Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: the dark knight
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-13-2009 at 01:14 AM

Nolan has actually said two face is dead in interviews...how could he not be. The whole ending was based on Batman taking the fall for everything so that Dent could save face and thereby keep some remnant of hope in Gotham. If he's alive and running around villaining again the entire point of Bats doing that would be lost...
MarkV

[*] posted on 1-13-2009 at 02:09 AM

No, not if they had locked him up in Arkham and basically faked his death.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-13-2009 at 06:35 AM

oh boy
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-13-2009 at 11:40 PM

I don't think they did nearly enough with ol' Harv. I don't care what Nolan says, if someone handed him a script that used Two-Face really well he'd do it. I have no doubt. Besides, while he says in interviews that Harvey is dead the movie left it somewhat vague. Vague enough that he could plausibly come back.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-14-2009 at 12:12 AM

What exactly was vague about him laying there and them having a service in memorium. I'm not saying dude will NOT be in the next movie anything is possible, but I hear this all the time. It really reminds me of all the crackpot Sopranos theories that used to fly around the web.

I have yet to hear one logical thing shown actually in the movie that would lead anyone to believe he is still alive. Hoping that he is in the next movie doesn't count...I'm not trying to be a dick...but what hint is there that he lived. Someone tell me?
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-14-2009 at 03:21 AM

There isn't, but we are talking about Batman here dude. Villians appearing to be dead and then showing up later on is a staple. You know how many times Joker has "died" in the comics? Hell, his first appearance he fell down an apparently bottomless pit!

There's just as much reason to believe that Harvey died in TDK as there is to think they faked his death. Considering they faked Gordon's death in the movie...

I'm not going to be pissed if they definitely don't use Two-Face in the next film, but they could and it would be awesome to continue to use him. Harvey Dent is probably the most fascinating of the characters in Batman's Rogues Gallery. This is a guy who was a stand up take no prisoners DA, then he gets horribly scarred and has a psychotic break that results in split personalities and a fascination with the chance of a flip of the coin and the number 2. Honestly, A Lonely Place of Dying has the perfect means for re-introducing Harvey and they manage to keep it secret at least through the first part of the story(one issue). It would also introduce a theme that Harvey didn't have in TDK using 2's and numbers derivative of 2 in his crimes that flexes Batman's detective skills. That's one thing he's not done at all in BB or TDK.

No detective work, he's not just the Dark Knight... he's the Dark Knight Detective. He didn't figure out Ducard was Ra's al-Ghul until Ducard told him so, beat him down and burned down his house. He didn't do anything but use a fancy cell phone spy tech to find the Joker. I'd like to see that side of Batman done, and I'd like to see Two-Face dealt with in his split personality disorder incarnation... and do it in such a way that keeps the audience unaware that it's Harvey Dent that's back. Obviously they're going to want to bring someone else into the story, but I think Harvey would work great.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-14-2009 at 08:11 AM

It'd be better than Jolie as Catwoman or whatever other nonsense they might try next at least...

Honestly the versions of Croc, Riddler or Penguin from that recent Joker graphic novel may be cool in the 'realistic' Batman world.
MarkV

[*] posted on 1-14-2009 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
What exactly was vague about him laying there and them having a service in memorium. I'm not saying dude will NOT be in the next movie anything is possible, but I hear this all the time. It really reminds me of all the crackpot Sopranos theories that used to fly around the web.

I have yet to hear one logical thing shown actually in the movie that would lead anyone to believe he is still alive. Hoping that he is in the next movie doesn't count...I'm not trying to be a dick...but what hint is there that he lived. Someone tell me?

Jason-
Two things:
1- We're talking about a movie where Batman drops one of his enemies 2 or 3 stories just to hurt him so he'll talk. It shows that it's not a lethal fall depending on how you land. That fall at the end off the movie isn't terribly far. It looks like 3, maybe 4 stories. Batman survived it, and his "gear" couldn't do THAT much in regard to a fall (based on the fact his shit is more or less based on real military shit or at least shit they described in the 2 films). He "looks" dead. It wasn't high enough where he'd be squished.

2- We're talking about a movie where one of the main guys on the police dept fakes his own death to confuse the public and the villains. It appears very few people know about it. How hard would it be to take Harv, whom no one knows where he is anyway, and toss him in the looney bin after that and to have a public service for him??

He was unconscious after the fall. They took him to the looney bin, said he was dead, and presto! he's dead! Big service and memorial. Real dude rots away.

What about the ending isn't vague and what about what I wrote is "crackpot?"
MarkV

[*] posted on 1-14-2009 at 08:29 AM

Dave- Him using his "high tech detective gear" to figure out the address of the Joker, on the day of the commissioner's funeral is his detective skills.

But, I'd LOVE to see a Penguin or even a Riddler as we've discussed, with some sort of underlying 2 Face presence.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-14-2009 at 10:55 AM

Dent lives.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-14-2009 at 11:49 PM

Did you check out the Batman Gotham Knight animated feature? That's supposed to be between BB and TDK. Croc's already there. http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Killer_Croc_(Batman:_Gotham_Knight)

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-15-2009 at 06:41 AM

Yeah he looked like some big gelatinous schmoo type thing with fangs in it.
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 1-15-2009 at 08:21 AM

NO they can't put jolie as catwoman.....ever.

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top