Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Introductions...We do this on my Board
bystanderfanzine.com

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 04:01 PM
Introductions...We do this on my Board

We have an introductions thread on the Bystander/Albany board. Since I haven't posted here in forever I wanna start one here.

Name:
Job
Bands, zines or any other hardcore activity:

bystanderfanzine.com

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 04:05 PM

Name Scott J
Age 32
Reason you post here: I posted here a ton when my old band was on Thorp, came back because I can't handle the shit kids talk about on other boards. I like it here because everyone seems older, but not jaded and bitter about hardcore.
Job: Full time Librarian, Part Time club security
Bands, zines or any other hardcore activity: I have done a ton of bands; Tripface when I was young anf living in the NYC/LI area and then Burning Bridges when I moved to Albany. I also do an online zine called Bystander and I book a show once in a great while.

bombidol
Posting Freak

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 05:58 PM

Name: Gareth Cummins
Reason you post here: Bit more easy going than other boards and some good people.
Job : I work in a hospital during the day
Bands, zines or any other hardcore activity: Singer/Guitarist in 20 Bulls Each

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 06:11 PM

Name: Quinn
Reason you post here: I stopped by after Thorp put out the Sheer Terror DVD and, well...I never left. Everyone's cool on here and stuff.
Job: A Quality Controlish position in a Pharmaceutical Packaging company making way less than I should cause it's all fucked.
Bands, zines or any other hardcore activity: none of the above.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

Mood: f-minus

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 06:30 PM

Name: Nick
Reason you post here: Like hardcore but mostly because of the good group of people that post here.
Job Work in Human Services. Also own my business http://www.mohawkdesignstudio.com
Bands, zines or any other hardcore activity: Dont play in a band and have no zine experience but I do offer my sevices to the hardcore/punk community at a reasonable rate.
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 06:36 PM

Name - Dave
Age - 35 (in one week)
Reason you post here - i joined way back, and never left, i think i was like the third person to join the board.
Job - Draftsman
Bands, zines or any other hardcore activity - played guitar in Thorps own, The New Breed

bombidol
Posting Freak

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 06:38 PM

Did everyone here play in a band signed to Thorp? Sign me up here.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 06:59 PM

Name Jeff Karbow
Age 22
Reason you post here: Joined in hopes of spreading the word about my zine and ended up enjoying the people here. Truly my favorite messageboard to visit.
Job: Part time jack of all trades (roofing, demolition, painting, concrete, anything to make a quick buck) and full time student.
Bands, zines or any other hardcore activity: Played in a metallic hardcore band called Last One Laughing, now I play in a metal(core) band called Prosper Or Perish. I also do my best to manage SicZine.com

Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 08:05 PM

Name: Andrea but most people call me Furly
Reason you post here: you dudes are ok in my book.
Job: landlord
Bands, zines or any other hardcore activity: nada

SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 08:13 PM

Name: Shane
Reason you post here: Started out looking for BFB and Ramallah news, and I'm constantly finding out about new and old bands I've never heard. Cool people.
Job: Chemical operator/foreman
Bands, zines, etc.: Nope. Critic, not musician.

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 08:18 PM

Name: Morgan
Reason you post here: Accidentally stumbled onto Thorp Records, checked out the board, and stuck around from there.
Job: Student, and when I'm not in school I do ranch work.
Bands, zines, etc.: none

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 08:44 PM

Name: Chris
Reason you post here: Good people here, and I love Thorp
Job: Social Worker working with HIV+ inmates being released to the community
Bands, zines or any other hardcore activity: Nope
LordActionWood

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 09:06 PM

Name: Darren
Reason you post here: Thorp and BD are cool dudes, i listen to hardcore every day, you guys are delightful.
Job: Principal Consultant, Top Selecter and a Pum-pum Wrecker
Bands, zines or any other hardcore activity: I was in a band called Edgewise from 1988-92, then again from 95-96. Currently working on a new band project...if we ever actually practice and stop talking shit, i will let you guys know.
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 09:15 PM

Name: Dak (Yes it's my real name)
Reason you post here: Came here for Blood For Blood info and stayed for the fun.
Job: Receiving/Purchasing/Inventory Controller for a manufacturing company.
Bands, zines or any other hardcore activity: Never been in any bands, but have done back-up vocals on my friends band.
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 09:27 PM

Name: Dr Mr Juice E Joel, Esq
Job: business mayne, www.bidabit.com www.juicyjoel.com
Reason you post here: my band put out an album on Thorp
Bands, zines, etc: sing in a band called Clenched Fist for the past 12 years, played bass for the last few months of a band called Fight Like Hell. Did a zine a couple times when I was 15.

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 10:06 PM

Name: joshua

Reason you post here: originally to clear up some crap that spread from another board, but BD is a great guy & that combined with the rest of yous got me to stick around!

Job: I'm a member of UAW Local 470, my job title is 'Timekeeper', but that doesnt describe what I do. Basicly I do paper work, data entry & I run a small engraving machine at a place that makes valves for pipelines, nasa, nuclear powerplants, oil refineries etc.

Bands: I havent had a band in a long time and havent had a 'hardcore' or 'punk' band since probably around 1994. The bands that would qualify that I did play in were... RAID (before we knew about the Vegan band with the same name), Double Bogey and Phineas Gage.

Zines: In highschool I worked on a zine called LUNCHTRAY which became merged with SICK PIGEON and became SPOLT (Sick Pigeon on a Lunchtray) after issue 2, but that was in 1991.

Other hardcore activity: Slapshot super fan, roadcrew, stagemanager, graphic designer, merch guy, motivator & all around lackey.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 10:49 PM

Name: Shawn Scott (go by Refuse because I got sick of people calling me Scott my whole life haha)

Reason you post here: I first stumbled upon the board because Chris from the Scars put up a post saying I sound like Choke. I was amused and now I post to keep people in the know about my band, as well as talk about some good random bullshit. Most recently I am trying to book our first tour to Chicago and back. Looking for gigs in Albany, Buffalo, Ohio and Pittsburgh (u2u me if there are any people you can turn me to)

Job: Graphic Designer/Flash Guy

Bands, zines or any other hardcore activity: Refuse Resist takes up my life. In high school i put out a zine Scizophrenic (misspelled on purpose) where I got to interview Sam Black Church, Slapshot, Jello Biafra, and a bunch of local bands like Dive, Overcast, Knockdown. Basically I had an amazing time in high school. Now, I occasionally contribute to hidagenda.com and put on a bunch of shows in the Boston area.

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 11:03 PM

Name: Mike

Reason you post here: Because it's not B9. It's the best hardcore board really without drama or little twits running around posting stupid shit.

Job: 60% of my week is managing roster/workforce planning for a Helpdesk of 100 staff at a national ISP. the other 40% is spent being a 2nd level Helpdesk escalation contact for frontline agents, going through difficult tickets, fault management, and answering their questions

Bands, zines or any other hardcore activity: Used to promote shows in Southern Ontario before I moved, including 2 Mosh For Tots gigs to raise food & toys for families during the holidays. Dogz of War, Let It Die, Sons of Azrael, Herod, The Almighty Trigger Happy, Flat Earth Society, 4 In The Chamber, Dead Hearts, and a bunch of other local bands played that over 2 years. Also booked gigs for Ringworm, Merauder, Blacklisted shows, Agents of Man, Goat Horn, Rammer and a bunch of local gigs.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 11:56 PM

Name: Steve McCarthy (defstarsteve, since that's the crappy business I own)

Reason you post here: Tire Iron Saint brought me here when we were in a band together, been here ever since. The guys on this board are about the only people I talk to on a daily business that I would call friends. Yes my life is that suck.

Job: www.def-star.com, screen printing and all aspects of running a small business 16 hours a day and 7 days aweek.

Bands, zines or any other hardcore activity: been in bands since I was 16 playing guitar and bass and doing back up vocals...
and I have been printing merch for bands for over 10 years... skating brought me to hardcore which brought me to playing music, which brought me to printing merch, which pays my bills and supports my kids...

furly is your nickname a 3's company thing?
Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 8-27-2008 at 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve

nope, my last name is shithead. I've actually had the nickname since 6-7 grade.

But now that I do have the same occupation as Mr Furley I've thought about getting myself some polyester suits.

Yeah, I edited this post!

defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-27-2008 at 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Furly
Quote:

nope, my last name is @@@@@@@@. I've actually had the nickname since 6-7 grade.

But now that I do have the same occupation as Mr Furley I've thought about getting myself some polyester suits.

that's cool though that you became furly...
polyester suits gold chains and the regal beagle....
the good life
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-27-2008 at 03:33 AM

Name: Dave Moral
Reason you post here: Bought a couple Thorp releases, decided to check out the site. Everyone was cool, all other hardcore boards tend to suck.
Job: Wallpaper hanger
Bands, zines or any other hardcore activity: Played in a crappy band years ago that no one but a select few would've even heard of. I don't do much in the way of hardcore anything anymore.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 8-27-2008 at 04:31 AM

Quote:

On the 16th?

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
mattybar

[*] posted on 8-27-2008 at 05:33 AM

Name: Matty
Reason you post here: stumbled onto here through a google search on something or other. stuck about as everyone seems a bit older and chilled out than the usual hc messageboards.
Job: IT bitch
Bands, zines or any other hardcore activity: i play guitar in NineBar and Injury Time. I help run Rucktion Records and I put on gigs once a month in London.
xoversux

Mood: DYS SSD

[*] posted on 8-27-2008 at 07:10 AM

Name:Chris http://www.myspace.com/xoversux

Reason you post here:I don't post too much. Thorp put out my band's last record and everyone on here seems cool.

Job: I co-own a custom bicycle manufacturing shop http://tedwojcikcustombicycles.com

Bands, zines or any other hardcore activity: I have been playing bass in Slapshot since 1991 ( I left in 1996 and returned in 2000). I don't do any other hardcore activity and I don't consider myself hardcore at all.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top