Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Now that a year has passed, I have an announcement
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 10:44 PM

Damn Duane, that's some intense shit. I'm really happy for you that everything has worked out and you have a beautiful, healthy daughter. I can't even imagine going through that with my daughter, although I've certainly got my own stories about her. By the way, my baby girl is gonna be 4 in June and it looks like I'll get to go see her on and right around her birthday. That'll be the first time I've seen her in over a year and I can't fuckin' wait. Anyway, sorry to go off on my own shit there, this one's for you. Congratulations on the health of your daughter, Big Guy!!!

Veritas odium parit
Todd

[*] posted on 4-27-2005 at 10:16 AM

You guys with kids are the bravest motherfuckers on the whole earth. I'm not being a smart ass. I'd love to have a kid but I think I'd be a horrible dad because of my 'stability' issues. Hats off to all of you motherfuckers!
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-27-2005 at 10:45 AM

Whatever the # is I just hope you had good health insurance because it has to be some outrageous figure.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-29-2005 at 09:50 AM

the official hospital tally was just under a million. but of course, oxford has an arrangement with the hospital where they only pay a portion of the total - call it a frequent customer discount! all we had to pay was a $500 copay. all the other preemie-related expenses (perscriptions, copays, equipment transportation, etc, but NOT diapers, food, etc) got totaled up and written off as medical expenses at the end of the year.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 04:47 PM

Duane, do you raise money by participating in the walk? Maybe next year you should set up a PayPal account so people on here can sponsor your participation and help contribute.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-2-2005 at 01:03 PM

Good idea, Mark, thanks. Yeah, you sign up to do the walk, then get people to sponsor your participation. It's just a flat amount, though; none of this six cents a mile crap.

The March of Dimes WalkAmerica site is actually pretty thorough. Everyone participating in the walk can set up thier own page with a photo, their kid's story, etc, and people can contribute on the spot with a credit card or they can pledge, and give you cash later. Here's ours: http://www.walkamerica.org/teamsadie

My wife and Sadie and I did the full 10k walk last Sunday. I'm proud to say we obliterated our $500 goal. We're still getting contributions, but have collected over $2,500 so far. Quite surprising and very humbling. People we don't even know -I mean, at ALL- donated on our daughter's behalf. I think people can continue to contribute for another two weeks, so we'll see what the total winds up being.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 5-3-2005 at 12:25 PM

Im glad that your daughter is well duane.
It sounds like Sadie fought very hard to be here!!.
Just wait until she becomes a teenager.
I wish the best of everything for your family!

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
jason kills

Mood: early man

[*] posted on 5-3-2005 at 01:40 PM

grown, man. definitely grown. best wishes.

an ex of mine had a miscarraige a while back, but if she hadn't, i have a 1 1/2 year old kid. breaks my heart. that said, you're blessed.

all gods are golden calves
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top