Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dual lead vocalist? yes or no?
ManMadePsycho

Mood: TERROR

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 01:29 AM
Dual lead vocalist? yes or no?

Ok the other night...while jammin in my buddies basement...we had a friend come over...names dan...well we get playin our songs and shit...and well some how we ended up giving dan a mic...and he was singing with me....well we were switching off on the songs....and backing each other up....the boy can literally scream forever....and I put so much power behind that...now it seems as if songs can be more complex now that we have dual lead vocalists...

But what it comes down too...whats your guys take on a dual lead vocalist band? You think its a stupid idea, good idea? As far as I know nobodys doing it in my area that I know of...

gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 01:35 AM

HATE it except for blood for blood and even that took me a while to get used to
i like one dude singing
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 08:05 AM

One of the two usually winds up becomming the Flava Flav of the group. It would be better if one a youse is at least playing an instrument as well.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 10:09 AM

milli vanilli had dual vocals... some nu metal fag shit has dual vocals

backups and sing alongs are awesome.... so are guest vocals but full time?
how much solid material could be written to where one of you wouldn't just be standing around at some point?

not always a bad thing, but play the vibes or maracas , oh or tambourine or something
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 10:40 AM

unless your BLOOD FOR BLOOD or BIOHAZARD. Maybe Huey Lewis and Gwenyth Paltro but thats it.:D

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 10:49 AM

I think it sounds cool, especially if you're sounds are different. anything to spice music up is good IMO. Use the Starkweather philosophy, turn everything up louder than everything else and just when you think you've done enough, do a little bit more. That way you can end up like us, with 10 or 15 fans and a horrible attitude.
ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 11:43 AM

yes/

LilOz
Unregistered

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 12:11 PM

I am all for it if it sounds goods, you even have bands like point of no return and nueva etica with 3 vocalists.

Morser is awesome though.
http://www.morser.de/

RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Duane
One of the two usually winds up becomming the Flava Flav of the group. It would be better if one a youse is at least playing an instrument as well.

I agree with that. As far as two vocalist go...theres quite a few bands that do that. Like duane said though, it would be better if one of you were playing an instrument.. it is after all a band.. not rap or some kind of "boy band"

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LilOz
I am all for it if it sounds goods, you even have bands like point of no return and nueva etica with 3 vocalists.

Morser is awesome though.
http://www.morser.de/

i like PONR and i didnt notice the 3 vocalists, but I havent listened to the stuff in a while to maybe I just dont remember haha

SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 08:13 PM

for the most part, not into it. but there is always exceptions.

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 11:17 PM

I was one of two vocalists in a band several years ago and it drove me nuts. We had wildly different styles, so that helped, but it was a pain in the ass trying to figure out what to do on the songs where the other vocalist did most or even all of the singing. It annoyed me even more that he still wanted to do as much singing as me since he knew how to play every instrument in the band as well as, or pretty close to as well as the other members. He would occasionally pick up the guitar for one song or something, but he usually just focused on vocals. That band was kind of a mess anyway since we all were pulling it in different directions and there was a lot of scheming where two or three of the members would get together and write songs geared towards what some of us wanted to do, but we could almost never agree as a whole band on anything. I think having two vocalists is always going to create an odd dynamic in a band because you'll have two people pulling the band in two directions for the most part.

Veritas odium parit
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 11:32 PM

Try it. If it sucks, you'll know....

Antiseen75

[*] posted on 4-19-2005 at 12:52 AM

If both vocalists are really talented and have a distinction in their styles (a la Billy/Evan from Bio and Budda/Rob from BFB as mentioned already), then it's incredibly potent........hell, I even dig 3 Inches of Blood and how they combine the shrieker with the singer, I think it works great, especially live. There's also double singer bands like Husker Du that were incredible IMO........
moforn

[*] posted on 4-20-2005 at 12:15 AM

nausea were pretty good, they had the male/female thing going on. It seems to me I heard that the chick was married to roger miret but I could be wrong, I bet they got into some wicked screaming matches... "I WANT FUCKING STEAK FOR SUPPER"- "NO YOU'RE EATING FUCKING SOY TONIGHT".

Go To Top