Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: @ bombidol
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 5-15-2008 at 03:39 PM
@ bombidol

next month i´m for a flogging molly show in dublin.do you have any advices for good pubs, clubs or record shops?would be nice.
the show is in the academy, perhaps there is something near that.

bombidol
Posting Freak

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 5-15-2008 at 06:36 PM

Best bar in the city is the Foggy Dew. Its in temple bar which you pretty much cannot miss. Just across the bridge. The academy is on Abbey Street so you want to turn off abbey st onto Liffey street and cross the foot bridge. That brings you right into Temple bar. The Foggy Dew is on Crow street. Google maps is the best bet for getting directions.
As for record stores theres not a lot left to be honest, at one stage there were a few punk and hardcore record stores but they are all gone now. But Sentinel records (a metal store) do some HC and punk stuff too. They are basically right next door to the Foggy. Theres a great store called "hells a boppin" that sell clothes, they do mostly rock a billy and horror stuff but their stuff is great so check em out. Tell em Gar sent you and they'll look after you with a discount if possible.

Other decent (ish!) bars are Fibber Magees (Parnell St on the other side of the city) and Bruxelles ( Just off Grafton street, ask people for the Phil Lynott statue as its right beside it)

I'm assuming im on tour when you are over otherwise I'd bring you and your gang out for the night. What dates are you over? Few great gigs on next month here.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
bombidol
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-15-2008 at 06:45 PM

Thats the main spots there. Theres plenty to do when you are here anyway, I'll be online in the states too so any questions just post em here and I'll help you out.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-16-2008 at 08:50 AM

thanks a lot man, this all sounds good.
unfortunately i´m only the day the show takes place there. it´s the 5th of june. i arrive in the morning and fly back at 7.00 the next day, so there´s not much time for dublin at all. but hotels in the city are that expensive that we decided only to make a short trip.

bombidol
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-16-2008 at 04:33 PM

Hotels in the city are expensive yeah, what about hostels? Theres a few decent but cheap ones in the city too. Let me know if you want some addresses for em.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-16-2008 at 08:41 PM

bombidol, great hookup.
panzerkreuzer, have a blast. i'm jealous.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-6-2008 at 10:08 PM

i´m back from this lovely town and my only thought is how can i come back as soon sa possible. i love it..
thanks to bombidol for your hints. i enjoyed the brussels pub and i really love the foggy dew. nice people and good music.we were there twice that day.
what i have to complain is that the city is quite expensive. 7,50$ for a pint isn´t that cheap.
here are some impressions.

defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-7-2008 at 12:10 AM

damn man did I print your whole wardrobe?
looks like a good time
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-7-2008 at 05:54 PM

excellent wrap up, thanks!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-2-2012 at 03:11 PM

bombidol, be aware. i´m coming back next week!

bombidol
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-2-2012 at 09:53 PM

Good! you need to come into my pub. its across the road from Vicar Street. Its called Thomas House

bombidol
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-2-2012 at 09:54 PM

Also, dont drink in the heart of the city centre its a rip off. We are €4 for pretty much everything and we have the best Guinness in Dublin.

Go To Top