Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Brick and Outrage Join Panic Records
Panic Records

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 09:34 PM
Brick and Outrage Join Panic Records

They shootin...ah made you look.

Here's what's really going on with Panic Records.

[B]Panic Records Update November 2008[/B]

[B]- Brick brings the pain to Panic Records[/B]
[B]- Outrage "Savior" Pre-Order Packages Up[/B]
[B]- Trial "Are These Our Lives?" re-release delayed[/B]
[B]- Tour Dates[/B]

[B]- Baltimore's Brick Joins Panic Records[/B]
We're extremely excited to annouce Baltimore's Brick has joined the Panic Records roster. Featuring ex-members of Get Big, Surroundings and Summer So Far. Brick formed earlier this year with the idea of carrying on Baltimore's longstanding tradition of punishing hardcore. Brick does not fall short of that goal and even pushes a step beyond. A complete onslaught of power and brutality is what Brick displays. With two East Coast Tours under their belts and plans for more extensive touring in the works, Brick has teamed up with Panic Records for the release of their debut 7". 4 songs of caustic, raw, merciless Hardcore. Songs that deserve to carry the title of Hardcore. No inbetween and no letting up. Brick is exactly what you'd expect from a band that bares the name...heavy and unrelentless, like a brick to the fucking face. Listen to the song "Menace" from their 7" at http://www.panicrecords.net/v3/radio.php

[B]- Outrage "Savior" Pre-Order Packages Are Up[/B]
We've got a couple different pre-order packages up now over at www.panicrecords.net/webstore. Two options to get the new CD with a new Outrage T-Shirt or Hooded Sweatshirt. Outrage's "Savior" is released on November 25th. "Savior" is one record you do not want to sleep on. Of course we'd say that right, god damn right we would, because it's true. If you live in the Northeast, check out Outrage on tour with their good friend The Miles Between. Check out the song "This City..." at http://www.panicrecords.net/v3/radio.php

[B]-Trial "Are These Our Lives?" 12" Re-Release Delayed[/B]
The tests arrived from the pressing plant and there were some weird pops going on throughout the record. Not just on one of the tests, but all of them. Unfortunately that means that it's delayed as we wait for the new tests to be sent to us. We're told it will be about a week before we get new tests. If you haven't already pre-ordered this record and you want a copy of it, you might want to do so soon, these are running out. Remember, 4 test presses will be randomly inserted into the pre-orders. Go here to order www.panicrecords.net/webstore

[B]- Panic Records Bands Upcoming Shows

Brick[/B]
11.23.08 - Baltimore, MD @ Sidebar

[B]Outrage[/B]
11.14.08 - Milford, CT @ The Grease Pit w/ The Miles Between
11.15.08 - Warick, NY @ Warwick American Legion w/ The Miles Between
11.16.08 - Reading, PA @ The Silo w/ The Miles Between
11.17.08 - Covington, KY @ Steward Iron Works w/ The Miles Between
11.18.08 - Anderson, IN @ The Fall Creek House w/ The Miles Between
11.19.08 - Toronto, ON @ The Kathedral w/ The Miles Between
11.21.08 - Rochester, NY @ The Penny Arcade w/ The Miles Between
11.21.08 - Rochester, NY @ The Penny Arcade w/ The Miles Between
11.28.08 - Framingham, MA @ Framingham Civic League
[B]Set Your Goals[/B]
11.19.08 - Liverpool, UK @ The Academy
11.20.08 - Norwich, UK @ UEA
11.21.08 - Manchester, UK @ Academy
11.22.08 - Birmingham, UK @ Carling Academy
11.23.08 - Glasgow, UK @ Barrowlands
11.24.08 - Leeds, UK @ Cockpit
11.25.08 - Newcastle, UK @ Carling Academy
11.26.08 - Southhampton, UK @ Guidhall
11.27.08 - Bristol, UK @ Carling Academy
11.28.08 - London, UK @ Brixton Carling Academy
11.29.08 - Nottingham, UK @ Rock City

www.panicrecords.net
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 09:41 PM

wow... we didnt make it clear enough with your last spam post that we dont care about your lable or bands?

Go git 'em Dak!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

Mood: pissed off

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 09:51 PM

he's done this before?

Panic Records

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
wow... we didnt make it clear enough with your last spam post that we dont care about your lable or bands?

Go git 'em Dak!

Legitimate question and not trying to antagonize you. But...why are you so offended at me posting on a hardcore message board about hardcore bands? Have you listened to any of the bands? With the bands that Thorp has put out, I think Brick would be right up the alley of a lot of people that enjoy the bands on Thorp Records. I'm honestly curious why it bothers you so much, though.

Also, because hardcore is such a DIY fueled music, we use the means that are within our reach to tell people about our bands or our small independent labels. If everyone on this board would rather me not come here and let them know about the bands...then I'll respect it and get off your board. I am curious though, why is one post a month so bad?
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Panic Records
Legitimate question and not trying to antagonize you. But...why are you so offended at me posting on a hardcore message board about hardcore bands?

I read the rest of your post, but I'll ignore it for now. The answer is simple... it's because you've contributed nothing here but "advertisements". Contributing nothing but advertisements is commonly known as spam. If, instead of spamming the board, you at least had a post saying "Hi, I'm [fill in blank] and am into hardcore. I also release music and you guys might like [fill in other blank]" then nobody would make it seem like you're a poster-child for why abortion should be encouraged in certain instances.

And this doesn't mean much since I'm not so big on "the scene" and haven't been for quite a while, but I just wasted two years of my life in Baltimore and have no idea who the fuck Brick is. I do know about 3rd District / Scheduled Beating / DFF... and one of those guys posts here and is welcome... maybe you can take a fucking hint from him. (And not that I met you, but is 3dbhm James? Someone else in SB?)

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 10:16 PM

Quote:

11.28.08 - London, UK @ Brixton Carling Academy

^^^ And I will now intentionally avoid this show. Douchebag.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
Quote:
Legitimate question and not trying to antagonize you. But...why are you so offended at me posting on a hardcore message board about hardcore bands?

I read the rest of your post, but I'll ignore it for now. The answer is simple... it's because you've contributed nothing here but "advertisements". Contributing nothing but advertisements is commonly known as spam. If, instead of spamming the board, you at least had a post saying "Hi, I'm [fill in blank] and am into hardcore. I also release music and you guys might like [fill in other blank]" then nobody would make it seem like you're a poster-child for why abortion should be encouraged in certain instances.

And this doesn't mean much since I'm not so big on "the scene" and haven't been for quite a while, but I just wasted two years of my life in Baltimore and have no idea who the fuck Brick is. I do know about 3rd District / Scheduled Beating / DFF... and one of those guys posts here and is welcome... maybe you can take a fucking hint from him. (And not that I met you, but is 3dbhm James? Someone else in SB?)

well said

Panic Records

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 10:25 PM

hahaha. ok ok.

What's funny to me is how bent out of shape over a post on a message board. It's ok.

I do understand what you mean about the "hey, I'm so and so, and I do a small label...check out the bands if you will"

I will say this though, I do at least respond to those who comment, positive or negative on these message boards. I know that's not a huge contribution in your eyes, and that's ok. But there's some labels that post on my local message board that never even bother to follow up with kids ask questions about their post.

Like I said, I've got enough respect for Andy and Thorp Records to get off this board if everyone really wants me gone and to stop posting "spam"
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 10:34 PM

If you contribute something other than ads on even a sporadic basis, I don't think anyone here will tell you to get lost. But you have five posts... two were starting threads to advertise your shit, and the other three are responses in those two threads. For whatever it's worth, I just checked out the Brick myspace... not my thing, but I suspect some others here will like it. It's a small community here, perhaps more so than other message boards. Don't be a douche and post something non-advertisement-related every once in a while, and nobody will give you shit (well, not too much, unless they hate your bands). Otherwise, you'll get more of the same, even if people here do sympathize with the DIY hardcore thing.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 10:40 PM

I retract my prior post. I'm far to polite when I've had a few drinks. I just saw the front page to your website. Methinks the poster doth not fit in too well (which is my over-educated way of saying that I don't think any of us are into the rich kid uber-sXe garbage, and I suspect that goes even for the sXe guys and one of your heroes in Slapshot on here)...

My name is random, and I'm an asshole.

:sniff:

Panic Records

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 10:42 PM

Quote:
If you contribute something other than ads on even a sporadic basis, I don't think anyone here will tell you to get lost. But you have five posts... two were starting threads to advertise your shit, and the other three are responses in those two threads. For whatever it's worth, I just checked out the Brick myspace... not my thing, but I suspect some others here will like it. It's a small community here, perhaps more so than other message boards. Don't be a douche and post something non-advertisement-related every once in a while, and nobody will give you shit (well, not too much, unless they hate your bands). Otherwise, you'll get more of the same, even if people here do sympathize with the DIY hardcore thing.

Like I said, I completely understand. And you're right, I haven't contributed anything to this message board other than starting threads about my label...and then responded to comments in those threads. And I definitely expect to get some shit for it...why wouldn't I? I was just curious why people were so hostile about it. That's all.

I know about this message board mainly because of the bands that Thorp has put out in the past that I have enjoyed.

In the future, I'll refrain from posting my labels news and information on the bands. In all sincerity, it's not that big of a deal to me.
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 10:42 PM

You teased me.... ah you are tricky.
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 10:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:

you can post label shit like i post news about my video company but the point is to post stuff that isn't all news related. contribute and you'll be fine

Like I said, I completely understand. And you're right, I haven't contributed anything to this message board other than starting threads about my label...and then responded to comments in those threads. And I definitely expect to get some shit for it...why wouldn't I? I was just curious why people were so hostile about it. That's all.

I know about this message board mainly because of the bands that Thorp has put out in the past that I have enjoyed.

In the future, I'll refrain from posting my labels news and information on the bands. In all sincerity, it's not that big of a deal to me.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by joemaconmovies

you can post label shit like i post news about my video company but the point is to post stuff that isn't all news related. contribute and you'll be fine

fixed it for you, joe. you got your response inside his quote.

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 11:04 PM

its all about paying dues. Just don't drop your sales pitch and leave.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-11-2008 at 10:39 AM

Quote:
fixed it for you, joe. you got your response inside his quote.

thanks man. not quite sure how i fucked that one up

moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-11-2008 at 12:04 PM

I like Trial and didn't know "Are These Our Lives?" was being repressed. That's awesome news because I fucking love that album. I guess this means that Equal Vision has completely bailed on hardcore then? I know they've been moving farther and farther away for years.
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-11-2008 at 12:46 PM

equal vision is the label makes the samplers that all the sgr or thorp orders come with right. if that's the case, they haven't been hardcore since 2006

MarkV

[*] posted on 11-11-2008 at 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by moron
I like Trial and didn't know "Are These Our Lives?" was being repressed. That's awesome news because I fucking love that album. I guess this means that Equal Vision has completely bailed on hardcore then? I know they've been moving farther and farther away for years.

It's not their focus but they still have a few bands. Betrayed were on there before they broke up, Bane's still there.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 11-11-2008 at 07:06 PM

Wait, where's the news about ST joining Panic?

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-11-2008 at 09:25 PM

It was a lame ruse to get you to open this thread. Worked on me too. Even after I ignored it for a few days.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 11-12-2008 at 04:14 AM

I'll have to check Outrage.

I don't remember this guys other posts but I'm bummed about the ST lie dragging me here in the first place. The bands on your label should speak for themselves, using lies to promote your bands says you don't have any faith in what they do and they should fuck off to a better label.

Trial was alright back in the day though.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-12-2008 at 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boycott Christian HC
I sort of know the guys from Outrage, so maybe we could give this dude a break, since he's releasing their record...? Maybe?

no, no break. just put outrage in the title, not lie to us. i don't care if he was releasing a new welch boys record. still a major dickhead move.

Panic Records

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 02:25 PM

I just thought the idea of Suicidal Tendencies signing to a real small label would be ridiculous, why the hell would they sign to my label? Furthermore, with the last 10+ years of records that Suicidal has done, why would I even want to put out a new Suicidal record? I don't think they've put out a good record since Lights, Camera, Revolution. I heard the last tour they did tons of old stuff and left that infectious groove shit out. I was bummed that I didn't go see that.

I have complete faith in the bands that I'm putting out though, but...if you saw "Brick or Outrage" in the title, you probably would have just passed over them, right? If only I had sweet money to advertise in magazines and such.
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 02:37 PM

i dig brick, their myspace songs are really good and baltimore isn´t the worst reference for a band. the city has some more to offer.
if you had simply written we guys should check out your bands in a more personal and not promotional way, you hadn´t got the problems with us here, i think. we are always opened for new bands and don´t need big names. .
btw, what´s your name? panic records is so unpersonal and this board is more like a family.
contribute to the topics here, maybe you´re interested in some of them and nobody will have a problem with you.
that´s my opinion

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top