Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sports Nutrition and Our Obesity Epidemic
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 7-1-2008 at 09:03 AM
Sports Nutrition and Our Obesity Epidemic

The Editor of Athleteinme.com is a family friend. Real good guy. He has helped my Dad out a ton in life, career and health. My Dad shares info from the Editor from time to time and I thought this article was particularly important. It has to deal with Fluid Intake, Carbohydrates in your Diet and High Fructose Corn Syrup and why is it bad.

Here's the link:

Athleteinme.com Article on Sport Nurtrition

This paragraph right here is very crucial:

The reason why obesity researchers believe HFCS is bad is because fructose does not stimulate an insulin response that typically occurs when you ingest other sugars such as sucrose, glucose, lactose, etc (Elliott SS, et al. 2002) (Teff KL, et al. 2004). Without triggering insulin output, another hormone known as leptin is not released. And without a normal insulin-leptin response, the brain does not receive the proper signal to stop eating. In other words, when you eat a 600-calorie meal, and 100 of those calories come from fructose, your brain perceives the meal as containing only 500 calories.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-1-2008 at 09:28 AM

amazing.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.

Go To Top