Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Does anyone on this board
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 09:12 AM
Does anyone on this board

not have serious issues? Personal, family, medical, relationship, employment... we're a messed up bunch (myself included).

jonnynewbreed seems to have things going OK. As for the rest of us... damn!

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 10:14 AM

2009 is the worst year in my life thus far and it's only in it's second week.
not just the passing of my brother, but employment, money woes and just crap.
you cant even listen to KYW on the radio and not hear story after story of bad news for america and the rest of the planet.
I'm hoping tha Obama is able to do a little to fix a few things.
The dude is limited in what he can do, but he won me over with his enthusiasm alone......
we should all meet for a drink....and BBQ
i have a full tank of gas and a pillow in my car to sleep it of later so i'm down....
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 11:04 AM

i'm all good.

SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 11:28 AM

hakuna matata

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 11:34 AM

I'm basicly a mess.... I need to lose weight, but cant get it done. Either I'm to tired or depressed to excersize at all and I cant seem to stop eating.

I hate my job and basicly every other job I've had which means I have no clue what kind of job I would like. Plus I have good hours, good pay, benefits and I dont work hard. I just hate it here and the place sucks. I'm bored all day!

Just havent been feeling well... probably because I'm not healthy.

Yeah.... stuff kinda sucks.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 12:13 PM

Unemployed atm but I brought it on myself by quitting in December. Looking for something better now, loving being home though. My holiday pay ran out this week though.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 01:03 PM

I got problems here and there, but for the most part I would not trade what I have for anything.

MM.
Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 01:39 PM

Buying some Nikes, whipping up a batch of koolaid.
Shoe sizes people?

Enyo

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 02:08 PM

71/2 :)

Well I didn't get laid off so I can count my blessings on that one, but Ialso am of the camp that can't stop eating and can't or won't exercise. I hate being fat. I don't kill myself just because I'd hate for everyone to stand around saying how fat I looked. Damn it.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 02:26 PM

You obviously don't hate it that much if you can't be bothered to do anything about it.

MM.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 03:24 PM

I'm actually doing alright, family is happy and healthy, that makes me ok.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by metal mulisha
I got problems here and there, but for the most part I would not trade what I have for anything.

UYB

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
I'm actually doing alright, family is happy and healthy, that makes me ok.

That's really good to hear. After last year, you deserve to finally have the ball rolling in a positive direction.

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 04:12 PM

Quote:
You obviously don't hate it that much if you can't be bothered to do anything about it.

MM.

its not as easy as that for a lot of people... myself included.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 04:15 PM

My life sucks, but I'm working on making things better.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Quote:

MM.

its not as easy as that for a lot of people... myself included.

Never said it was. But how can you hope to change at all if you don't want to put forth the effort. Seems to me that nothing in life worth doing is easy.

MM.
SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 04:52 PM

fucking and drinking beer is easy, and thats worth doing.

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
Enyo

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 04:57 PM

Well MM- I have PCOS, an insulin disorder.. I have meds that help me lose weght but they make me really sick. so... Either I take the meds and lose weight, but can't leave the house because I can't be more than 2 step from a toilet.. or I go on being hefty and not ovulating.

BTW- I find your comment hurtful. I DO eat right and exercise. but it takes me a week of perfect 1,300 calories a day and an hour running everyday to lose .25. I just don't have it in me to keep that up constantly so I gain back immediately whatever I have lost. I spent a lot of years starving myself and beating myself up because I "wasn't trying hard enough" before I found out that my insulin thingies are screwed up. Now I'm just trying to work on accepting things for what they are and being joyful for a 2 pound loss.
THORP
Super Administrator

Mood: Evil Conduct, Brains, Hank III

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 05:47 PM

This is probably more transparant than a two-bit CEO like me ought be with my 'customers", but whom an I shitting? I ain't really a CEO and you guyz ain't customers. I'm old, you guyz are old, and we are probably too old to ever even attempt to refer to ourselves as hardcore kids. Hell, the offspring that has been seeded by the members on this board could populate a small country.
2009 has already stricken me with polarizing pangs of anxiety and hope. Having gone from the tumlt of the music business to the tumult of the investment business, all with no guarentee of a petty staycheck, has proven to be an ongoing adventure in bad timing on my part.
I read what has been written in this thread and it seems I am hearing the same sentiments everywhere - from friends, client, family, and for damn sure from my own lips. I always thought just I was a day late and a dollar short, but it seems as if the whole world ain't much different. They just fake it better.
My present and future is shakey and uncertain like anyone else. My past is still being sorted. No surprises. Ends are often not met. No surprises.
But I have to say, none of the financial ebb and flow and woes of uncertainty and discontent matter to me anymore. I am mostly numb to it. Not immune or inattentive, but numb.
I see this whole downturn primarily on a micro level as a cleansing process for me personally. Having to cut things out, clean things up, and feel the strain of worry has only made me realize how unimportant material things are.
Not trying to turn this into an Oprah episode, but my kids are smiling when I get home. My wife aint, but hell I don't blame here. I wouldnt be smiling with three kids hanging on me all day knowing some ugly, bald, tattooed bastard is coming home in hopes to do the same.
Food tastes better. The occassional cigar smokes better. The shitty cheap wine I am reduced to buying taste better. That shouldn't be the case, but it is. My appreciation level is off the meter now. That is a good thing.
I still love being an entrpreneur and running my life like a DIY pirate - searching for my treasure daily and not knowing when or from where it is coming. It's never been about the money and has always been about freedom and the pursuit. That will not stop, even if I have to go work for the man temporarily.
The quote that has literarily driven me from task to task over the past 6 months is the following by Churchill ;

"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm."

I have been living this way, and regardless what 2009 brings, I will continue to.

-THORP
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 06:27 PM

I didn't really expect any responses to this thread. Nice to see that, for the most part, people are pretty optimistic/hopeful/delusional given all the bad shit that's going on for everyone... or maybe just taking solace in the small things. My own comment pretty much echoes Discipline's.... just put Homer in place of his avatar. Nothing going right, but working to turn that around. Glad this is a place where people can vent some of the shit that isn't appropriate anywhere else and that all you people I don't know support each other. I've said it before, but for a bunch of old, jaded, bitter mother fuckers... you're some pretty decent people.

And THORP, most of us can't be your customers again until you put out some new stuff. :P

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Enyo
Well MM- I have PCOS, an insulin disorder.. I have meds that help me lose weght but they make me really sick. so... Either I take the meds and lose weight, but can't leave the house because I can't be more than 2 step from a toilet.. or I go on being hefty and not ovulating.

BTW- I find your comment hurtful. I DO eat right and exercise. but it takes me a week of perfect 1,300 calories a day and an hour running everyday to lose .25. I just don't have it in me to keep that up constantly so I gain back immediately whatever I have lost. I spent a lot of years starving myself and beating myself up because I "wasn't trying hard enough" before I found out that my insulin thingies are screwed up. Now I'm just trying to work on accepting things for what they are and being joyful for a 2 pound loss.

What can I say. I have type one diabetes and have been on insulin injections 5 times a day since I was 6 months old. We all have our problems. However I don't look at mine as a problem, but more of a blessing. It has forced me to stay in shape my entire life as I don't want to run into complications like, kidney disease, heart attacks or blindness. I am at the gym all the time and eat what the human body is supposed to eat. Its hard for everyone. Your body is your temple and deserves more attention then anything else in the world as it is your body that allows you to function in all things outside of it.

MM.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 08:53 PM

My military ordeal finally came to a conclusion today after 4 months of wondering when they were going to cut me lose. That shit was stressful, but I never compromised my work ethic or integrity despite the fact that I was getting involuntarily separated. I even got a personal letter of recommendation for any future job applications from my commanding officer. So today was a very good day, I might be unemployed but its all good, I am in a position where I can focus on defeating my alcoholism and I have my freedom back. Fuck yeah :thumbup:
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by barc0debaby
My military ordeal finally came to a conclusion today after 4 months of wondering when they were going to cut me lose. That shit was stressful, but I never compromised my work ethic or integrity despite the fact that I was getting involuntarily separated. I even got a personal letter of recommendation for any future job applications from my commanding officer. So today was a very good day, I might be unemployed but its all good, I am in a position where I can focus on defeating my alcoholism and I have my freedom back. Fuck yeah :thumbup:

That is some positive stuff right there. Good for you bro, best of luck on your next path.

MM.
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 09:44 PM

Quote:

Good for you dude!!:thumbup:
Enyo

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 09:56 PM

Quote:

Fuck ya! is fucking right!!:thumbup:
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top