Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: tonight
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 09:05 PM

unrelated, but i love the cat

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 09:18 PM

Ok, lets get Eric Bruntlett (former Astro) home.
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 09:20 PM

There you go.
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 09:36 PM

Brad Lidge time!!
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 09:58 PM

Congrats Philly. Try not to burn the city to the ground.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 10:04 PM

I'm nearly in tears over here....finally
80/08
45/54
crazy
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 10:07 PM

See yous at the parade!
MarkV

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Siczine.com
"According to the rule, enacted for the 2007 season, any official game halted with the score tied "shall become a suspended game that must be completed at a future date.""

Which is why they waited until the Rays scored in the top of the 6th, which is bullshit considering they got to bat in those conditions and the Phillies didn't. Because anyone with any intelligence knows that game should have been suspended.

So, Selig predicted TB would tie in that half an inning?
He had told the managers pre game that the game would go nine innings, no matter what, even if he had to inact at 24 hour rain delay. He wasn't going to have a 6 inning game decide it. Based on that, what you're saying doesn't really make any sense.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 10:32 PM

Who cares
We won
They lost
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 11:33 PM

congrats, philly fans!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 10-30-2008 at 02:48 AM

my buddy from Philly called me right after they won to tell me how crazy it was in his neighborhood. I could hear people yelling and gun shots over the phone. Wild stuff. The last time the Phillies won was the day before I was born. There is a pic at my mom's house of a 3 or 4 month old Juicy Joel in a Phillies uniform.

MarkV

[*] posted on 10-30-2008 at 04:56 AM

Congrats.
You've got maybe 4 months of glory.
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

Mood: pissed off

[*] posted on 10-30-2008 at 09:25 AM

from what i watched, tampa bay sucked and i can't believe we (red sox) lost to them.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-30-2008 at 11:13 AM

Damn fine show Phils. Damn fine show.

I'll be watching the news to see if my old neighborhood was burned down... or if, mercifully, South Street was ! Haha. I hate that place.

Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 10-30-2008 at 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by joemaconmovies
from what i watched, tampa bay sucked and i can't believe we (red sox) lost to them.

Or maybe the Phillies were just that good. No one thought they stood a chance against the Dodgers, no one thought they stood a chance against the Rays. Phillies 7-0 at home. Phillies 11-3 in the post season.

FUCKING CHAMPIONS BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

Mood: pissed off

[*] posted on 10-30-2008 at 01:17 PM

i'm the only one who wounds bitter that tampa bay made it and then played like they did.

Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-30-2008 at 01:26 PM

PHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIES!

FUCK THE RED SOX! AND FUCK THE RAYS!

Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-30-2008 at 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
Quote:
"According to the rule, enacted for the 2007 season, any official game halted with the score tied "shall become a suspended game that must be completed at a future date.""

Which is why they waited until the Rays scored in the top of the 6th, which is bullshit considering they got to bat in those conditions and the Phillies didn't. Because anyone with any intelligence knows that game should have been suspended.

He had told the managers pre game that the game would go nine innings, no matter what, even if he had to inact at 24 hour rain delay. He wasn't going to have a 6 inning game decide it. Based on that, what you're saying doesn't really make any sense.

How does that not make any sense. IF the score was 2-1, like it should have been, that rule wouldn't work in that situation. And why you even bothered saying that after the Phils won, doesn't make any sense.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PHILLIES!

You non sports fans here may not get it but this shit is fucking euphoria.

MarkV

[*] posted on 10-30-2008 at 04:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How does that not make any sense. IF the score was 2-1, like it should have been, that rule wouldn't work in that situation. And why you even bothered saying that after the Phils won, doesn't make any sense.

Actually, the game was one when I posted this.
And, Selig said the game was going 9 innings, no matter what. So, even if it wasn't tied, he would have restarted it. Following me?
MarkV

[*] posted on 10-30-2008 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by joemaconmovies

Or maybe the Phillies were just that good. No one thought they stood a chance against the Dodgers, no one thought they stood a chance against the Rays. Phillies 7-0 at home. Phillies 11-3 in the post season.

FUCKING CHAMPIONS BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how you're painting this as some sort of underdog story.

Also, I'm waiting for someone to send me actual numbers, but apparently the lowest rated WS ever. What happened to your prediction that Phillies' fans would carry the ratings and have more viewers than the Sox???
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-30-2008 at 04:55 PM

How isn't an underdog story? All the media outlets picked the Dodgers to beat them, same with the Rays/Sox. And even the small amount of people on here that follow baseball at all predicted first the Dodgers, then the Rays to win too.

And by the way, I meant that the Phillies will carry the slack from the Rays fans. And I do believe last nights game had one of, if not the highest ratings for the WS. And the rain delayed game for Game 3 really fucked up ratings and the games starting at 8:35 ruined shit. So you and your #'s can fuck off.

MarkV

[*] posted on 10-30-2008 at 05:03 PM

Last night had the highest ratings of the series. Not of history. And, you said the Phillies would have higher ratings than the Sox. You were wrong. So, I'll take my actual numbers, and my accurate prediction, and go fuck off, Kreskin.

It's not an underdog story because they've been a consistently good team for the past couple of years. Weren't they in the NLCS last year?? They're in one of the better divisions in baseball. Yeah, I picked the Dodgers to beat them, as I picked the AL team to beat either them or the Dodgers. Being in the pennant race all year and having a solid team, and being picked to not win the NLCS doe not make an underdog story. Tampa is an underdog story. The Dodgers' finish was an underdog story.
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-30-2008 at 05:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, the game was one when I posted this.
And, Selig said the game was going 9 innings, no matter what. So, even if it wasn't tied, he would have restarted it. Following me?

The commish mishandled the situation. End of fucking story. If you think the game should have been played in the top of the 6th you're a fucking moron.

Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-30-2008 at 05:09 PM

Quote:
Last night had the highest ratings of the series. Not of history. And, you said the Phillies would have higher ratings than the Sox. You were wrong. So, I'll take my actual numbers, and my accurate prediction, and go fuck off, Kreskin.

It's not an underdog story because they've been a consistently good team for the past couple of years. Weren't they in the NLCS last year?? They're in one of the better divisions in baseball. Yeah, I picked the Dodgers to beat them, as I picked the AL team to beat either them or the Dodgers. Being in the pennant race all year and having a solid team, and being picked to not win the NLCS doe not make an underdog story. Tampa is an underdog story. The Dodgers' finish was an underdog story.

What the fuck are you talking about?!? The Phillies got swept in the NLDS by the Rockies in four. And last year was the first time they made the playoffs in 14 seasons.

MarkV

[*] posted on 10-30-2008 at 05:30 PM

Do you read all of what you comment about?

First off, I don't think there's anyone who doesn't think Selig mishandled game 5. Second, he was going to continue the game no matter what the score was. He said it was going to go a full 9 innings, so the score when he postponed it or suspended it is totally irrelevant. I don't think the game should have even started.

Third, I said "couple of seasons." Couple implies 2 most of the time. They made it to them NLCS last year, right? Whether they were swept or not is irrelevant. They were obviously a good team if they made it that far. Fourth, they were in contention with the Mets for the top spot in that division for most of the season. Thus, I don't consider it an "underdog," story. The Rays were the worst team in baseball last year. This was the first year they even made the post season in franchise history. That's an underdog story. The Dodgers weren't even in the playoff race in August and made it to the NLCS. That's an underdog story.
 Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top