately not

RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 4-5-2005 at 08:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

unfortunately not

i'm lovin this shit!

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-9-2005 at 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boycott Christian HC
Quote:

Originally posted by Discipline on Agnostic Front forum
Religion of any kind has no place in hardcore. To me, hardcore has always been about being yourself and being free. Religion doesn't allow that, you have to follow a doctrine and tow the line. Boycott Christian hardcore.

Yeah....................!

Glad you approve.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
BL

Mood: PEOPLE TYPING

[*] posted on 7-3-2005 at 08:11 AM

FUCK THESE POLI-TRICKS/// WERE ALL GONNA DIE!

CJEERS
BL
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 5-9-2007 at 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boycott Christian HC
Let me give ya another one, this time from E-Bay:

VIRGIN MARY IN GRILLE CHEESE TRULY OUT OF THIS WORLD !!
Current bid: US $2,000.00 (Reserve met)
"THE VIRGIN MARY, OR GOD, WHAT EVER YOU BELIEVE IN YOU'LL BELIEVE NOW..........THIS IS AN ORDINARY REAL GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH THAT I MADE ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO. I WENT TO TAKE A BIT OUT OF IT AND "THE VIRGIN MARY" WAS LOOKING BACK AT ME..........I HAVE PLACE HER IN A PLASTIC CASE WITH COTTON AROUND HER............SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME.........AND EVERY YEAR THAT GOES BY SHE KEEPS GETTING STRONGER.........I DON'T KNOW WHY SHE CHOICE ME BUT I WANT TO SHARE HER WITH THE WORLD............I FEEL SHE WANT TO BLESS THE PEOPLE THAT SHE TOUCHES..........SHE NEEDS TO BE OUT THERE IN THE PUBLIC SO SHE CAN BLESS AND TOUCHES EVERYONE..........I WILL MISS HER, SHE HAS GIVEN ME A LOT OF COMFORT OVER THE YEARS...........I WONDER SOMETIMES WHY SHE CAME TO ME...........TRULY TRULY AUTHENTIC...........HURRY BID FAST, BID HIGH AND REMEMBER THIS IS A PAYPAL ONLY AUCTION..........All Items from Smoke, Pet Free Home. Don't let this one pass you by."

This was great!

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top