Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Obama rally in Richmond today
jsinn

Mood: B4B

[*] posted on 10-22-2008 at 09:44 PM
Obama rally in Richmond today

We had to leave at 5 am to get Richmond for Barack Obama's "Change We Need" rally at the Richmond Coliseum. It was chaos from the get go, from the news coverage standpoint, as we had two crews and had to do a switcharoo at the last minute to get it off, but all in all, an easy day, the needed video and interviews were gotten, and we made air with everything in place.

I thought I was going to meet him. They wanted me to be a second camera for our anchor's one-on-one interview with Barack, getting the wide two-shot of the interview, with a couple pans back and forth, that sort of thing. Because we didn't get the request in in time, I wasn't allowed in. Sort of bummed but I did get to see him speak. However, said anchor and photographer who got in did snap a shot each with the Democratic candidate. That would have made for a nice myspace picture, no doubt...

So as this election comes hurling towards its end, as a news photographer who has been covering the circus from the beginning, I've had a chance now to see all four involved in the race. Biden first, then McCain and Palin, and now Obama. I think between this, the debates I watched, and the different things I've read and seen on the liberal and fascist television news networks, I'm ready to make the educated choice come election day

This has been a busy time for us in local television news, especially since we are in Virginia, a crucial state in the election, and being in the largest military outpost in the world, we've seen our fair share of "stumping" in our backyard.

My opinion on the outcome...Barack gets the popular vote...McCain steals the election...cue Civil War in America...
I hope I'm wrong...I hope it's a fair election. I hope the candidates with the most votes win, whomever that might be...

That said...My vote? Well, that's between me, the booth, and my bookie...
we'll see how this plays out and if fair play comes into play...

speaking of play, back to the Phillies...
2-0 in Tampa Bay.
South Street Pride.
JSinn, former Keystone State expatriate...

mahalo from the edge of winter...
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-23-2008 at 10:02 AM

great post, thanks.

i'm a nervous wreck about 11/4. like a kid waiting for christmas. or, depending on how it goes, a kid waiting to be punished by his parents. mostly, i'm concerned about the role race will play once people are in their private voting booths where no one can see what they're doing.

from what i've read, most deep-pocketed republicans - the kind that'll throw down $20M for a candidate - are done with this election. they don't think mccain will win or they don't trust him enough to support their interests to buy in at a level that matters this late in the game. that means no massive surge of ads or money for lawyers to contest voter eligibility or chads all the way to the supreme court.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-23-2008 at 10:40 AM

while I hope what you said is correct Big D... that they have thrown in the towel,
every hard stance neo-con I have ever known has the same 2 characteristics...
they won’t ever quit, losing is not an option
and they never say they are sorry

they already have lawsuits filed and the election hasn't happened yet...
what happens after is going to be a mess of epic proportions
and I'm afraid some innocent people are going to get hurt
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-23-2008 at 11:14 AM

i can't find the article.
i think it was on time.com yesterday or the day before.
but it was talking about the big givers - people who can throw down millions for the sport of it.
they aren't making the MAJOR last minute contributions like they did for bush.
the reasons stated were clear - too far down, can't trust him.
not to say the party is broke, but still interesting.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 10-23-2008 at 12:42 PM

Obama from a mass media standpoint is going to be the President. Can you imagine if that did not happen?

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-23-2008 at 01:12 PM

I need to get my ballot filled out... in Oregon we get mail-in ballots, mine came yesterday.

One thing, I think the economy will start improving no matter who gets in the Oval Office, primarily because I think alot of people are sitting on their hands until there's a confirmed new Pres. No one wants to take risks with a lame duck in office.

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 10-23-2008 at 01:24 PM

I think this will not be a improvement. At least not quickly. I think you'll see change in about 2 years or so. Definitely around the time re-election rolls around.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.

Go To Top