Both --- 3 (17.65%)

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: TERROR: Lowest of The Low vs. One With The Underdogs
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 07:05 PM
TERROR: Lowest of The Low vs. One With The Underdogs

It took me a while to get into Lowest of the Low, mostly because it was different than what I expected, but once I did, I really did. However, I just can NOT get on board with One with the Underdogs.

What about you?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 08:28 PM

i got into lowest of the low right away. one with the underdogs i gave a listen, but when something doesn't get me right away, i usually stop trying. i haven't really given it much play, but i don't really dig it.

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 08:33 PM

Bah, I haven't heard a thing from Terror that interested me in the slightest, so I can't help you out with this one.

Veritas odium parit
geneterror

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 09:22 PM

Lowest of the Low destroys but there's no way they could keep that kind of speed/intensity through a full length without it sounding to samey and getting boring. I prefer Lowest.. but I respect what they pulled outta the bag with the full length.
Maybe Frank will have more input into the song writing process next time around... that's something to get excited about!

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 09:52 PM

I can't get into anything this fuckin band does. I don't get it. Even live I get bored as fuck when they play.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 10:08 PM

Unless the name Terror has the word Sheer in front of it I'm probably not on board. What do these retards sound like? Why is it that every band I've heard recently of the new HC/Metal bands sound completely interchangeable. I remember when you could dig listening to Husker Du and then throw on Negative Approach and then the Adolescents and even my dad wouldn't confuse those 3 bands. Why do so many fucking bands feel the need to put the words blood or die in their name?
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 10:29 PM

i guess a lot of people were down on terror because they got so big so fast (?). i don't know about all that shit. all i know is that 'lowest' is hyper, and when i saw them at cb's last year, their show was off the hook. those guys put on an outstanding live show. moron was there - what did you think? now, is what they're doing revolutionary. no. but it is well done, and the live show sold me. they are among one of my favorite 'current' bands.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 10:47 PM

What do they sound like Big D? Driving home from Philly on Saturday I had the most fucked up playlist- The Bad Vibes, King Crimson, Poison Idea, Esoteric, Season to Risk, some crazy classical. Listening to PI and Bad Vibes gave me a hardcore kick in the ass. Recommendations?
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 10:47 PM

Well, I do realize that they blew up pretty quickly, but I wouldn't care if they were doing something interesting. No offense Duane, I just think that most people who like them just jumped on board because everybody else did. I even went over to the Bridge 9 website (shudder) to listen to an mp3 just to make sure I was thinking of the right band. It was every bit as uninteresting as what I remembered, but keep in mind that I think that 99% of all modern HC is just as boring. Bands like Terror just hold absolutely NO interest for me and it annoys me to see yet another band that show no trace of real roots. I would much rather hear twenty 7th generation Minor Threat or Negative Approach rip off bands than even one more band playing watered down Slayer riffs and calling it Hard Core.

Veritas odium parit
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TTF
What do they sound like Big D? Driving home from Philly on Saturday I had the most fucked up playlist- The Bad Vibes, King Crimson, Poison Idea, Esoteric, Season to Risk, some crazy classical. Listening to PI and Bad Vibes gave me a hardcore kick in the ass. Recommendations?

I'll set you up with an example.
Quite unfortunately, i have NO PI in digital format, and I can't say I've ever even heard Season To Risk.

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
Well, I do realize that they blew up pretty quickly, but I wouldn't care if they were doing something interesting. No offense Duane, I just think that most people who like them just jumped on board because everybody else did. I even went over to the Bridge 9 website (shudder) to listen to an mp3 just to make sure I was thinking of the right band. It was every bit as uninteresting as what I remembered, but keep in mind that I think that 99% of all modern HC is just as boring. Bands like Terror just hold absolutely NO interest for me and it annoys me to see yet another band that show no trace of real roots. I would much rather hear twenty 7th generation Minor Threat or Negative Approach rip off bands than even one more band playing watered down Slayer riffs and calling it Hard Core.

HAHA, no, i know, man, you're absolutely right. Like I said, what they're doing isn't revolutionary, and like you, I'm not into a lot of bands these days, but Terror is one of the few current bands that I'm actually interested in seeing live. Them and Hope Conspiracy. God knows I'm so out of touch, I wouldn't know what bandwagon to get on. Although, it is my impression that Donnybrook is currently "the band to like". I haven't heard them, so I can't really comment, but BOY-O-BOY were there some Donnybrook shirts and sweatshirts at the Superbowl.

ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 11:12 PM

holy shit man

while terror aint great, I do like them, live more than on cd. whatever they represent what they feel like whats so bad... at least its not atreyu or the fate of comeback kid? haha

umm, the lyrics in some of the songs are good, like Less Than Zero for example (actually those lyrics remind of hatebreed)

DNBK are coming up in the world...
they are cool dudes and have a good thing going, and I like their stuff, but hardcore kids are pathetic. Sorry. (haha what? - your thinking)

Oh can I just get some comments on people's thoughts on Boston Beatdown?

SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 11:31 PM

1. i'm seeing terror a couple times in a few weeks and i'm pretty excited. i'm glad you are saying good things.
2. the hope conspiracy are so fun live!
3. i wasn't into donnybrook for a while. i saw them over summer and they were ok, i wasn't really into it, but i wasn't really paying attention. then i saw them back in february and they were a lot fun. so i'm into it. i'm seeing them again on sunday and hope it's just as fun.

that was a lot of typing

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 11:33 PM

I hope you weren't trying to sway my opinion by comparing them to Hatebreed, Endera, because I probably despise Hatebreed more than just about any other big name band.

I've had a few people recommend Donnybrook to me, but I still haven't checked them out. It's probably the gay-ass name that's kept me from checking them out so far, but I've heard good things.

Oh, and I completely agree that hardcore kids are pathetic. People that dig Hard Core, on the other hand, can be pretty cool.

Veritas odium parit
ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 11:45 PM

Quote:
People that dig Hard Core, on the other hand, can be pretty cool.

Very well said there.

And no I didn't mean anythign by comparing them to hatebreed's lyrics.. I just find the subject matter similar in ways.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-11-2005 at 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SAAAAARS
1. i'm seeing terror a couple times in a few weeks and i'm pretty excited. i'm glad you are saying good things.
2. the hope conspiracy are so fun live!
3. i wasn't into donnybrook for a while. i saw them over summer and they were ok, i wasn't really into it, but i wasn't really paying attention. then i saw them back in february and they were a lot fun. so i'm into it. i'm seeing them again on sunday and hope it's just as fun.

that was a lot of typing

I can't say enought about the performance Terror put on at CB's last year and a few months later at Knitting Factory here in NYC. Anxious to hear what others, including Saaars, have thought of their live performance.

I've seen the Hope Conspiracy twice in NYC. The first time they were opening for someone at Irving, and the crowd was embarrassing. The second was at CB's and again, the crowd was fucking pathetic. I got a dvd of the CB's show. Good stuff, despite the horribly useless slobs in the audience.

Gotta check out Donnybrook.

Todd - check your U2U.

ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-11-2005 at 12:32 AM

haha Duane "horribly useless slobs" I love it

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-11-2005 at 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ENDERA.x
haha Duane "horribly useless slobs" I love it

the response of the crowd at both shows was genuinely embarrassing. THC brings so much energy to the stage, and these fuckers just stood there. Even I danced, essentially by myself, and I hung up my boots years ago.

gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-11-2005 at 01:25 AM

i listened to both terror cds cuz some kid told me my old ass would like them.
i didnt.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 4-11-2005 at 09:03 AM

I got into Terror because I saw playing with Madball and Hatebreed (plus some death metal bands) on the Rise Of Brutality Tour. I wanted to check them out cause Scott Vogel was singing and I liked Despair and Buried Alive. I thought they were fuckin amazing live. Lowest Of The Low was definately superior though.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-11-2005 at 11:40 AM

Both are equal however I think Oen with is more advanced musically. Better breakdowns drum stuff sounds better.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
LilOz
Unregistered

[*] posted on 4-11-2005 at 12:00 PM

lowest I really dig.

underdogs was a huge let down and such a bore.

CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 4-11-2005 at 05:05 PM

Terror are awesome live. I met Scott in Dallas. What a real nice guy. The song Overcome is just so motivating for me. It's great to run or workout to. I hope to always support Terror. I didg both disks. I also like First Blood.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-11-2005 at 06:27 PM

Ive seen Terror a bunch of times, and they've always been exciting. The show at CBs Duane is raving about was incredible. They were heavy as hell even with one guitarist and bodies were flying everywhere.

Like most, I definately like Lowest of the Low better than One With the Underdogs.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 4-11-2005 at 10:44 PM

Quote:

Dude...these guys's roots go WAY back. Having known 4/5 of the band long before they were doing Terror...I can say without a doubt that these guys come from the most sincere background that you could ask for.

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 4-11-2005 at 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JUICE MAYNE MSHC
Quote:

Dude...these guys's roots go WAY back. Having known 4/5 of the band long before they were doing Terror...I can say without a doubt that these guys come from the most sincere background that you could ask for.
I'm not trying to make a personal judgement on the guys in the band, it's just that their brand of music shows no trace of where Hard Core comes from to me. I hear metal riffs and not much more when I hear them and it just doesn't interest me, that's my whole point. I've never met those guys and probably never will, so it would be pointless of me to sit here and try to claim that I know what is in their hearts and heads, again, this is all just my opinion of their music.

Veritas odium parit
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top