Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: today the world is looking on you, america
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 11-4-2008 at 01:34 PM

Im gonna vote after work.

I wonder what would happen if someone went to vote dressed like Hitler? That would be interesting to see on film.

side note: Didnt Carnivore have a song called "World War II & III"

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
MikeCore

[*] posted on 11-4-2008 at 02:11 PM

Ok, back to the 21st century information and w/o out having to even get out of my chair:

Code:
The Cold War was the state of conflict, tension and competition that existed between the United States (US) and the Soviet Union (USSR) [b]and their respective allies[/b] from the mid-1940s to the early 1990s. Throughout this period, rivalry between the two superpowers was expressed through military coalitions, propaganda, espionage, weapons development, industrial advances, and competitive technological development, e.g., the space race. Both superpowers engaged in costly defence spending, a massive conventional and nuclear arms race, and [b]numerous proxy wars.[/b]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_War

Call it what you like but in the immortal words of Six Feet Under, "WAR IS COMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!"
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 11-4-2008 at 02:11 PM

Both candidates have lied but McCain lied more and even was quoted saying he can lie to the general public as much as he wants because of the first amendment.

Is Obama perfect, no. Am I worried he is full of shit, yes. But I KNOW McCain is full of shit, and Nader doesn't stand a chance. So I am not throwing away my vote to give McCain a chance. Shit McCain would rather have you vote independent than Obama.

And Mikecore, McCain would do more damage to economy than Obama. McCain wants to further what Bush did, keep the money in the hands of the rich.

joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

Mood: pissed off

[*] posted on 11-4-2008 at 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeCore
Ok, back to the 21st century information and w/o out having to even get out of my chair:

Code:
The Cold War was the state of conflict, tension and competition that existed between the United States (US) and the Soviet Union (USSR) [b]and their respective allies[/b] from the mid-1940s to the early 1990s. Throughout this period, rivalry between the two superpowers was expressed through military coalitions, propaganda, espionage, weapons development, industrial advances, and competitive technological development, e.g., the space race. Both superpowers engaged in costly defence spending, a massive conventional and nuclear arms race, and [b]numerous proxy wars.[/b]

there was never full scale battles like in wwi and wwii. it don't count my friend...wikipedia isn't that reliable either.

joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-4-2008 at 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Siczine.com
Both candidates have lied but McCain lied more and even was quoted saying he can lie to the general public as much as he wants because of the first amendment.

Is Obama perfect, no. Am I worried he is full of shit, yes. But I KNOW McCain is full of shit, and Nader doesn't stand a chance. So I am not throwing away my vote to give McCain a chance. Shit McCain would rather have you vote independent than Obama.

And Mikecore, McCain would do more damage to economy than Obama. McCain wants to further what Bush did, keep the money in the hands of the rich.

in mass. it doesn't matter, cause obama will win anyways. so i voted for nadar to send a message.

DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-4-2008 at 02:29 PM

I voted this morning.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-4-2008 at 04:00 PM

Joe, what message was it that you were trying to send in voting for Nadar?

African Americans have every reason and every right to be excited about Obama as a candidate. This is representative government and they are barely ever represented.

Obama himself has pointed out what the black community can do if they put their minds and energy to it. But anyone that thinks any ole brotha can just up and become the next President is only fooling themself. Institutional racism is real and if you're born black then you're at a disadvantage. I know lots of white people like to disagree with that because it makes them feel better but it really is true. Obama getting elected doesn't mean anything to that whole community. Maybe it will instill a sense of hope and inspire some people but that's about all it can really do.

The Cold War was not WW3. It was a period of time where two superpowers diplomatically (and sometimes not diplomatically) jockeyed for power, ideology and influence.

I don't see any logic behind the idea that an Obama victory will be bad for business in this country. What makes you think that aside from Republican sound bytes?

The President of the USA is the leader of the free world in theory. I would support opening up the election to citizens of other countries someday as long as we remain so influential (which may be over with the economic crisis). Some of the idiots in the US choose their candidate based on the superficial of reasons. I'd trust the votes of people all over Europe and beyond more than most of the people in this country. It won't happen in our lifetimes but maybe some day.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-4-2008 at 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind

African Americans have every reason and every right to be excited about Obama as a candidate. This is representative government and they are barely ever represented.

Obama himself has pointed out what the black community can do if they put their minds and energy to it. But anyone that thinks any ole brotha can just up and become the next President is only fooling themself. Institutional racism is real and if you're born black then you're at a disadvantage. I know lots of white people like to disagree with that because it makes them feel better but it really is true. Obama getting elected doesn't mean anything to that whole community. Maybe it will instill a sense of hope and inspire some people but that's about all it can really do.

The Cold War was not WW3. It was a period of time where two superpowers diplomatically (and sometimes not diplomatically) jockeyed for power, ideology and influence.

I don't see any logic behind the idea that an Obama victory will be bad for business in this country. What makes you think that aside from Republican sound bytes?

The President of the USA is the leader of the free world in theory. I would support opening up the election to citizens of other countries someday as long as we remain so influential (which may be over with the economic crisis). Some of the idiots in the US choose their candidate based on the superficial of reasons. I'd trust the votes of people all over Europe and beyond more than most of the people in this country. It won't happen in our lifetimes but maybe some day.

I agree with mark on this stuff. Especially the bits about African Americans and institutional racism.

I've said my peice on the topic a million times, so I'm not going to go on about it again.

joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-4-2008 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind

the message i'm trying to send is that i'm sick of the two party system. simple. i don't care if you agree with me or like it or not. i didn't want to vote for obama or mcccain and instead of not voting, i voted for nadar

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top