Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: tonight
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-27-2008 at 07:52 PM
tonight

may be the night for Philly fuckers.
bout to make my way up to the pub.GodAbandondedMe, be careful rounding up the drunks.
I really hope this shit happens.
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

Mood: pissed off

[*] posted on 10-27-2008 at 07:59 PM

i want philly to win just so i can have fox back and start watching bones again. no other reason.

DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-27-2008 at 08:36 PM

Good luck.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-27-2008 at 11:41 PM

what a mess
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-28-2008 at 10:02 AM

stupid rain. it better not cause me to miss house tonight.

Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 10-28-2008 at 03:14 PM

I don't know how people watch that show.

And it looks like this game won't even resume until Wed.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-28-2008 at 03:30 PM

Hugh Laurie was a tremendous curmudgeon in sense and sensibility.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-28-2008 at 04:15 PM

it's easy to watch it. i just turn the tv on to fox and my eyes and brain do the rest. rather easy.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-28-2008 at 04:55 PM

don't these delays affect the game play?
can someone explain that shit to me?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-28-2008 at 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
don't these delays affect the game play?
can someone explain that shit to me?

normally after 5 innings, whoever is in the lead wins after the game is called. can't do that due to the tie. no idea how they're gonna do this one. you're right, the game play will be all fucked up. very stupid.

godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

[*] posted on 10-28-2008 at 05:46 PM

After 4 1/2 if the game is called it goes to the winner. However that simply cannont happen in the world series (i.e. they change the rules for this one). They NEVER should have even started the game last night but we're beyond that. Either way, we HAVE to finish this game in Phila. If we win we win it's done. If we lose (tonight has already been canclled) Wed. night then Friday we play game 6 in Florida and again if we lose game 7 in Florida.

\"Leave the gun....take the canolis.\"
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-28-2008 at 05:50 PM

While it is indeed easy to put on a channel, I don't know how anyone can sit there and watch 30 minutes of House. It's the same plot every show; person comes in the with the most off the wall, obscure illness, they almost die and at the last minute someone founds out what the problem is. And of course, they have to show the complexities of Mr. House's zany personality. ZZZZZZZZ

And, that's now how they do it in the world series. Whether or not the game was tied, it would be suspended. A world series game must be completed. And because the weather is horrible today, the game will resume in the bottom of the 6th Wed.

It is bullshit. The game should have never started yesterday. They knew the weather was likely to be bad, now the Phillies wasted their ace's start. Selig fucked up with that and the fact that they waited for the Rays to tie it up. They should've called it after the 5th inning. The conditions were comprised even before the 5th shit.

joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-28-2008 at 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Siczine.com
While it is indeed easy to put on a channel, I don't know how anyone can sit there and watch 30 minutes of House. It's the same plot every show; person comes in the with the most off the wall, obscure illness, they almost die and at the last minute someone founds out what the problem is. And of course, they have to show the complexities of Mr. House's zany personality. ZZZZZZZZ

And, that's now how they do it in the world series. Whether or not the game was tied, it would be suspended. A world series game must be completed. And because the weather is horrible today, the game will resume in the bottom of the 6th Wed.

It is bullshit. The game should have never started yesterday. They knew the weather was likely to be bad, now the Phillies wasted their ace's start. Selig fucked up with that and the fact that they waited for the Rays to tie it up. They should've called it after the 5th inning. The conditions were comprised even before the 5th shit.

i was just being an asshole with the channel thing. and house is an hour long. and it's dr. house not mr. house.

godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

[*] posted on 10-28-2008 at 06:34 PM

I agree 100% with siczine, to make it fair they should have suspended the game at the end of the 5th. This is a fucking joke and is just Phila doing what we always do, go all the way and fucking take a huge dump. Either way it sucks for me, they took my day off yesterday an had to work, if they lose then of course I'm bummed, if they win I can't celebrate cause I'll be out there sticking stupid drunken white kids who take this as an excuse to break shit, idoits.

\"Leave the gun....take the canolis.\"
MarkV

[*] posted on 10-28-2008 at 07:18 PM

They said on the broadcast last night had the game not been tied, and called, it would have in fact been a complete game, and that rule did not change for the WS.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 10-28-2008 at 07:26 PM

Ryan Howard is sooo gooood.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-28-2008 at 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
They said on the broadcast last night had the game not been tied, and called, it would have in fact been a complete game, and that rule did not change for the WS.

The rule in the book didn't change, Bud Selig changed it himself. He said that he wouldn't have called the game even if it was still 2-1 But like I said, why didn't they suspend it before the 6th started. In the rulebook it also states that if an inning is not finished it gets wiped out, that obviously did not happen either.

thedog
Posting Freak

Mood: Deals Gone Bad

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 12:52 AM

they said on the radio that Selig told both managers before the game that if they had to stop the game they would definitely continue it, and that he wouldnt just end a world series game early. Not really the rules, but i can see why he said this for the world series.

and as bad as i want to see the phillies win, i wouldnt have really wanted them to win the game like that. then every non phillies fan would say our championship was cheap.

at least we got 6 innings out of Hamels, if they would have stopped the game before the 4th then they would have to replay the whole game with no hamels.

and now if for some reason it makes it to game 7, Hamels should be able to start again.

Quote:
In the rulebook it also states that if an inning is not finished it gets wiped out, that obviously did not happen either.

I think they mean if a game goes long enough to be a complete game ,then it gets called they would go back to the last full inning and that would be the score.
this rule doesnt matter for yesterdays game cause they are continuing it anyway.

\"thank you very little\"
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thedog
they said on the radio that Selig told both managers before the game that if they had to stop the game they would definitely continue it, and that he wouldnt just end a world series game early. Not really the rules, but i can see why he said this for the world series.

and as bad as i want to see the phillies win, i wouldnt have really wanted them to win the game like that. then every non phillies fan would say our championship was cheap.

at least we got 6 innings out of Hamels, if they would have stopped the game before the 4th then they would have to replay the whole game with no hamels.

and now if for some reason it makes it to game 7, Hamels should be able to start again.

Quote:
In the rulebook it also states that if an inning is not finished it gets wiped out, that obviously did not happen either.

I think they mean if a game goes long enough to be a complete game ,then it gets called they would go back to the last full inning and that would be the score.
this rule doesnt matter for yesterdays game cause they are continuing it anyway.

I'm just pointing out that it was another rule suddenly changed.

And from what I've read, saw on TV the players certainly didn't know the rule changes, leading me to believe the managers didn't know. And the TV networks, especially Fox had no idea what was going to happen with the game.

Point is, Selig and the MLB fucked up real bad last night.

joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 10:27 AM

i just hope philly wins tonight. since the red sox aren't in the world series, i just don't care about it. no offense to the teams in it, they deserve to be in it. i just have no vested interest but to make fun of the announcers. i hate joe buck.

MarkV

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 03:23 PM

The rule wasn't changed. You can't just "change the rules." Selig said he wouldn't allow a WS game to be decided like that, so even if he had to, he would declare a rain delay of as many hours as it took. He then found the continuation thing and sort of twisted that into what he was trying to do. The rules haven't changed.

I also didn't read anything about going back to the beginning of the inning?

For the record, he'd decided as early as Saturday he wasn't going to let a shortened game decide the series. He told the managers before the game. Neither manager told their squad. Fox TV was also unaware of this until yesterday.

Also another fun fact: House got better rating than games 1-4. The highest peak in the Series ratings was the last half an hour of game 5, when people were obviously tuning in to see if the Phillies would win the series in a shortened game.
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 06:21 PM

"According to the rule, enacted for the 2007 season, any official game halted with the score tied "shall become a suspended game that must be completed at a future date.""

Which is why they waited until the Rays scored in the top of the 6th, which is bullshit considering they got to bat in those conditions and the Phillies didn't. Because anyone with any intelligence knows that game should have been suspended.

And after doing more research, you're right the rule technically didn't change. But the situations was handled extremely poorly.

DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 08:50 PM

You might have just won the series with that run. Brad Lidge time.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 08:55 PM

On the edge of my couch right now......
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 09:05 PM

i can't believe tampa bay beat us. they were good against the sox but suuuuuuuuck so bad against phillly

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top