Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: THat drummmer from BLINK 182 and other bands was injured in a plane crash.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 9-20-2008 at 11:51 AM
THat drummmer from BLINK 182 and other bands was injured in a plane crash.

COLUMBIA, S.C. - South Carolina officials say four California residents died in the fiery Learjet crash that also critically injured former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and celebrity DJ AM.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Lexington County coroner said Saturday that pilot Sarah Lemmon of Anaheim Hills and co-pilot James Bland of Carlsbad died. Also killed were passengers Chris Baker, 29, of Studio City, and Charles Still, 25, of Los Angeles.

Authorities say the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. The plane headed for Van Nuys, Calif., went off a runway, through a fence and crashed on a nearby road.

Barker and DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, were in critical condition at a burn center in Augusta, Ga.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 9-20-2008 at 12:00 PM

wow.... that sucks!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-20-2008 at 01:34 PM

fuct up.

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-20-2008 at 01:59 PM

what the deuce?
last time I outsource for henchmen....
if you want a hit done right you gotta do it yourself, I hope I can get a refund....

actually sucksto be burnt alive, but not as bad as all the crappy music he has put out.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 9-20-2008 at 04:35 PM

this is like the mall-punk version of the Richie Vallens story

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-20-2008 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
this is like the mall-punk version of the Richie Vallens story

bwahaha
i like the big bopper better than any of these dudes
but honestly im sorry it happened

you come at the king....you best not miss
MarkV

[*] posted on 9-20-2008 at 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
actually sucksto be burnt alive, but not as bad as all the crappy music he has put out.

Real cool, dude.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 9-20-2008 at 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
Quote:

Real cool, dude.

Yup, we offend all who have not been around long enough to know better. yes, this sucks, but really, who REALLY gives that much of a fuck. I don't know him, I know I don't dig his tunes, as Steve has already pointed out. I feel bad for his kids. After spending as much time as I did where I did I have learned that life can throw some fuckin curveballs at ya bro.............for real.
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 9-20-2008 at 07:16 PM

Barker's security dude who was killed was an FSU guy who was hanging out with everyone on the final night of the Terror / Death Before Dishonor tour a week ago. Fuckin weird and sad to hang out with somebody who would die less than a week later.

MarkV

[*] posted on 9-20-2008 at 07:20 PM

Trust me, I'm not offended easily, and I can dish it with the best of them.
This isn't really a matter of being offended. People died. 2 people are in critical condition. I'd probably think the comment was shitty even if it wasn't someone "famous."

That being said, he's an enormously talented guy who's done a lot for bands, musicians, kids, etc. I have a good number of friends that are very tight with him who are probably totally panic stricken right now wondering if their friend is going to live or die.

Update: I knew one of the dudes. Only knew him by his nickname. So, yeah, my point stands.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 9-20-2008 at 09:10 PM

I feel bad about it, but stuff like this bums me out because I dont get why its news. Its a personal thing that his family (and the familys of all the other people on the plane) should know about but why am I entitled to know?

Also, people die & are hurt every minute of every day and I'm sure that a lot of them are big influences on kids and adults in a ton of different ways, but we never hear about those people (most of them at least) because they are not famous.

*let me say that I am not contradicting myself by saying "Why do we hear about Travis etc when it should be none of my buisness" yet I said "we dont hear about non famous people". I dont think that we should hear about anyones personal buisness.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

MarkV

[*] posted on 9-20-2008 at 09:58 PM

There's always coverage with fatal plane crashes like this.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 9-20-2008 at 11:42 PM

Some dude at work was in tears because of this. A grown ass man wet in the eye because someone he didn't know and never met was hurt. I would have smacked him in the mouth if it werent for the fact he was packin heat.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 9-21-2008 at 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by barc0debaby
Some dude at work was in tears because of this. A grown ass man wet in the eye because someone he didn't know and never met was hurt.

Travis is no Cobain & that wasnt even anything to cry about.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 9-21-2008 at 12:29 AM

Quote:

yeah, I guess I just dont know why.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 9-21-2008 at 01:37 AM

Quote:
Some dude at work was in tears because of this. A grown ass man wet in the eye because someone he didn't know and never met was hurt.\

I was that way for Dimebag for some reason I can't explain. Only time in my life that ever happened.

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-21-2008 at 01:46 AM

Quote:
Some dude at work was in tears because of this. A grown ass man wet in the eye because someone he didn't know and never met was hurt. I would have smacked him in the mouth if it werent for the fact he was packin heat.

and that's why I made the joke...
too many people live thru the lives of famous people instead of doing shit themselves...

sucks it happened but there was no discussion of the Russian plane crash last week where 88 people were killed...

kill a celebrity
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 9-21-2008 at 09:35 AM

Quote:

kill a celebrity
:thumbup:

I was bummed when Johnny Ramone died but not crying about it. Then I remembered all the stories about what a dick Johnny was....

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 9-21-2008 at 01:05 PM

I was sad when the guy from ERASURE announced he had aids. Also when John Elway retired. Or when THE CURE retired, not the first time but the 7th time. Just after the DISINTEGRATION tour.

I got to finish my paper. PEACE OUT!

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
MarkV

[*] posted on 9-21-2008 at 04:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:

So what is the news supposed to cover?
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 9-21-2008 at 04:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So what is the news supposed to cover?

Government, Weather, Public Events. Things that effect people & that dont have any privacy issues.

Theres all the Hippa-laws that protect people in hospitals, but they report on the news that celebrities are in hospitals for different things and what not.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

MarkV

[*] posted on 9-21-2008 at 05:17 PM

So fatal plane crashes have no place on the news? That doesn't effect the public?
How about crimes where people are killed, or just crime in general?
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 9-21-2008 at 07:43 PM

Quote:
So fatal plane crashes have no place on the news? That doesn't effect the public?

I dont see a way that a plane crash effects the public unless it causes things to close down.

Crime I can see effecting people that were not invloved. I think my point is getting lost. My main complaint is that I dont think that peoples names should be on the news. Like WHO it is that got killed or WHO was in the plane crash or WHO was robbed or WHOS house was broken into. That stuff seems personal to me.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 9-21-2008 at 09:48 PM

Heres a longer write up...

http://www. cnn. com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/20/barker. plane. crash/index. html

(CNN) -- Former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and disc jockey Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein were in critical condition with extensive burns Saturday after a jet crash the night before that killed four people, authorities said.

Lexington County Coroner Harry O. Harman said all the dead were Californians. He identified them as pilot Sarah Lemmon, 31, of Anaheim Hills; co-pilot James Bland, 52, of Carlsbad; Chris Baker, 29, of Studio City; and Charles Still, 25, of Los Angeles.

The National Transportation Safety Board has sent team to Columbia, South Carolina, to investigate the crash.

The Learjet 60 crashed on takeoff at the Columbia Metropolitan Airport at 11:53 p.m. Friday.

Beth Frits, spokeswoman at the Joseph Still Burn Center, in Augusta, Georgia, said Barker and Goldstein arrived at the hospital early Saturday. She said both men had "extensive burns.
"

Barker and Goldstein had played at a huge free outdoor concert in Columbia's Five Points district on Saturday night, CNN affiliate WIS-TV said.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said the twin-engine, private jet was cleared for takeoff on a flight to Van Nuys, California, and began its takeoff roll a few minutes before midnight.

Air traffic controllers "saw sparks coming from the runway -- whether that was from the aircraft or its engines, we don't know," Bergen said Saturday.

"They overran the end of runway 11. They impacted the antenna array and a number of lights at the end of the runway. They went through the perimeter fence and across the roadway here," said NTSB spokeswoman Debbie Hersman, briefing reporters on Saturday. "There was a significant post-crash fire.
"

William Owens told WIS-TV he was driving down Highway 302 when he said he saw a fireball go across the road.

"I didn't know what I had seen -- it was maybe 800 feet in front of me, but as I approached it closer though, I made out a fire. By then I was able to see the tail of the jet and I recognized it as a jet," Owens said.

Owens told the station he tried to get to the wreckage.

"It's in flames and the fuel is running across the road and I had to cross the fuel to get to the two guys that seemed to have been dumped on the highway," Owens said.

Owens told WIS-TV the two men were running around and pulling off clothing to put out the flames. He said he asked them if anyone else was on board the plane and they said four people were with them.

"We turned to the jet to try and see if there was anything we could do, but immediately, there was nothing anyone could do," Owens said.

The airport was closed Saturday morning, and Hersman said the NTSB was working as quickly as possible to document the evidence on the runway and other airport property, so the airport could re-open.

advertisement

She said investigators would look at every aspect of the crash, from the pilots' schedules to the aircraft's condition. She said it was a fairly new airplane, which was manufactured in 2006 and certified to operate in 2007.

In addition to playing with Blink-182, Barker appeared in the MTV reality show "Meet the Barkers," along with his wife at the time, former Miss USA Shanna Moakler, according to MTV's Web site.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

MarkV

[*] posted on 9-22-2008 at 03:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I dont see a way that a plane crash effects the public unless it causes things to close down.

Crime I can see effecting people that were not invloved. I think my point is getting lost. My main complaint is that I dont think that peoples names should be on the news. Like WHO it is that got killed or WHO was in the plane crash or WHO was robbed or WHOS house was broken into. That stuff seems personal to me.

It did close down that airport, and safety issues with planes effects pretty much everyone.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top