Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: godabandomedme... talk to me about the survivor's fund
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-28-2008 at 05:43 PM
godabandomedme... talk to me about the survivor's fund

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20081028_Fundrai...

read this in the paper today.
none of the places participating in this event are near me.
any idea how to give directly?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

[*] posted on 10-28-2008 at 06:19 PM

Any and all donations to the Surrvivors Fund info can be found at http://WWW.FOP5.ORG. I almost wish I hadn't seen this post although BD seriously I thank you for putting it up I have to read bullshit posts on that page like this:

(Posted by shaheed360 09:32 AM, 10/28/2008
As if these officers don't have life insurance policies to cover this type of thing. What kind of police officer doesn't have life insurance to cover his own funeral and take care of his family given the high-risk nature of the job? How irresponsible is that? Taxpayers already pay their salaries and benefits. Why should citizens donate money on top of that as well? And if we pick up the tab for the funerals of officers, why not sanitation workers, too? Sanitation workers are just as important, if not, more important than cops.)

Anyway, the survivors fund is set up by the Fraternal Order Of Police as a fund for family and children of Officers killed on duty. Bascially, it helps pay for the funerals, and also pays for the schooling of children who have lost a father/mother officer in the line of duty. It also pays for alot more as in the case of Mindy Marowitz*(sorry not in front of me don't know the spelling) when they bought a handicapped accesible van for her husband who was shot and paralyzed in the line of duty. Unfortunatlly things cost money, the city has to pay for certain things and so do we and funerals aren't cheap let alone free an same with schooling etc. Again unfortunatlly with 5 officers killed within the last year an a half or so the fund is really really low cause no one expected this shit. In a nutshell it's a fund for family's of officers killed in the line of duty and any needs they might have that they cannot afford. And in response to that above post, if I (we whatever) are killed in the line of duty our benificary gets 25thousand witch the state matches, so imagine if you lost your mother or father and got a whopping 50g's for their life. Let alone how far 50g's will really get you in this world anymore.

\"Leave the gun....take the canolis.\"
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-28-2008 at 09:52 PM

man, i can't find any info on that site about where to give.
i kinda expected a big ol' 'contribute' link somewhere on the site.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 05:52 AM

every asshole that has ACAB tattooed on them are only the idiots that got pinched for drinking in public...

i'm not exactly "legal" in ways that doesn't concern any of you.

but,a man/woman does a job for a reason.

many of my friends are "on the job".

and,many of my friends are "outside" the law.

DON'T GET CAUGHT.

and,if you do - WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?

there are assholes/jerk-offs in every aspect of the workforce in America,,,

subscribe to the role you've chose with DIGNITY,and stop whining...

cops aint no different than us,but have a bigger target on them than we would ever hope/want on our heads.

they just want to go home,at the end of the day,like us...

rev.pb

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

[*] posted on 10-29-2008 at 02:05 PM

Your right BD there isn't any type of contribute link that I saw either. I think they still do it old school an have everyone mail stuff to them. If there is another way I would look under the contacts list an just give them a call, sorry.

\"Leave the gun....take the canolis.\"

Go To Top