Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS, Need to vent, ANOTHER Phila cop killed
godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

sad.gif posted on 9-24-2008 at 03:44 AM
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS, Need to vent, ANOTHER Phila cop killed

1. I love my job an hate to complain, but this is getting out of hand. I became a cop cause I needed a job, however I'm damn good at what I do and love it and the people I work with. I duno...we are just tired of this.

2. I have no one to talk to an need to vent, PLEASE read all of this an check links....

3. Sorry it's long, but this shitfuck was just paroled and was wanted on aggravated assault charges for a confrontation where he wounded at least 4 cops about a month ago please check links...

Fucking scumbag shoots him then stands over him and shoots him AT LEAST 10 more times with a .45 .......I'm sick of this city and this job my head hurts. Fuck.

PHILADELPHIA (CBS 3) ― The Philadelphia Police Department is mourning the loss of another comrade gunned down on the streets of the city Tuesday afternoon. A second officer was wounded in the shooting.

30-year-old highway patrolman Officer Patrick McDonald, an eight year veteran of the force, was killed and fellow patrolman Officer Richard Bowes, 35, was wounded during a shooting in North Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon.

Authorities say the details surrounding the circumstances of the shooting are preliminary, but said it happened at about 1:21 p.m. after Officer McDonald responded to a report of a man with a gun and called for backup.

Several highway patrol officers responded, including Officer Bowes who saw the suspect running in the 2200 block of Colorado Street. Officer Bowes chased the suspect and was engaged in gunfire in near Dauphin Street where he was shot and wounded.

The unidentified suspect continued to run to the 2300 block of N. 17th Street where he fell and died from his wounds.

Officers responding to the initial backup call found Officer McDonald wounded and rushed him to Temple University Hospital in a police cruiser. He died at 2:08 p.m.

According the sources, Officer McDonald may have been shot as many as 14 times by the suspect.

"It is a sad day for us all," said Captain Richard Ross.

Officer Bowes, a 12 year veteran of the force who is married with three children, was also transported to Temple University Hospital and was treated for a gunshot wound to the leg. He is listed in stable condition, but is expected to recover.

Captain Ross said an automatic weapon was recovered from the scene and the shooting remains under investigation.

A female was also taken in for questioning, but her involvement is unclear.

"At this time our information remains very sketchy," said Ross. "We're just lucky it wasn't two officers, but we are saddened today because once again we lost one of our own. It is too much and too many in a short span of time."

Please check fox29.com, or cbs3.com, they have coverage of this and the history of the fucking JUST PAROLED shitbag who did this. Here's a list of what's been happening lately here in the city of Brotherly Love...

September 23, 2008: Two Philadelphia Highway Patrol officers are shot in North Philadelphia. At least one suspect is shot and killed.

September 5, 2008: Officer Isabel Nazario was killed when her police cruiser was involved in a crash with an SUV that was being chased by police. The juvenille offender admitted to police he accelarated the vehicle into the officers' cruiser because he was afraid of going back to prison.

May 3, 2008: Officer Stephen Liczbinski is shot and killed while in pursuit of a suspect from a bank robbery in which the suspect used a modified SKS assault weapon.

October 31, 2007: Officer Chuck Cassidy shot and killed when he walked in on a robbery at a West Oak Lane Dunkin Donuts.

October 30, 2007: Officer Mariano Santiago shot in the shoulder in Center City.

October 28, 2007: Officer Sandra Van Hinkel wounded in the leg in a shootout in University City.

September 24, 2007: Rookie Officer Richard Decoatsworth shot in the face with a shotgun at a traffic stop in West Philadelphia.

May 8th, 2006: Officer Gary Skerski killed when a lone gunman robbed Pat's café in Northeast Philadelphia.

Retired Sarge Joe Alullo and P/o Bill Widmaier. They were murdered on October 4, 2007 in the course of delivering currency to a bank for a security company, hey 25 years as a cop an our retirement plan still doesn't give us enough for health insurance or enough to put our kids through school....

\"Leave the gun....take the canolis.\"
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-24-2008 at 06:07 AM

when i saw this on the news last night, i first thought the coverage was about Officer Nazario. then i realized it was ANOTHER officer killed. couldn't believe it. in typical thorp board fashion, my next immediate thought was of you.

channel six interviewed a witness that said after standing over the officer shooting him repeatedly, Giddings punched a boy passing by on his bike and tried to make his escape.

this is the first time two officers have been killed in separate incidents within a month of each other since the 1940s.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-24-2008 at 06:27 AM

It's completely out of control. My girl and I were talking about this last night.I get moe disgusted every time I hear about it on the news. This asshole should have NEVER been let out of jail in the first place. There's alot of stuff i could say here that would be viewed as questionable, but at times like this I'd be fine with pulling all the police out and putting up a 30 foot electric fence around these areas and just let the fuckers waste each other and bulldoze it when they're done.
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 9-24-2008 at 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
It's completely out of control. My girl and I were talking about this last night.I get moe disgusted every time I hear about it on the news. This asshole should have NEVER been let out of jail in the first place. There's alot of stuff i could say here that would be viewed as questionable, but at times like this I'd be fine with pulling all the police out and putting up a 30 foot electric fence around these areas and just let the fuckers waste each other and bulldoze it when they're done.

Yeah, that's questionable because these areas aren't comprised solely of scumbags and criminals. Believe it or not there are good people that live in bad areas.

And this is horrible. I can see more cops being a bit on edge and shooting more suspects/criminals in the process. Not that I don't blame them but they will just catch flack for it and make the situation even worse.

I really feel sorry for all the families of the cops that have been taken away in the line of duty.

DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-24-2008 at 11:50 AM

Fucking scumbags.
franklo

[*] posted on 9-24-2008 at 11:53 AM

I moved away from philly 10 years ago,and miss it.I miss real good food,hardcore kids taking care of one another,and best friends and family.I talk with my wife about moving back sometime,and then hear about more murders and crime.I dont recall it being this shitty in the 80s and early 90s.Wtf is going on?
And where is the working class gonna live?Suburbs-insanely expensive,west-north-insanely dangerous.Sorry for your loss homie...Keep your chin up.-Frank
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-24-2008 at 12:33 PM

Cop killers should be put in a large room with the officers of the mans precinct so they can teach him the error of his ways in whatever fashion they feel is deserved.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-24-2008 at 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by franklo
I moved away from philly 10 years ago,and miss it.I miss real good food,hardcore kids taking care of one another,and best friends and family.I talk with my wife about moving back sometime,and then hear about more murders and crime.I dont recall it being this shitty in the 80s and early 90s.Wtf is going on?
And where is the working class gonna live?Suburbs-insanely expensive,west-north-insanely dangerous.Sorry for your loss homie...Keep your chin up.-Frank

it was this bad in the mid 90s for sure
then it got not so bad for a little while
then it got shitty again

you come at the king....you best not miss
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-24-2008 at 01:38 PM

Glad I moved, I lived in one of those bad areas. Within a month before we moved we had a situation where there was like tons of squad cars surrounding our block chasing someone one afternoon when I got home from work.

That said, Portland seems to have some issues with cops shooting innocent people for no reason and in the process not even actually working according to procedure. There's a thing with one dude that killed a dude who fell asleep in his car outside the officer's sister's house after she called him telling him about the "suspicious" car. His sister's house wasn't in his patrol area, and he didn't let anyone in that area know until he was creeping up on dude's car with his gun drawn. He woke the dude up, startled him and dude backed up in his fear and got blasted. Crazy.

moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 08:25 PM

There's a guy who's coming through my program who's getting paroled for the second time. He's got a life sentence for murder. He was out on parole the first time for 8 years and then got pulled over. The cops found cocaine on him so shipped him back. He's been in for 11 more years and has been approved for parole. I haven't met him, but my coworker says it's like sitting talking with Hannibal Lecter. My coworker used to work with the mentally ill and usually likes working with our crazy clients, but this one creeps her out. I have no idea how he's getting re-paroled, but I guess the parole board has some reason to believe he'll be safe in society.

Sorry to hear about your fellow officer. You've got a tough job.

Go To Top