Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Casualties, Dwarves, American Steel, Off With their Heads at Punk Rock Bowling
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 11:02 AM
Casualties, Dwarves, American Steel, Off With their Heads at Punk Rock Bowling

BYO has announced the lineup for 2009's Punk Rock Bowling. The bill will feature The Casualties, The Dwarves, American Steel, Off with Their Heads, The Ignorant, Cockney Rejects, Street Dogs, CH3, Far From Finished, Guilty By Association, Manic Hispanic, The Bodies and Tiltwheel .

The shows take place over three days during punk rock bowling weekend in Las Vegas, NV. You can get tickets here: http://www.punkrockbowling.com/show.php

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 01:27 PM

I'd like to see The Dwarves, American Steel and Far From Finished on a show. I'm all set with the others. Maybe with The Bodies on as an opener for curiousity's sake.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 03:04 PM

The Casualties need to get a new singer. The songs of theirs thay I've heard are great musically, but the second he opens his mouth the song is ruined.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

Mood: pissed off

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 04:03 PM

i'd like to see american steel, far from finished, and street dogs.

the casualties suck. when they played the bruisers reunion show, i walked out during their set.

newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 05:23 PM

cockney rejects?? wtf is that a misprint? am i the only one who thinks this is odd?

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
MarkV

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 05:29 PM

Yeah, it's pretty odd. I didn't know they were active until I saw them on the listing for this a while back. Show is them, Street Dogs, I think the Bodies and FFF.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 07:40 PM

Why didn't you mention the good bands in the thread title?

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 08:05 PM

copy and paste, my man - this aint a full time job!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 08:09 PM

hahaha. Fair enough. :)

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 11-22-2008 at 12:07 AM

I would love to see Cockney Rejects, Street Dogs, CH3, Far From Finished, Manic Hispanic, and The Bodies. I've seen Street Dogs a few times, but not enough. I saw CH3 at last year's Fun Fun Fun Fest and thought they were great after all these years, but have never gotten to see the rest of those bands.

The Casualties are a prime example of Cartoon Punk and make me sick, I can't understand how anybody out of high school could be a fan. I had the first album, thought it was kinda ok, but the three foot mohawks and perfect liberty spikes along with all the right gear to impress the fashionistas turned me off. Then they just kept putting out the same record over and over and somehow got a name for themselves as they became less a parody of Exploited and more a parody of themselves.

While it's still a bit of a drive, Vegas isn't too out of the question. Depending on when this is going down and what the price and all that shit is, I might have to think about actually going for the handful of good bands.

Veritas odium parit
MarkV

[*] posted on 11-22-2008 at 01:34 AM

TIS-
To be honest, I don't know if they have a lot of fans much older than that. They've kind of basically become the "real punk band" for the warped tour demo.
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 11-22-2008 at 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
I would love to see Cockney Rejects, Street Dogs, CH3, Far From Finished, Manic Hispanic, and The Bodies
The Casualties are a prime example of Cartoon Punk and make me sick, I can't understand how anybody out of high school could be a fan..

:thumbup:

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

Mood: pissed off

[*] posted on 11-22-2008 at 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
Quote:
I would love to see Cockney Rejects, Street Dogs, CH3, Far From Finished, Manic Hispanic, and The Bodies
The Casualties are a prime example of Cartoon Punk and make me sick, I can't understand how anybody out of high school could be a fan..

the mohawks impress me though as i like mohawks but that's all the credit i'll give them for anything

Barnesey

[*] posted on 11-23-2008 at 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by joemaconmovies
Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
Quote:

the mohawks impress me though as i like mohawks but that's all the credit i'll give them for anything

This is the only MOHAWKS that are noteworthy:

Not sure what's odd about the COCKNEY REJECTS, they've been over here in the past few years.

Live Fast Die Young
Push It To The Limit \'Til The Coffin Calls
MarkV

[*] posted on 11-23-2008 at 07:22 PM

Really? When were they here last? They did one of those mondo oi/punk fests, but I don't remember anything since then.
Barnesey

[*] posted on 11-23-2008 at 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
Really? When were they here last? They did one of those mondo oi/punk fests, but I don't remember anything since then.

Yeah, they did that festival a couple years back here in California and put out a couple new albums in the past few years.

Live Fast Die Young
MarkV

[*] posted on 11-23-2008 at 07:30 PM

I think the surprise is that they're coming over for PRB. I'm actually kind of psyched.
Barnesey

[*] posted on 11-23-2008 at 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
I think the surprise is that they're coming over for PRB. I'm actually kind of psyched.

Yeah, I'll probably end up going now. I was actually going to bail on it this year. I got the impression that everyone thought that they were not together by the comments.

Live Fast Die Young
MarkV

[*] posted on 11-24-2008 at 12:04 AM

Yeah, I meant actively touring when I said, "active." As we know, none of these bands will ever actually go away.

Go To Top