Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Brick and Outrage Join Panic Records
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 02:44 PM

I'll check these bands out when I get a chance. I dig Baltimore stuff for the most part.
Panic Records

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 03:03 PM

My name is Timm, I'm actually in the band Wait In Vain and I play Guitar for Trial too.

I never want this shit to be impersonal or to stir up shit and can take shit just like anyone else, not above it and not beyond in giving it back.

Brick is good shit though. Baltimore has been shining lately. Trapped Under Ice is one of those bands that kills.
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerkreuzer
i dig brick, their myspace songs are really good and baltimore isn´t the worst reference for a band. the city has some more to offer.
if you had simply written we guys should check out your bands in a more personal and not promotional way, you hadn´t got the problems with us here, i think. we are always opened for new bands and don´t need big names. .
btw, what´s your name? panic records is so unpersonal and this board is more like a family.
contribute to the topics here, maybe you´re interested in some of them and nobody will have a problem with you.
that´s my opinion

It's most likely Timm Mcintosh (Trial).

And while I can't stand spammers, Timm didn't deserve half the shit he got for this thread. And by the way, this isn't the only board that he used this title for. And it worked didn't it?

panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 03:10 PM

Quote:
Ursprünglich verfasst von Siczine.com

And while I can't stand spammers, Timm didn't deserve half the shit he got for this thread.

that´s why wrote this. everybody has to get a chance here, but most newbies told who they are and didn´t post their label news first.
for my part timm is welcome and i hope the others will see it the same way...

Panic Records

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 03:13 PM

Thanks Jeff, if this is Jeff from Siczine.

Sincerely though, I don't mind the shit. I definitely understand it, posting on boards is by far the easiest and most cost effective way for a small DIY label to get the name out and tell people about things, but...it also rubs people the wrong way too.

It's sorta like this, each message board is sort of like someones house and then I come along and knock on the door while they're having a party and say "if you've got a minute, I'd like to tell you about these state of the art vacuum cleaners that we're selling, mind if I come in and throw shit on your rug?"

I live in contradiction of myself, hate that I have to stoop to this level, but...when it's a great resource to get the word out...gotta do the deed.
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Panic Records
Thanks Jeff, if this is Jeff from Siczine.

Sincerely though, I don't mind the shit. I definitely understand it, posting on boards is by far the easiest and most cost effective way for a small DIY label to get the name out and tell people about things, but...it also rubs people the wrong way too.

It's sorta like this, each message board is sort of like someones house and then I come along and knock on the door while they're having a party and say "if you've got a minute, I'd like to tell you about these state of the art vacuum cleaners that we're selling, mind if I come in and throw shit on your rug?"

I live in contradiction of myself, hate that I have to stoop to this level, but...when it's a great resource to get the word out...gotta do the deed.

Yep it's Jeff. And by the way, I been spinning the hell out of "Seasons" lately. "Another Year" is one of my favorite tracks of the year.

That's a very good analogy and hey it's not like you are Victory sending out street teamers to FYE to put Hawthorne Heights CD's in front of NeYo records.

Panic Records

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 03:23 PM

hahaha. Victory...fuck man. They just made "MOSH" Zip ups. I was appalled.

Stoked that you like The WIV record, we're going to be coming out your way in the Spring, hopefully we'll get to meet in person instead of always through the emails.

On a side note, I hardly post on message boards other than when there's something that I know about, sorta that...don't speak unless you know what's up type of thing. Like Ice Cube said "shut my mothafuckin mouth if I don't know"

See Good News Thread. Starbucks is the devil.
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 03:24 PM

Quote:
Ursprünglich verfasst von Panic Records

hey! i have one of these.;)

Panic Records

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerkreuzer
Quote:
Ursprünglich verfasst von Panic Records

hey! i have one of these.;)

From Victory?

I think someone else made them before. That's why I was so appalled.
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 03:27 PM

it´s a victory one, but i have it for 3 or 4 years now, it´stat they´re that new.

Panic Records

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 03:30 PM

I thought that they said it was new. Or maybe they printed it in Red and called it new. It's Victory, so you never know.
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

Mood: pissed off

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 03:32 PM

see how well this is working out for you since you stopped with the spamming, timm. yes we all checked it out but we were pissed when we read it. that's not good advertising. it seems like you've stopped though so i'll stop talking about it. welcome aboard man.

panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 03:33 PM

you´re right, but i´m hapyp that they reprint so many vinyls at the moment.
on the other side, the only band worth buying from victoy is ringworm, everything else is not worth mentioning.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 03:35 PM

Wait In Vain is fucking killer, Seasons is a Top 3 for this year easily. Instead of ST in the subject you shoulda put "Wait In Vain dude puts out sweet bands" or something :lol:

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 03:37 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the new bands Timm, good to have you aboard. Now swab the decks!!!!!!!!!!
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Panic Records

Stoked that you like The WIV record, we're going to be coming out your way in the Spring, hopefully we'll get to meet in person instead of always through the emails.

On a side note, I hardly post on message boards other than when there's something that I know about, sorta that...don't speak unless you know what's up type of thing. Like Ice Cube said "shut my mothafuckin mouth if I don't know"

See Good News Thread. Starbucks is the devil.

Dead Homiez is great track.

And definitely keep my updated on the spring tour, I would love to see you guys in the live setting.

Panic Records

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 03:45 PM

Ringworm "Justice Replaced By Revenge" record was the best thing that Victory has put out in...I don't even fucking know. Best Ringworm record since The Promise. Although, I haven't heard the new Ringworm record yet. I don't pay attention to anything that Victory does nowdays, at all. They could have put out the something recently that would blow my mind, but I wouldn't even know it. I'm surprised that Ringworm is on that label, seems like they'd fit in better with Deathwish or somewhere else.
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2008 at 04:11 PM

Hello Timm. Fan of both your bands.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top