Author: Subject: Frankie Venom RIP
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 10-15-2008 at 10:50 PM
Frankie Venom RIP

eenage Head’s Frankie Venom, 52, dies of cancer

BY GRAHAM ROCKINGHAM, THE HAMILTON SPECTATOR
Frank Kerr, lead singer of the iconic Hamilton punk band Teenage Head, died today of cancer.
Kerr, better known to fans of the band as Frankie Venom, was 52.
Sonic Unyon,Teenage Head’s Hamilton-based record label, issued a brief statement this afternoon annoucing Kerr’s death on behalf of the band’s guitarist Gord Lewis.
“It is with great sadness that Gord Lewis of Teenage Head announces the tragic passing earlier today of Canadian icon Frank Kerr, a.k.a. Frankie Venom, of natural causes.”
Earlier today, it had been announced that Teenage Head would be the recipients of a special lifetime achievement award at next month’s Hamilton Music Awards at Hamilton Place.
Teenage Head started in 1975 at Hamilton’s Westdale high school and then rose to be one of the most popular punk bands in Canada.
Last year, two of the band’s records — Teenage Head and Frantic City — were included in a list of 100 of the top Canadian albums of all time by a panel of more than 500 experts.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
moforn

[*] posted on 10-15-2008 at 11:20 PM

Damn, their first record is one of my all time favorites. Never really got the credit they deserved.

Go To Top