Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: this election sucks so fucking bad.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 9-17-2008 at 07:25 PM
this election sucks so fucking bad.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080917/ap_on_el_pr/candidates_e...

You don't have to read it. Just look at the title.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 9-17-2008 at 08:46 PM

I just like how McCain and Obama are the only 2 candidates, despite a raft of others including Ralph Nader & Bob Barr who have fairly spread out support across the country.

Also amusing is Bear Stearns, Frannie Mae, Freddy Mac & AIG get bailed out, Lehman Brothers left to collapse. Guess they didn't have friends in the right places.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-17-2008 at 09:27 PM

"Obama ridiculed McCain's calls for more regulation as an eleventh-hour conversion for one who has long championed deregulation."

This little tidbit reminds me of my friend. He's a fiscal conservative... nothing necessarily wrong with that I guess... but he used to RAIL on regulation. Granted, my friend talks out of his ass alot and doesn't alway think things through. He used to always say that NOTHING should be regulated. When this subprime mortgage shit hit the fan I asked him, "so... you still think there should be no regulation?"

I understand that great things happen in a free market, but when people have lots of power and it goes unchecked this is the result. Back in June/early July I was listening to Bloomberg radio where they had hearings on the Fed's plan of potentially temporarily taking over Fannie and Freddie if they really get in trouble, and some Republicans were completely against the idea. They were against the American people having to pay for other peoples fuckups, but honestly... what were the other options?

None of this really has anything to do with the Presidential campaign, but that quote just made me smile and reminded me of my friend.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 9-17-2008 at 10:49 PM

All I ahve to say is this. Between 1996 and 2004 I championed the republican system and its beliefs as gold. Impressed few but annoyed plenty. However I felt so right about it. The idea of if a company fails its because it sucked and another will come along and be better. Freedom of independence and strength. Work for something and you'll get it. Don't sit on your ass, but make something of yourself. Don't cry about racism or dwell about the past because life will not wait. Handouts are freebees from hard workers who are carrying your weight. Etc.

However, this is a republican in office and this republican has done nothing but allow handouts. Form the airlines after september 11th to mortgage companies, oil companies, halliburton, banks and various other lending institutions. NOw you can try and explain it as we are doing it for the best of the country. IF not, the country would be at risk or stocks would suffer. Or whatever the fuck else. The idea of capitalism is just that. Let the fuckers fail. Let them fucking fail and allow another to come along and build a better product or sell a better loan. That is what happens to us if we go bankrupt. We suffer a sever painful long process that is almost impossible to escape. However you can take millions of dollars of other peoples money go bankrupt only to lose everything from investors to be secured then by the government and the people lose the investment but the company stays and so there pockets stay fat. Un-fucking believable. It's all fucking lies form the right wing. The sad thing is its the same on the left. I bought that philosophy hook line and sinker.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-17-2008 at 11:25 PM

It's just like the S&L scandal back in the 80's. That cost the taxpayers billions.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-18-2008 at 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
It's just like the S&L scandal back in the 80's. That cost the taxpayers billions.

know who was behind that
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five

john mccain
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-18-2008 at 01:19 AM

Yep. We're screwed. It's only a matter of time before the GREATER Depression hits, and then we are up shit creek without a paddle. Probably without a boat too. Droughts will hit, another Dust Bowl(which, evironmentally isn't really avoidable ESPECIALLY with the right wing's position on this) and goodly number of us will be doing just what so many illegal immigrants are doing... migrant farm workers getting paid SHIT to live in shacks and be exploited by wealthy landowners. Only question is, what part of the country will everyone be heading to? California again? I dunno.

Grapes of Wrath brothers, GRAPES OF WRATH.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-18-2008 at 01:39 AM

Has anyone officially declared a recession yet or are they still avoiding the obvious?

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 9-18-2008 at 08:43 AM

still avoiding it.

Regardless of how you may feel of Glenn Beck he stated last night that this bailout may have avoided a GREAT DEPRESSION. Saying that it may still happen even with this bailout.

This is a total mess. Everyones in debt and the companies that were supposedly reaping profits are nothing but debt as well.

Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 9-18-2008 at 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
still avoiding it.

This is a total mess. Everyones in debt and the companies that were supposedly reaping profits are nothing but debt as well.

And isn't that some shit.

It's funny, I remember hearing like two years ago when the who NAU thing was spreading around like wildfire that the economic sectors would collapse which would lead into the formation of the NAU. Now, I don't think the NAU will form but they were right on with the economy side.

bystanderfanzine.com

[*] posted on 9-18-2008 at 09:28 PM

Everybody's talking about revolution
Everybody's talking about smash the state
Sounds to me like the final solution
Right wing, left wing, full of hate

We don't wanna fight
Because you tell us to
So watch your back when you attack us
'Coz we might just turn on you.

Things get worse with every hour
The future fades into the past
All they want is total power
Climbing on the backs of the working class.

We don't wanna be part of no new religion
We don't need a boot and a switchblade knife
We don't wanna be part of a political dream
We just wanna get on living our lives

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-18-2008 at 11:47 PM

^Great song, great band.

The funny thing about these bailouts is this... it's either going to be taxpayers paying these assholes who gambled their money away, or the state is going to be borrowing MORE money from China, Russia and whoever the fuck else and taxpayers will be bearing the burden of that debt for generations.

It's so fucking crazy that there was a multi-trillion dollar surplus when Bush came into office, and now there's a multi-trillion dollar deficit. And still working class middle Americans vote Republican! I don't even know how to approach my parents and say "are you kidding me? You're voting against your own self-interest here!"

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-18-2008 at 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
still avoiding it.

That's fucking mind-blowing really. I thought it was 3 quarters in a row of negative figures, this is now what, 5th or 6th quarter?

Go To Top