Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: Texan Kills Burglars, No Charges Laid
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 12:28 PM

the cops were already there and saw joe brown shoot them.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 12:40 PM

that is the long island case right?

brown shot the white boy
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 01:32 PM

I don't know how U.S. law works, but in Canada if I catch a guy breaking into my place and he's not armed I can't legally use a weapon on him. If he has a knife and I shoot him with a gun, I can be charged with excessive force and battery.

One law that really pisses me off is if somebody is breaking into your place and slips on a cracked tile or something, he can sue you for keeping an unsafe environment.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
the cops were already there and saw joe brown shoot them.

See they didn't say that on the news, which is just another reason dude should have been indicted and sent to fucking jail.

He shot them IN THE BACK, gave fuck all warning that he would shoot them, called 911 with the intent of killing these dudes over petty theft. And the cops were actually there?

Sorry, dudes a flat out cunt and should go to jail to get ass fucked but its Texas so strap him in and light him the fuck up. It's not justified at all in these circumstances.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gav
No one deserves to be killed for burglary.

i didn't say i would kill them.

Quote:
Originally posted by gav
Cool so if a friend or family member of yours came round to your house, knocked on the door, but you were out or asleep or whatever. They come round the back door and into your house, pick up a bag and walks through into your living room.

this scenario would never happen.

Quote:
Originally posted by gav
Shooting and killing people in your house will never be justifiable.

sorry, but i can't justify playing the victim.
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mattybar
"don't mess with texas"

You better fucking believe.:singing:
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 03:42 PM

Two words. Rock Salt.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xChino_Martinezx
it could have been something like this:

Moe: Uh, hi, I?m Moe S.

Crowd: Hi, Moe!

Moe: Yeah, so last night I was closing up the bar, when some young punk comes in and tries to stick me up. [the crowd gasps]

Sideshow Mel: Whatever did you do, Moe?

Moe: Well, it coulda been a real ugly situation, but, I managed to shoot him in the spine. Yeah. I guess the next place he robs better have a ramp!

Good stuff!

gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gav
Quote:

Shooting and killing people in your house will never be justifiable.

WHAT!?
what planet do you live on cuz i wanna move there where its all fine and dandy for someone to come in your home and do god knows what.

i have 3 kids
i find someone in my home, i swear to whatever god any of youz believe in, he better kill me because im gonna do my best to end his life.
period,
no excusses.
no nothing.
someone entering a home uninvited is a threat.
period.
and i for one take threats to my familys well being seriously.
seriously enough to do what needs be done.

you come at the king....you best not miss
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 04:24 PM

TCOB
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
TCOB

indeed brother
indeed

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 04:27 PM

I hate living near Phailadelphia anymore.....
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 04:29 PM

sorry, i got my shooters mixed up.

joe horn was the guy in texas.
the cops were in front of his house when he shot the two men.
http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=2007_447973...

john white is the man in long island that shot the teenager.
i'm not sure what the current status is with that case, but here's a link:
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-johnwhite-trial-sg,0,33...

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
I hate living near Phailadelphia anymore.....

thats why im out holmes
soon soon soon

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 05:01 PM

so first off, i think this is a good conversation. but it's kind of going in different directions and people are arguing different points. there is very much a difference between what joe horn did and protecting your property.

personally, i believe...

- that if someone breaks into your house, you should have the right to defend your family and property however possible. regardless of whether their intention is to rob, kidnap, assault, or kill and regardless if they're armed or not; they initiated the scenario by entering your home, you should be able to defend yourself without fear of repercussion.

- defending a neighbor's property - while all well and good in theory (who doesn't want to back their homies?) - is best left to law enforcement. you have no idea what you're up against and you are not in immediate physical danger - why put yourself in a position where you are? get a good description and call 911. if they come for you, then shoot 'em.

- joe horn knew the specific details of the Texas law and as witnessed by his 911 call (listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7jqLie6-Y0 ) fully intended to shoot those people as soon as he was within legal bounds to do so. he wasn't in danger. they weren't coming after him. at best, they were walking across his yard. but the law says you can defend your property, so he waited until they were on his property and he went outside and shot them.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 05:18 PM

I'm with Mr Mr Bad Vibes on this. Will blast.

Also, when I was about 12 our house got robbed and a bunch of shit that belonged to my dad, who died when I was 7, was stolen. I'd much rather have seen the robbers laid out in the yard dead thanks to a neighbor than have everything that belonged to my dad gone forever. That's just me.

bombidol
Posting Freak

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 06:44 PM

the way I look at it is that the dude was in the wrong for going looking for trouble. the cops were there and looking after shit, he went Rambo and went after them with his gun. You are a legally allowed to own a gun then you are within your rights to have one. If the law agrees that you can defend yourself and your property then again you have that right.
This is different in that he went looking for trouble, he was in the wrong. If the debate is if you SHOULD engage someone in your OWN home then its a personal choice. Theres no right or wrong. I have a baseball bat beside my bed and there are multiple guns in my home in a gun safe. There are children in my house as well as able bodied adults. Believe me when I tell you that if someone broke into my house with my nieces in bed they would get shot if I can get to a gun, simple as that. As to if I would kill them? No idea, chances are I'd be freaking out and just shooting but I would identify who was in the house at least so I wouldn't be shooting someone who was just up for a piss.
A burglar is one thing but who knows? How many news stories do you read about women raped by prowlers or old folk killed in their beds by em? I wouldn't take the chance personally, I don't want to kill anyone but if someone enters someones home illegally or against someones will you run the risk of some hard shit going down.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gav
Quote:
Originally posted by metal mulisha

Fuck those scumbags that is great what that guy did. People who steal from your home deserve to be shot in the fucking face.

I assume you are being sarcastic or ironic.

Nobody with enough braincells to find the on switch of a computer would be this retarded.

Unless of course it was already swtiched on when you found it. In which case I'm sure your care worker will be along soon to give you your medication so there is no need to panic.

Go let your heart bleed somewhere else you fucking faggot. You want to break the law and steal from people who work hard and provide for their families then you deserve to be killed.

Piss off you fucking cunt.

By the way do you have any idea what the word ironic means?

MM.
mattybar

[*] posted on 7-4-2008 at 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bombidol...there are multiple guns in my home in a gun safe....

damn!
is that legal? (serious question)
bombidol
Posting Freak

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 7-4-2008 at 05:26 AM

Yup. Not hand guns mind you.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
gav

[*] posted on 7-4-2008 at 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by metal mulisha

Go let your heart bleed somewhere else you fucking faggot. You want to break the law and steal from people who work hard and provide for their families then you deserve to be killed.

Piss off you fucking cunt.

By the way do you have any idea what the word ironic means?

MM.

Don't need to get angry just because you don't understand.

call me a faggot, nice. So just because I don't think you should be allowed to kill people makes me Gay. Very clever.

But seriously.

Are people arguing that for anyone suspected of breaking and entering into someones home, the sentence is death with no trial?

What about other crimes, like Heroin dealers? These guys provide drugs that a lot of kids end up fucking up their lives on. Death sentence to these people with no trial too.

Or how about someone who stole a car or truck?

What about someone dealing weed?

Or someone just posessing weed.

or some kid who steals a can of coke.
gav

[*] posted on 7-4-2008 at 05:31 AM

On second thoughts.

After re-reading this thread, I think I am clearly in the wrong place.

Mods feel free to delete my account and posts.
Skinny P

[*] posted on 7-4-2008 at 06:22 AM

I know I'm coming in late here and probably not saying anything new but here's my personal opinion.
If I found someone sneaking around my home, someone who obviously wasn't supposed to be there, they would be in trouble. I'm not being a "hard man" here, but I firmly believe in not allowing intruders to just walk around your property unmolested. Now some people may say "but a tv and dvd player aren't worth the risk of you getting hurt". Well that's true so it's up to the individual to weigh up the risks involved and act accordingly. Personally in such a situation, I would fuck someone up. For a few reasons.
1 - if you let this person get away unharmed it sends out the wrong message. They may come back. You have just advertised yourself as an easy target.
2 - you don't know this persons intentions. They could be just stealing shit. But what if they're up to something more sinister than that. Murder? Rape? Kidnapping children. I for one would be unwilling to take any chances.
In my books, the welfare of friends/family/loved ones in my territory outweighs ANY rights an interloper has while breaking and entering.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-4-2008 at 06:48 AM

even if you call the cops and wait, and they get arrested, in most cases, around here at least, they get out by morning. theres also been tons of cases where they do come back to intimidate or get revenge. it seems to happen frequently around here from what the local newspaper says..
just in the past week there has been a fuck load of home invasions involving sexual assaults in an isolated area of N Philly. might be the same perp. might not. i don't even know if they been caught yet.
i really don't want to execute someone for stealing my dvd player or sheer terror records, but after seeing the amount of sex offenders living in close proximity to me after Gavin posted that link a few months ago, I would only assume the worst if someone broke in during the wee hours.
anyway, i don't even own a gun, or a decent DVD player.
plus my cat is pretty vicious. burglars beware.
Skinny P

[*] posted on 7-4-2008 at 06:57 AM

Quote:
even if you call the cops and wait, and they get arrested, in most cases, around here at least, they get out by morning. theres also been tons of cases where they do come back to intimidate or get revenge. it seems to happen frequently around here from what the local newspaper says..
just in the past week there has been a fuck load of home invasions involving sexual assaults in an isolated area of N Philly. might be the same perp. might not. i don't even know if they been caught yet.

Yeah that's what I mean. You don't want to be second guessing a potential rapist/murderer. And the idea that they will come back to intimidate you is unbelievable. I can't help thinking "HOW FUCKING DARE THEY?". I mean seriously. My house costs me money, and I deserve, at the very fucking least, to be safe in my own fucking home. I will not take any form of bullying or intimidating in my own home which I am breaking my fucking back paying for.
So basically, if you break into my home, either be willing to kill me or get ready for hospital food.
 Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top