Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: My Doorbell Rang at 3:10 AM sunday morning- Thank God I have a dog
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 12:12 PM
My Doorbell Rang at 3:10 AM sunday morning- Thank God I have a dog

Weird shit went down Sunday morning. At 3:10 am Sunday morning some dude rang my doorbell. My dog (boxer/pit mix) went insane. He wanted to go through the door.

My wife and I got up, looked out the little spy hole and some dude with no shirt and wearing shorts is on our front porch. He then rang it again, waited and ran down to the street for a few seconds. Then ran back up and rang it again. I grabbed the phone.

My wife said what are you doing? "Callin' the Cops fuck this asshole."

She said, "Ask him what he wants"

I opened the main font door holding my dog by the collar. while we are behind a glass door. The dog was al puffed up and frothing to kill this guy.

I said, "What the fuck are you doing?"

He says, "I live about a mile away behind TGI Fridays. I got jumped. Can I get a ride or use a phone?"

He was super sweatty and had some blood on his stomach. Not a lot at all.

I was out of it so I said, "Look dude, you have two options. First off, I don't beleive a fucking thing you are telling me. Option one is I lose my grip on my pit bull's collar and he takes a chunk out of you. Two, you talk to the Cops. Take your pick motherfucker."

He says, "C'mon, can't I get a ride?"

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! Yeah, hop on it in dude, where we headed? Jerk off.

I tell him, "That's it, Cops are coming."

He tells me, "I have a warrant out and I just need a lift man."

I tell him, "You get me out of bed at 3:00 with some bullshit story. Tell it to the Cops."

I shut the door and he hauls ass down the street.

It was fucking crazy. MY dog sat staring at the door and growled for about 30 minutes. I will always have a large dog.
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 12:16 PM

Did the cops nab him??
CR83

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 12:22 PM

Still waiting to see. I just e-mailed my neighborhood policing agent to see what's up.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 12:23 PM

wow... that kind of thing would freek me out. Did you end up calling the cops?

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
CR83

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 12:46 PM

I didn't call them. We were so wiped out that we didn't want to deal with any of it.

Thinking back, I made a mistake by not calling.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 01:26 PM

that is fucking odd.
glad the CD83 family is ok.

i don't fuck around any more, i just call the cops. getting into it directly with people just gets my blood pressure up and increases the likelihood that things will escalate.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 01:29 PM

i always thought all you americans have a big gun next to the door and shoot at everything that comes too close :karate:

defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 01:44 PM

don't open the door just call the cops...
freak knows where you live
xoversux

Mood: DYS SSD

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerkreuzer
i always thought all you americans have a big gun next to the door and shoot at everything that comes too close :karate:

Some do, but what they don't realize is that you will also need around $20K for a lawyer.

Blasting someone in the face with a fire extinguisher works pretty well.

I had the same thing happen to me last summer, turned out to be my drunk neighbor. I shuttled him home and make sure he didn't chop up his kids.

panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 02:26 PM

Quote:
Ursprünglich verfasst von xoversux
Quote:

I had the same thing happen to me last summer, turned out to be my drunk neighbor. I shuttled him home and make sure he didn't chop up his kids.

if you know the one at the door then there is no problem, i think. when i was drunk i tried to open my neighbors door instead of mine. he just turned me around and opened the door for me. but if a stranger would knock at my door, i would never open it.
i have the luck living in the second floor, so i never get disturbed....

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xoversux
Quote:

Some do, but what they don't realize is that you will also need around $20K for a lawyer.

Blasting someone in the face with a fire extinguisher works pretty well.

note to self: call before knocking on Chris' door.

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 02:47 PM

That happened once. It was sopme fuck I had no idea it was snowing like a bitch. He was banging ont he door woke the wife and I up. I grabbed the gun and threw the cell phone at the wife. She called 911 and reported it. COps came within 5 inutes but dude was gone. I watched him walk throught eh front yard. then walk down the street. Disapppeared behind a church. The dispatcher made it sound like it was a drunk dude who was lost. She asked it we had a porch light on. I said yes. SHe said sometimes they think its there house. Fucked up weird.

Anyway, glad things are ok with you guys. Always grab the phone and make the call first thing. Get them ont eh phone and say who and exactly your address before you get anything else out. Make that very first.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
CR83

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 03:44 PM

All great info folks. I really regret not calling.

Another weird thing is that our friend was approached in a grovery store parking lot by a girl who appeared "beat up". She gave him some rap about her boyfriend beating her up and she needed money to get from St. Louis to KC, would he buy her gas? He said, "No, but I'll get the cops." She then said that she had a warrant so maybe she could drive him to the gas station and he fill her tank. He said no, but I will call the cops.

This was about 6 or 7 weeks ago. Our friend did call the police and the store manager. About 3 weeks later they arrested some girl hustling people for money with the same story.

Her story and "my guy's" story wer pretty fucking similar.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 04:14 PM

Serously its all a game. Believe me. I hear of this shit all the time. It happens at our local mall all the time. ALso when I went to Columbus OH in June I went to pick up a case of beers for us in the hotel room and it was 1 in the afternoon. This fucking white dude walked up to me while I was putting the beers in the trunk he asked if I could lend him some money to get gas and he would pay me back. I always carry a small knife so I wasn't to stressed and was like "You should leave right now". Dude was like "please I work for it. I aint like that. I work for it" I said "get the fuck out of here". He was like "well then give me a ride". He saw me by myself and thought I was a mark. Dude ended up leaving, but it made me pissed to think anyones wife or child could have been around that shit. A fucking demon looking to hurt and steal. People are more fucked than ever now adays. That goes against what sociologists believe, but I beg to fucking differ.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 04:46 PM

sounds like this might be the new scam going around.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Barnesey

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 07:52 PM
the Lou

Chris, what part of St Louis do you live in? The humidity and rampant crime is what holds me from moving back there.

Live Fast Die Young
Push It To The Limit \'Til The Coffin Calls
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 08:25 PM

at least it wasn't Jehovah's Witnesses.....
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 08:50 PM

Where I'm from I've gotten into many, many scuttlebutts with pieces of shit on the street. I've had the occasional piece of turd knocking on my door as well. In my experience, if you kind of make them aware that you are not scared and that you will stomp their ass then they will fuck off. Every once in a blue moon that backfired on me but most of the time it worked. On a sort of related note. A friend of my brother's that lives near Seattle was walking down the street last week and 3 guys tried to rob him and he put up a fight and one of the dudes stabbed him in the motherfuckin eye. He had to have emergency surgery and best case his eyesight in that eye will come back worse than before...worst case, he'll lose his eyeball. Dude is like 24 and a really really good tattoo artist, has wife, kids, the whole deal. Fuckin terrible.

xChino_Martinezx

Mood: not waving, drowning

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 11:50 PM

man, never open your door to a stranger, unless you have a gun ready to put a bullet on his head... specially if you're with your family, just call the cops and wait for them inside the house without losing sight of the person knocking on your door, specially in your case where the second door is made of glass, just look from a closer window or a safe spot where you won't lose sight of the person outside...

in my country, scum kills just to rob a couple of bucks... everyday someone gets killed here for no apparent reason, people are sick and don't give a fuck about life anymore... I've seen people get stabbed to death or get shot for less than 10 bucks, man... I remember once, a sick fuck shot a bus driver to steal 3 dolars from him... 2 weeks ago, my girlfriend's neighboor was murdered... 3 motherfuckers went into the house, the house was kinda abandoned, he didn't lived there since a long time, but stilled owned the house, they entered twice in a day, made a hole in the roof, a hole in the back door and the cops never catched anyone, a couple of days later, the guy picked up a man to fix his door, they went into the house and the other 2 where waiting for him inside, they have been studying him, they knew who he was, where he was working and where he lived now, they tried to kidnap him and take him to his current apartment to rob there and probably take him to a atm to make him give them all his savings, he struggled because he remember his daughter was at the apartment and didn't want to expose her to this shit, as he tried to defend himself, the 3 guys started hitting him until they killed him, they fractured his skull and fucked up his face and his whole body with the savage beating they gave him... they only took his gold neckchain, a ring and his car which helped to catch 2 of them eventually, the 3rd guy is still missing, so they murdered him for ony a couple of jewels and a car that they couldn't anything with... and this was in a really nice and safe neighborhood, so you can imaging the rest... here the police is useless, they always come late and hardly ever catch someone, the criminals go to jail and get out soon because the prisons are to damn full... my girlfriend had to move, she now lives with his aunt and uncle and she's fine, just a little scared... I live in a more ghetto area and I've witness some horrible shit and I'm conviced that anybody that comes to my door asking even for food or help 'cause they're hurt or appear to be, will receive help from the cops, if they insist too much, I pull out a big knife on them through a side window (all my windows have iron bars on the outside to prevent robbery) and tell them clearly and in a threatning way that if they ask one more time to come inside, it's me who will go outside with the knife and they usually think I'm crazy and leave really fast, it's better that way...

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-19-2008 at 12:02 AM

All I can say is that I am glad you and your family is ok. God bless dogs, they will lay down their lives for their family without one thought.

MM.
godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

[*] posted on 8-19-2008 at 06:44 AM

Glad to hear you and your family are ok. As a Police Officer please don't think that I'm trying to be pretensious(sic?) but really, seeing all the shit I have, and maybe I'm a little paranoid, don't even answer the door unless you are armed and WILLING. No matter what you hear, the cops will be there in time if you explain to the call taker that you are in fear for yourself or your family's life. I beleive whole-heartedly in using your dog to try an intimidate some shitbag, but everyone beware: Liability and Liberals don't mix! Imagine for a moment:::::: Dude keeps pressing it and grabs the door, you let rover loose an he tears him up. Good job Rover (seriously). Now the cops show up an technically this guy really didn't commit any crime, now your gona get jammed up possibly legally for assualt, assualt with a deadly weapon (you used the dirty dirty word pit bull!) Don't think it's so far fetched. And if your not jammed up legally, how about civilaly?

"I was just looking for some help an this asshole sicked a huge PIT BULL on me!!!!, I deserve a million dollars!"

Seriously, this is a fucked up world. Criminals like this do the scams they do because they work either way. I've seen it a thousand times. Be fucking carefull. Open the door, tell them to fuck off or have a nice night an call the cops. I've been sued numerous times for eroneous bullshit but the city always pays cause it's actually less expensive then to deal with arbitration. But that's expected doing what we do. Matter of fact I have a FEDERAL suit coming up in Sept., and if I told you the story you'd be appalled as taxpayers. Be carefull.

\"Leave the gun....take the canolis.\"
mattybar

[*] posted on 8-19-2008 at 07:00 AM

crazy shit.
if i'm not expecting anyone, i don't answer my door even if it's broad daylight.
London's out of control these days.

On the other side of the coin, some guy got shot to death not far from here for knocking on the wrong door!
CR83

[*] posted on 8-19-2008 at 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barnesey
Chris, what part of St Louis do you live in? The humidity and rampant crime is what holds me from moving back there.

Hey Barnsey. I live in the unicorporated part of Creve Coeur. Very middle class type place.

I was born in North County and left in 80 after we got robbed a few times. We moved to Warson Woods which is now crazy expensive.

I love this town. Just big enough of a small town.
CR83

[*] posted on 8-19-2008 at 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by metal mulisha
All I can say is that I am glad you and your family is ok. God bless dogs, they will lay down their lives for their family without one thought.

MM.

Thanks Dude. Since Saturday my dog has been putting himself in front of my daughter and my wife. He is checking everything. He is entering rooms before they are. He's puffing himself up too. When they sit down, he is sitting right in front of them and watching everything.

Last night we were in bed and he normally grabs his blanket and lays on it to go to sleep but last night he laid next to my wife and put his head on her stomach.

Side note- this may indicate she's expecting. She was a little freaked out but brought a tear to her eye that he is laying on her (he's not a big snuggler) and is showing that he is ready to protect her and our 4 year old. I'm not putting too much worry or concern into the "expecting" part. I will of course post up here if we are.
CR83

[*] posted on 8-19-2008 at 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by godabandonedme
Glad to hear you and your family are ok. As a Police Officer please don't think that I'm trying to be pretensious(sic?) but really, seeing all the shit I have, and maybe I'm a little paranoid, don't even answer the door unless you are armed and WILLING. No matter what you hear, the cops will be there in time if you explain to the call taker that you are in fear for yourself or your family's life. I beleive whole-heartedly in using your dog to try an intimidate some shitbag, but everyone beware: Liability and Liberals don't mix! Imagine for a moment:::::: Dude keeps pressing it and grabs the door, you let rover loose an he tears him up. Good job Rover (seriously). Now the cops show up an technically this guy really didn't commit any crime, now your gona get jammed up possibly legally for assualt, assualt with a deadly weapon (you used the dirty dirty word pit bull!) Don't think it's so far fetched. And if your not jammed up legally, how about civilaly?

"I was just looking for some help an this asshole sicked a huge PIT BULL on me!!!!, I deserve a million dollars!"

Seriously, this is a fucked up world. Criminals like this do the scams they do because they work either way. I've seen it a thousand times. Be fucking carefull. Open the door, tell them to fuck off or have a nice night an call the cops. I've been sued numerous times for eroneous bullshit but the city always pays cause it's actually less expensive then to deal with arbitration. But that's expected doing what we do. Matter of fact I have a FEDERAL suit coming up in Sept., and if I told you the story you'd be appalled as taxpayers. Be carefull.

You bring up a great point. A small piece of me thinks, "What if this guy just needed some help?" Have I gotten so jaded that I automatically think there is harm coming?

Bottom line though- my family's safety is more imporant then this sweaty guy on my front porch.

You seriously bring up great points though. Thanks Man!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top