Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: a fucking book about how I hate this new shit
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-12-2005 at 12:08 AM
a fucking book about how I hate this new shit

I think what is wrong with hardcore and punk is the threat is gone.
When I was coming up hardcore was dangerous as fuck, nazis and cops at shows...fights at every show, pretty much straight up violence....
and now it's this. pretty little boys and a feeling of security...what the fuck happend
I am not saying lets let the nazis come back into the scene, but if they did, there sure as hell wouldn't be kids that look and act like those french canadian fruits coming to shows anymore, they would be scared about chipping their nail polish or messing up their hair...

and this fake ass violence at shows is just a fucking slap in the face... I am just gonna go kick random people and throw shit not becasue I have beef with anyone, but cause I'm hard and I'm on the edged don't push me man and I hate my daddy cause he didn't buy me the new 18 visions 7" on clear limited to 5 with the hand drawn cover, cause that is what hardcore truely is about. having pretty looking records that don't say shit, and that don't ever get played anyhow... fucking kill them all please....

the more violence at shows = the fewer fake kids will show up, =the fewer clubs to book shows at which means fewer shows leading to fewer big money labels looking for something to sell to kids who have nothing better to do then jump at the next big thing, and selling violence only works in rap and hip hop anyhow.

more violence will mean better quality bands who truely love what they do and have real heart and integrity, because you have to love it when there is chance you're gonna get fucked up doing it, and you are not gonna make any money doing it or have a record in the top 100 and only those kids who truely love and respect what you do will ever know your name or ever know you were in a band....
and all these shit bag metal kids will run home and practice their scales some more... and wait for the metallica cover band to call them...

less violence at shows means more girls, not that I don't like girls at shows, but more girls mean more idiots who are there to pick up on girls instead of showing up for the bands and isn't nsyc playing down the street, yeah see ya fruits your next trend is calling

we need to take it back to when kids didn't worry about how they were dressed but were more concerend about seeing thier friends, seeing a band and getting away from the shit of the real world. when there was more violence I think we had a better sense of community, kids watchin each others backs and shit instead of shit talking about each other on the internet... and worrying about who was dating who.

I got into hardcore because I hated the popular scene in school, hell I hated the unpopular scene as well, I never fit in with them, and I never tried, I made my own thing with my friends who didn't give a shit about much of anything other then skating and having a good time. hardcore is music from the streets for the streets, kids like us wrote songs about how to survive and not take shit from these fake assholes, not about broken hearts and bullshit, (although blood for blood get's a pass on broken heart song writting)...
anyhow I guess I just wrote a whole bunch of nothing so fuck you. please pass the violence.
GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 4-12-2005 at 03:29 AM

Well...
it's all very valid.
and the points are made.
The violence would never make anything better.
I hated fighting people then, I hate fighting people now.
More then, than now.
As long as the people that the younger ones look up to take care of their small hardcore microcosm, then everything will work out.
We dont have too many spoiled queercore kids.The reason for that is we care enough about our scene to set an example. Drink beer, Eat wings, Listen to Death Threat.
Thats all you need to teach the N00bs, after that, its up to them which path they want to follow.
cool as aids

[*] posted on 4-12-2005 at 03:46 AM

YOU YOU CRAZY TALIBAN MOTHERFUCKER
MOVE BACK TO HOUSTON AND COME KILL MOTHERFUCKERS IN HOUSTON WITH ME

BRING THE VIL+OLENCE BACK 2K5

STRAY DOG RECORDS MOTHERFUCKERS :www.myspace.com/straydogrecords

UNDER ONE FLAG 7\" OUT SOON!!
brooklyn

Mood: HC & streetpunkrock

[*] posted on 4-12-2005 at 04:02 AM

Defstarsteve,... I fully agree with ya about the fucking fashion bs that has hit the scene since several years. I'm in HC since the mid 80s and it was real then. Now it feels often "plastic", fake,... the surrounding crap (clothes, hair, the right t-shirt, have the ltd ep on that specific color (bands should stop promoting this crap),... insted of the real thing why HC started: the music and the street spirit. Kids now also buy only releases from specific labels, be it good or bad bands, they just want stuff from that label and refuse to buy stuff from another label. What's that for a load of BS!! It's killing the scene.

T.C.O.B.
ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 4-12-2005 at 07:27 AM

You know what up here, there is no connection between the "real" hardcore kids to the FashionCore hardcore kids - much music mtv kids.. everytime i die...18v so theres no issue of those fags being at our hardcore shows, only the fashioncore shows, they dont know any actual hardcore bands

You've made some good points...

and about girls at shows, here, we have NONE. so i wouldnt mind seeing some.

theres no tough hardcore kids in this city either...well like 3 maybe? but those boys dont come to every show so outta the general crowd I am the one hurtin people and its not "exactly" on purpose I just dance hard and that creates violent actions from dicks tryin to hit me when I turn my back, hahaha

RETARDED

selling violence only works in rap and hip hop anyhow.

i dunno about that though, hiphop shows arent exactly violent, i show those kids videos from hardcore shows and they just say "we niggaz dont get down like that"
oh thats right they'd rather shoot eachother.
its not random mosh pit violence its shooting eachother and simple fighting or gang beating... haha
i love how the its cool to be ghetto and gangsta tuff yo!

"I got into hardcore because I hated the popular scene in school, hell I hated the unpopular scene as well, I never fit in with them, and I never tried"

bro I didn't get into hardcore exactlyfor that reason, everything I got into from punk to hardcore just sorta fell into place, no matter what I was always different I was always a minority -once I learned there was true music about real life shit not mtv shit I couldnt get away from it.
The only punk - hardcore kid in my school of 2000. Bout 100 caucasian students outta that... which made it that much more difficult cuz most of the rest either were all about poppunk or thought they were black or brown (hiphop)

i dont think violence would exactly make shows better, but thats cuz im not used to it (at shows at least) so im not exactly sure... but i know i wouldnt want to get in a fight at every show or have to break one up...
up here its too small to have 10 kids on one kid who starts shit it just doesnt happen so...
hah there are only 20 kids who like real hardcore out of the 5 something million people living here

"we need to take it back to when kids didn't worry about how they were dressed but were more concerend about seeing thier friends, seeing a band and getting away from the shit of the real world. when there was more violence I think we had a better sense of community, kids watchin each others backs and shit instead of shit talking about each other on the internet... and worrying about who was dating who. "

that is why I personally go to shows, to see my hardcore family and have something that I cannot share with the rest of the world.
so yeah I agree although not that violence isnt exactly the solution... haha

and internet talkin shit is retarded!!!!! some local kids try to pull it off saying I've done it when the only thing I've ever said is "i dont care how big you are, or who you fucking know, come say it to my face, you can knock me the fuck out if you think you'll prove you inane point, and if you are as big as you say, will you really look and feel that cool?"
and no one ever touches me...

defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-12-2005 at 07:47 AM

I was just venting.... duane maybe this should go to the hate forum....
I was also half a sleep...
TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 4-12-2005 at 09:37 AM

I think about this stuff all the time. I don't know if violence is the answer, although at this point it certainly can't hurt. I think the truth of the matter is that every 'movement' has a certain lifespan or a certain course it has to run and eventually everrything gets co-opted into a fashion that has no substance. How many 'gangster' rappers do you think were really bangers and dealers in another life? You can bet the early motherfuckers like NWA were doing that shit for real.

The sad fact is that hardcore hasn't been relevant in a really long time, in my arrogant opinion, and nothing can bring it back. It's run it's course. That's not to say that there aren't great bands out there that are passionate and walk the walk as well as they talk the talk; but as a whole most of what I see called HC these days is either poorly played Slayer with breakdowns and gang vocals, or retro bullshit trying to emulate the 'good old days'. Hardcore was never about looking backward, it was about demolishing a present that was phony, plastic, and so full of shit that it was in fear of exploding. That sounds alot like HC 2005 to me.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 4-12-2005 at 10:00 AM

I don't think the violence is that answer. The shows where everyone gets along and sing/yell together are the most fun for me. I agree, the threat is either gone or vastly diminished. Personally, I don't care what t-shirt anyone ever wears. Do they enjoy listening and experiencing the bands, CD, 7 inch or show? If the answer is yes, I have no beef. Violence for viloence sake is fucking weak and takes away from the "music". Never take away from the "Music". I'm hear for the music and always will be.
GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 4-12-2005 at 10:01 AM

come to my city, and find out where the fuck it really went.
We have the HARDCORE, no bullshit, egos or bands pulling shit.
Straight up Good Times and Good Kids.
Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 4-12-2005 at 05:01 PM

i dont consider fashion assholes and atreyu listeners part of hardcore.

just take a look at the papers
your leaders
they\'re killers
they\'re liars
what they do in your
name to make the bodies pile higher
the murders, the terror
they\'ve done it forever
as we sit band and smile
at the script they sell us
but now the victims, they\'re rising
their numbers\'s multiplying
they want their revenge for the years
that they\'ve been dying
Ben-G

Mood: Blacklisted

[*] posted on 4-13-2005 at 11:09 PM

Well im 17 i got in to hardcore when i hit high school, and as defstardave said i dont fit in with the popular people nor the unpopular people, its just me my girlfriend, and 2 of my friends . and from my time liking hardcore all i ever see is shit talking on the internet and suburb rich kids acting hard 21 year old "men" saying how great the "scene" was back then.

in my opinion i think hardcore is becoming more of a popularuty contest, of who has the best vinyl collection or who has the mosh cr00sh 80's core band. :(
Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 4-14-2005 at 12:00 AM

dont let the internet ruin hardcore for you. there will always be idiots, just goto shows and have fun.

just take a look at the papers
your leaders
they\'re killers
they\'re liars
what they do in your
name to make the bodies pile higher
the murders, the terror
they\'ve done it forever
as we sit band and smile
at the script they sell us
but now the victims, they\'re rising
their numbers\'s multiplying