Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Lemmy investigated by German police...
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 05:18 PM
Lemmy investigated by German police...

An investigation has reportedly been launched into whether MOTÖRHEAD frontman Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister committed a crime under German law by wearing what appears to be a Nazi cap in a recently published photo. The picture in question, which can be seen below, appeared in a German newspaper prior to the band's July 5, 2008 "Wacken Rocks Seaside" concert in Aurich, Germany with MACHINE HEAD and SAXON.

All "anti-constitutional propaganda" — and specifically any attempt to propagate Nazism — is illegal under article 86 of the German Penal Code. Article 86a also prohibits all "anti-constitutional" symbols, including all Nazi insignia, flags, slogans and salutes.

Speaking to the New York Waste web site, Lemmy stated about his Nazi collection, "I don't only collect Nazi stuff, I collect objects from all the 'axis countries.' Also from countries who aren't even mentioned anymore as former part of the axis. Like Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Finland, Hungary. OK, in the end, they all said, 'We're no Nazis' when they saw that the Germans were losing it. But five years before that, they went, 'Yeah!'"

When asked where he gets the objects he collects, Lemmy replied, "The USA is a great place for collecting that shit, 'cause the GIs took everything back to America. They took fucking warehouses full of uniforms, Mercedes staff cars. One guy shipped a Focke Wulf 190 fighter home in pieces and rebuilt it in America. Now he owns the only fucking FW 190 in the world. I used to buy a couple of things in Germany, but now you can't take anymore knifes or things back home in a plane. And it's become more relaxed to buy stuff like that [in Germany]. There's five or six stores in Hamburg especially. They're advertising it. What's the point, anyway? It's not a nationalistic kind of thing, I mean, what the fuck you're gonna do? Pretend it never happened? There's airplane model kits of Messerschmidt 109 fighters. Shouldn't you touch them?"

On the subject of whether people should wear uniforms, Lemmy stated, "I'll tell you something about history. From the beginning of time, the bad guys always had the best uniforms. Napoleon, the Confederates, the Nazis. They all had killer uniforms. I mean, the SS uniform is fucking brilliant! They were the rock stars of that time. What you're gonna do? They just look good. Don't tell me, I'm a Nazi 'cause I have uniforms. In 1967 I had my first black girlfriend and a lot of more ever since then. I just don't understand racism, I never thought it was an option."

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 05:44 PM

that law is wild.
i can't image he'd get in trouble for a photo being printed of him wearing that stuff, though.
photo could have been taken anywhere - it's the publishers problem for printing and distributing it.
if he wore that stuff while there, he could be in trouble, though...

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 05:57 PM

theres a reason they started 2 wars and lost both....
xChino_Martinezx

Mood: not waving, drowning

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 06:31 PM

I've always wanted one of those nazi daggers with a little chain... those are a beatiful piece for collection:

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 07:05 PM

my and thorp's grandfather brought back a bunch of stuff after the war.
somewhere around here i've got a german officer's sword, HJ knife and some old 100DM notes.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 07:20 PM

I have nazi money somewhere that my uncle brought back from WWII
Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 07:33 PM

So much hotter in a cowboy hat.

sippers

Mood: face value-the price of maturity

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 08:39 PM

i say we raid germany and take all our vinyl back,and ban them from ebay...:bigsmile:

MarkV

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
my and thorp's grandfather brought back a bunch of stuff after the war.
somewhere around here i've got a german officer's sword, HJ knife and some old 100DM notes.

I think we've got 2 officer's swords and a dagger somewhere at my folks. I had a small swasi flag, but I think my grandmother tossed it.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 10-9-2008 at 11:00 PM

Its crazy how much many people will ignore or not believe that HITLERS regime ever happened.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.

Go To Top