Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What's up everyone?
aztec_blood

[*] posted on 9-16-2004 at 09:05 PM
What's up everyone?

i live in a small town in Georgia and our scene here really sucks. it's full of a bunch of sorry ass bands and people who are in it just to be fashion-models.

i just got into Blood for Blood and a few other hard-core bands lately and i'm trying to learn about more bands and the scene as much as i can, my friend Raymond and i are gonna attempt to form a band.

i have a wide variety in my taste though, i listen to everything from On Broken Wings to the Smiths.

Peace.
GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 9-16-2004 at 11:38 PM

keep it up dude.
Be persistant.
And try to be closed minded. Rememeber, If its not tough guy hardcore, dont listen.
Boxcutter, Blood For Bloos, Angel Crew, Madball, all that shit MAKES you hard.
Then you can beat up on emo kids and burn their girl pant wearing asses. Because your hard.

Nah dude.. seriously... keep it up. stand your ground.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-16-2004 at 11:44 PM

welcome to the thorp board, aztec_blood. gabe's right; keep it up. do whatever you can in your town to keep the scene growing (except the girlspants). are you near any larger cities with more going on?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Big Ugly

[*] posted on 9-17-2004 at 11:27 AM

If you're gonna check out new shit that's definately cool, just don't forget to check out the old school bands that started it all. I recommend

Agnostic Front, Misfits, Murphy's Law, Bold, Circle Jerks, Discharge, GBH, Crass, DOA, Dayglo Abortions, Cro-Mags, Youth Of Today, Slapshot, Social Distortion, Dead Kennedy's, and especially Sheer Terror!!!!

Any of these bands are a fine introduction to punk and hardcore and are better then half the bands out there today.

aztec_blood

[*] posted on 9-17-2004 at 06:59 PM

nah dude. we're way the hell in southern GA. we're probably closer to Northern Florida, like the Tallahasee type area. does anyone know if there's some good bands or scene out there?

and thanks Gabe. i like some emo but the people in the scene are pretty pretentious and gay. :P

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Duane
welcome to the thorp board, aztec_blood. gabe's right; keep it up. do whatever you can in your town to keep the scene growing (except the girlspants). are you near any larger cities with more going on?
aztec_blood

[*] posted on 9-17-2004 at 07:04 PM

hey Big Ugly thanks a bunch for your recommendations. in high school i was mad into DK, the Misfits, Crass & Social D. those are all bands that truly did inhibit the punk spirit.

i did order a Gorilla Biscuits CD though. i want to check out more of the east coast old school HC bands.

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Ugly
If you're gonna check out new shit that's definately cool, just don't forget to check out the old school bands that started it all. I recommend

Agnostic Front, Misfits, Murphy's Law, Bold, Circle Jerks, Discharge, GBH, Crass, DOA, Dayglo Abortions, Cro-Mags, Youth Of Today, Slapshot, Social Distortion, Dead Kennedy's, and especially Sheer Terror!!!!

Any of these bands are a fine introduction to punk and hardcore and are better then half the bands out there today.

Go To Top