Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: sXe
ManMadePsycho

Mood: TERROR

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 12:42 AM
sXe

whats your thoughts on straight edge kids? Im going to attend a throwdown show tomorrow night..and last time i saw them it was sXe kids GALORE! I've heard of sXe kids beating up people who were just lighting up ciggs in bars..WHATS UP WITH THAT?? I understand that thats your belief..but why beat your beliefs into people? You try not to
do drugs or drink, yet you spread terror into people just trying to go to shows and have a good time?

NOTE: No disrespect to any sXe guys on this board..infact I would like some of you to post here if you are sXe and give me your thoughts

SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 02:00 AM

i'm not straight edge, but just like in everything else, there are bad eggs. don't judge by a few kids at a throwdown show. probably the worst place/time to ever base a judgment on straight edge.

thedog
Posting Freak

Mood: Deals Gone Bad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 02:37 AM

first off i am by no means sXe.
but i think that "most" sXe kids will respect your choices, although like SAAAAARS said
there are bad eggs in every group. dont let the few dicks stop you from going to the show.

my advice: go enjoy the show and ... smoke em if you got em.
cheers

\"thank you very little\"
forsaken

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 05:03 AM

I'm edge, going on 5 years now, so I'm no authority on the matter but there is alot of dicks out there with no clue who I'm sure are out to start shit with people who decide to smoke it up around them.

Half these jokes probably dont even know who minor threat are.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 07:03 AM

I've only once had a problem with edgers, and that was when some stupid 15 yr kid decided to try and show his friends how edge he was by smacking my beer out of my hand. He quickly learned how stupid that was.

I've always found most sXe people cool. When I used to smoke the only thing they would ask is that I try not to blow smoke their way or ask that i move a couple of feet away. They were generally polite about it so I had no problem with it as it's a very small request. The problem these days is the new generation of hardcore kids seem to think they have to prove something so they try to act tough and more "core" or "edge" then everyone else. Ignore them. If they're polite, return it in kind. If they try to fuck with you, stomp their fucking heads in. Channel the spirit of Paul Bearer.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 09:34 AM

I dont even think about straight edge anymore. It's a non-issue in my life, so I dont really have any interesting opinion.

CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 10:09 AM

Straight Edge folks can be real assholes while others are great. I can't stand anyone who presses their belifes on people. Anyone who would smack a beer out of someone's hands is a jack off. If you don't like smoking and drinking don't go around it.

By the way, I quit smoking 2.5 years ago, quit doing drugs 6 years ago and stopped drinking about 6 months ago. Maybe I'm just a quitter....
Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 10:19 AM

im edge...most of my freinds are into drugs and i dont really care. To me its not a big deal anyway
Quote:

Half these jokes probably dont even know who minor threat are.

....id say basically at a throwdown show no one knows who minor threat is

just take a look at the papers
your leaders
they\'re killers
they\'re liars
what they do in your
name to make the bodies pile higher
the murders, the terror
they\'ve done it forever
as we sit band and smile
at the script they sell us
but now the victims, they\'re rising
their numbers\'s multiplying
they want their revenge for the years
that they\'ve been dying
SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 10:57 AM

i think most of this could be summed up by saying they're normal everyday people haha. some are dicks, some aren't.

jfcknw

Mood: Xenakis or some shit

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 11:04 AM

throwdown is hardly a real representation of straight edge anyway.
vinnie518

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 04:50 PM

My theory is that even if these kids wern't edge, they'd still go around do the same thing but for another lame reason, or none at all. It's the type of person they are, they just happened to latch onto what essentially is a decent idea and taken it to an extream.

I'm edge. Proudly. I hate drug-dealers and have little sympathy for people who ruin their own lives with drugs or booze, but I value freedom of choice alot, and I'm not going to start shit with someone just because they're doing something I disagree with....
Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 04:57 PM

like stated before im edge, but its probally cause i can afford to be. i was born in suburbia and never had it that rough, i can definitly see how easy it is to fall into a drug or alchohol habit if you were born into a not so easy life, so as a little suburban puke its not my right to say anything to anyone(unless they are suburbanites buying drugs with mommie and daddys money, which is really lame)

just take a look at the papers
your leaders
they\'re killers
they\'re liars
what they do in your
name to make the bodies pile higher
the murders, the terror
they\'ve done it forever
as we sit band and smile
at the script they sell us
but now the victims, they\'re rising
their numbers\'s multiplying
they want their revenge for the years
that they\'ve been dying
ManMadePsycho

Mood: TERROR

[*] posted on 4-27-2005 at 11:42 PM

Well show went better than I thought. No problems with the edgers. They treated us drunks gettin wasted in the parking lot with respect as we did them in the pits and what not, ie. helping them up whenb knocked over and what not. THROWDOWN was amazing, although a lot of youzz guys prolly think they arent too good. Good times...good times....I tell ya....

Go To Top