Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: NFG + DMS
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-19-2004 at 08:58 AM
NFG + DMS

so i'm sittin around watching the mtv cribs marathon yesterday, and they keep running promos an episode which includes chad gilbert from new found glory. interestingly, he's wearing a DMS shirt in the clip. ummmm... is it just me, or does that seem like kind of a stretch?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 9-19-2004 at 12:03 PM

Isn't someone in Good Charlotte in with that too?
Wasn't Chad the one doing the whole Shai Hulud thing too so maybe they let everyone in now?

PS: Vietnom is awesome.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 9-19-2004 at 08:18 PM

I saw that shit too. that rich bitch is the one who is buying all the limited addition oldschool hardcore records on ebay too. I was wondering who in the fuck could afford to buy the gorilla buscuits original for 300 bucks.

I saw the episode and thought wow DMS has gone Wallmart.
cool as aids

[*] posted on 9-20-2004 at 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
I saw that shit too. that rich bitch is the one who is buying all the limited addition oldschool hardcore records on ebay too. I was wondering who in the fuck could afford to buy the gorilla buscuits original for 300 bucks.

I saw the episode and thought wow DMS has gone Wallmart.

also..he used to be boys with one of the old rev dudes so he has all the old rev shit all presses.....

just to let you know...

STRAY DOG RECORDS MOTHERFUCKERS :www.myspace.com/straydogrecords

UNDER ONE FLAG 7\" OUT SOON!!
SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 9-20-2004 at 02:27 AM

i don't understand why everyone cares so much about this

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-20-2004 at 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SAAAAARS

which part? the record collection or the dms connection? i couldn't care less about what vinyl he has to his name, but i do think the fact that this guy was wearing a dms shirt on cribs is really fucking hilarious.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 9-21-2004 at 01:28 AM

I just let the vinyl shit float out there because he was showing it off on mtv.

I was just suprised like everyone I'm sure that he was sporting a DMS shirt. Thats all. I kicked it before with a few of DMS peoples a few times and they don't remind me of the guy from new found glory. Thats all not. Not dissin anyone hear just suprised about SAID SHIRT!!!
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 9-21-2004 at 01:32 AM

I gave up on being suprised of fakes sporting crews on mtv or at shows. Ever since like last year the guys from Good Charlette or whatever they name is sported VIETNOM shirt all the time. I thougth it was a joke but apparently Toby Morse and many others hang with them just to get shows. Gotta get yours right?
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-21-2004 at 02:46 AM
"Let's get spiderweb tattoos on our elbows!" -or- "Fresh hot scene points for sale!"

to me, the whole thing is a little strange. while i know a number of people who have been a part of these crews over the years, i never was personally, so i don't mean any disrespect. this just my observation.

take the alleyway dragon for example. sure, it's a tight design, and thousands of people have it tattooed on themselves, and that's great... these days. But there was a time when you would get you ass handed to you if you got the dragon tattoo but weren't part of the crew. my mom got an alleyway dragon tattoo cause she loves soia, but i'd never get one. the way i look at it, it's a symbol for something that i respect, but am not directly a part of, so I don't feel I have any business getting one.

the same thing goes with dms, and even fsu. to be fair, a lot of it has to do with the amount of merchandise these people have made; I just don't remember seeing crew-specific gear at shows years ago. but go to a show in NYC these days, you can see a dozen people in dms shirts, dms headbands, fsu 'insert city name here' chapter shirts, the whole deal.

and again, I'm not knocking it; you gotta represent, I understand. I guess I'm just wondering... it seems that when an icon representing one thing rises in popularity, those responsible for the original meaning slowly loose control over that message as it reaches the general public. so how do you keep it pure? and how do you feel when it has reached the saturation point? is it meant to be a brand, or a crew? how do you keep from becoming the next cbgb t-shirt for sale in the urban outfitters?

aahhhh, call me old fashioned.

--
that may be the most I've ever written. can you tell I've been up for 40 hours?

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 9-21-2004 at 11:56 PM

This is the answer. To all who belong to this specific gang etc. STOP MAKING THE MERCHANDISE! It's now a joke. FSU ALLEYWAY KAC DMS ORPHANS. It's now watered down. I remeber shows when sick of it all came with Biohazard and Sheer terror. Biohazard seemed like they had to respect SOIA. Even though they were on the tour together. SOIA's roadies and band owned the show. In the pit dancing it was crazy. You worried about the gang not of a loser trying hurt people, but a gang who was out to protect all that was sacred at shows. There boys and the fans.
H2O and orange 9mm was another example. Small show in 96 but damn half the crew from NYC came to cleveland to represent. that was a real crew. PLus none of them wore a DMS shirt. Not one mother fucker. You just new they werre tight with there crew.
SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 9-22-2004 at 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Duane
Quote:
Originally posted by SAAAAARS

which part? the record collection or the dms connection? i couldn't care less about what vinyl he has to his name, but i do think the fact that this guy was wearing a dms shirt on cribs is really fucking hilarious.

i don't know, both. who's to say the dudes a fake? doesn't he have hardcore roots? the shirts a little iffy, but i don't know. i just see kids posting about this everywhere and i don't understand why it's worthy of so much talk.

moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-22-2004 at 09:16 AM

Duane... your MOTHER has a sick of it all tattoo? Does she wear combat boots too?

kidding, but I guess I find it interesting since my mother is so tame and wouldnt give my music the time of day.

GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 9-22-2004 at 11:02 AM

being grown is the only way to go.
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 9-25-2004 at 01:12 PM

if the dude is wearing a DMS shirt then there's a reason he's wearing the shirt. All those gangs don't let some random dude "buy" a crew shirt. If someone has on DMS or FSU or whatever then they're supposed to be wearing those letters.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 12:13 AM

Juice your probably right. This topic of buried already. Never heard but 1 song of this guys band and it sucks tremendously. So he is out of my vocabulary from now on.

Go To Top