8:22pm.

It's finally gona be our year.

Go Phils!

\"Leave the gun....take the canolis.\"
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 02:49 PM

I got to admit this year I really don't care who makes it I just hope its a great series and I think it will because of the talent that playing this year.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
I still don't get the Manny situation. That dude acted like a grade a clown for the past 5 years, pulling the same shit year after year, dissing mgt, etc. Now, this year, because the owners finally moved him, "Red Sox Nation" hates him? Everyone made excuses for him and his behaviour year after year as he slammed homer after homer.

Manny was always a goof, and he always produced. Of course people can excuse some crap when they're the best hitter on the team. Whether that's right or not is up for debate. I think seeing that now he can catch up to those fastballs that blew by him for the last two months before he was traded, his knee isn't bothering him anymore (which one was it again? Manny doesnt know either) and he's actually hustling now and running out ground balls just leaves a bad taste in the mouths of Sox fans. That's just a terrible way to leave town. I personally don't feel that takes anything away from what he did for the Sox before this year though. He was huge for them, but I'm not gonna root for him now.
MarkV

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by moron
Quote:
I still don't get the Manny situation. That dude acted like a grade a clown for the past 5 years, pulling the same shit year after year, dissing mgt, etc. Now, this year, because the owners finally moved him, "Red Sox Nation" hates him? Everyone made excuses for him and his behaviour year after year as he slammed homer after homer.

Manny was always a goof, and he always produced. Of course people can excuse some crap when they're the best hitter on the team. Whether that's right or not is up for debate. I think seeing that now he can catch up to those fastballs that blew by him for the last two months before he was traded, his knee isn't bothering him anymore (which one was it again? Manny doesnt know either) and he's actually hustling now and running out ground balls just leaves a bad taste in the mouths of Sox fans. That's just a terrible way to leave town. I personally don't feel that takes anything away from what he did for the Sox before this year though. He was huge for them, but I'm not gonna root for him now.

No, I'm talking about the venom that was coming from Boston the MINUTE he was traded.
The Sox and "red sox nation" created the monster. You all encouraged his bullshit.
I just can't wait for the outside chance Boston beats Tampa and Manny and Nomar put balls out of the park in the same game in that dump of a ballpark.

As for the Phillies vs Dodgers, as a lifelong Yankees' fan, I can tell you the X-factor here is Manny, and he lives to ruin peoples' Octobers.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 03:18 PM

I understand what you're saying. I had friends who were saying "good riddance", but I had mixed feelings. He did so much for the team so I can't hate him, but even the sox players said it was a much better locker room without him.

And dealing Nomar wasn't a bad decison. Didn't he get hurt not long after the trade and then start stinking it up after that? Doesn't mean I hate him. He was a great player for the red sox, but hell... looking back it wasn't such a bad move.
MarkV

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 03:25 PM

The Sox players had been complaining about him for 5 years!!!

And Nomar was the face of that team when they sucked cowballs. He had an off season with some injuries and not only did they deal, they spun it in the media how he'd become a "clubhouse poison."
DeathByForce

Mood: H2O

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 04:30 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with cleaning house. Nomar was asking for a trade. It was rumoured all year but no one thought it was going to happen and then it did.

Being a diamond in a pile of shit means nothing. One person can only take a team so far. Look at Jason Bay in Pittsburgh.

\"rap isn\'t music\" - mozart
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 05:21 PM

You know... I think I've changed my mind on the Dodgers after all. If they play the Sox in the World Series and win, Manny and Nomar can have their revenge and Joe Torre can hold a championship under Steinbrenner's nose for giving him the shaft after last year and pretending he never existed this year. That's actually a pretty good story.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 05:58 PM

Phillies.
beers at 8:22
no work tomorrow.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 11:31 PM

Phils 3-2
godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

[*] posted on 10-10-2008 at 02:06 AM

OHHHHHHHHH stupid Manny, walking to first base thinking he slammed it out of the Bank.....yea...douche. Refer to Juan's post for the final score bitches.....

\"Leave the gun....take the canolis.\"
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-10-2008 at 07:03 AM

I was most pleased.
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 10-10-2008 at 04:44 PM

Let's go Phillies, do it again.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-10-2008 at 09:29 PM

Game 2: 8-5 Phils
that was a long assed, and killer 3rd inning!
MarkV

[*] posted on 10-10-2008 at 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByForce
Being a diamond in a pile of shit means nothing.

Really? So what are you feelings on Paul Pierce up until this year?
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-10-2008 at 10:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByForce
Being a diamond in a pile of shit means nothing.

Really? So what are you feelings on Paul Pierce up until this year?

Fuck Paul Peirce. He couldn't do shit until he got KG and Ray Allen around him.

MarkV

[*] posted on 10-10-2008 at 11:03 PM

"In the 2005-06 NBA season, Pierce had the highest points-per-shot average among the top 30 scorers in the league, indicating that he is an efficient and consistent player. On March 8, 2006, Pierce extended his franchise-record streak of 30-point games at 8. On March 7, he scored seven points in overtime to beat the Washington Wizards on a "buzzer beater" [5], and the next night the Celtics eked out a victory against Philadelphia on the strength of two late-game improbable shots by Pierce, one a three pointer, the other an off-balance "buzzer beater" for the win. He scored at least 30 points for the 13th time in 14 games (between February 4 and March 12), the best such stretch in Celtics history. He has six career triple-doubles, the most recent on March 8, 2006."

That, and the 2002 EC finals and 6 time all star. Yeah, nothing.
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-11-2008 at 01:17 PM

Why even refer to 2005-06? The Celtics finished third in an average division behind the Nets and Sixers.

And I don't care what numbers he's put up. Look at McGrady, dude puts up stellar numbers but he never won shit....and neither did Pierce until he got two all starts in KG and Ray Allen.

But this thread is for baseball not basketball and the Phillies are up 2-0.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top