Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Tolerance of Christian Hardcore and the Ignorance of God\'s Contribution to
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 10-9-2004 at 03:25 AM

Since I've been one of the biggest mouthed people replying in this thread I will assume that some of what you (kev) are saying is more or less aimed directly at me. I can see that you tried to make a thought provoking post here, but you've missed the point entirely. No one is saying christians have no right to their religion, what is being contested is their "right" to invade the HC scene. As far as your misunderstanding about how some of us feel about HC, I don't think anyone (and certainly not me) feels that HC is all there is to life. Before you go telling us that we're all closed-minded maybe you should take the time to really make sure you comprehend what we are saying. And yes, I realize there are a lot of posts that are less than serious where some of us just slag on religion, did you ever stop to think WHY so many people do that? I think it boils down to a lifetime of people telling us how horrible we are for not accepting something they want us to, people condemning us all to "hell" for not buying into their faith. To change the main subject in part of your post to religion instead of HC, I think it could very easily be said that "I realized shortly that it was a close-minded arena full of people who think that their better than everbody else for the simple reason because they" believe in something I don't. Buying into one religion doesn't determine what type of person you're going to be either, aside of course, from being a person who is being lied to and who laps it up.
Big Ugly

[*] posted on 10-12-2004 at 06:54 PM

Why is it these Jesus freaks post once and never come back to debate the answers given them. Oh, I guess it's cause they know they're wrong.

RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 10-12-2004 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Ugly
Why is it these Jesus freaks post once and never come back to debate the answers given them. Oh, I guess it's cause they know they're wrong.

Im totally with you on that.

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 10-14-2004 at 12:40 PM

Everyone is here and entitled to there beliefs. Athiest as moronic as that is ok fro you to chose. same goes for anyone with any connection to a religion. If you boycott christian hardcore then boycott it. Doesn't mean I can't listen to it. In fact the only bands I no are christian that I have in my collection is NO INNOCENT VICTIM(don't even try and say they suck). then you say everything hardcore sucks. Also (I have a tape of a band many of you may not even know is a band called CRASHDOG. this scene is more open to HARE CHRISHNAS(however you spell it) ie. (shelter, 108) than a CHRISTIAN. That is no differnet than modern day america. It's more wrong to be catholic than any other religion. Whatever. The older i get the more I feel the importance of religion. Not to say I am devoted but I see what people like or get from it. So don't boycott what people hold true. Support what they believe because they are free to do so. As well as you are to choose not to.

Sorry this is not too hate filled to be here just thought I 'd throw in my 2 cents.

So fuck shit piss!
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 10-14-2004 at 12:43 PM

Whatever you choose is all good, but NO INNOCENT VICTIM kick much ass.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 10-14-2004 at 02:13 PM

Maybe you missed it, but I said I think Krishna shit is just as bad earlier on and for the 100th time, NOBODY IS SAYING THAT PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE RELIGIOUS (if that's what they want or need) JUST THAT IT SHOULD BE KEPT OUT OF HC.

Oh, and by the way, No Innocent Victim suck much balls.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 10-14-2004 at 03:34 PM

HC is about being you and if you are religious go right on. If no one likes it they will not attend shows and the band may break up. Just like NO INNOCENT VICTIM.

If you do not like N I V then you do not like sick of it all or agnostic front. Dude because they mirror them to a tee. It's ok though.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 10-14-2004 at 03:36 PM

So you think all religion should be out of hardcore. Well then you have NO hardcore.
No cromags no badbrains no madball no everyone else. They all praise god for guidance. Heck even ALL OUT WAR sometimes thank god.
Big Ugly

[*] posted on 10-14-2004 at 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
HC is about being you and if you are religious go right on. If no one likes it they will not attend shows and the band may break up. Just like NO INNOCENT VICTIM.

If you do not like N I V then you do not like sick of it all or agnostic front. Dude because they mirror them to a tee. It's ok though.

NIV do NOT mirror AF and SOIA to a t. Those two bands are amazing and are innovators. NIV is rehashed music with horrible fucking vocals and cheesy lyrics. I for one am glad they are no more. They licked balls and in no way measured up to SOIA and weren't worthy of polishing Stigma's boots. The last thing the scene needs is Jesuscore, Jewcore, Krishnacore, or any other religioncore.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 10-14-2004 at 05:11 PM

Wow man wait a second. I in no way am saying NIV is as respected or given the cred SOIA or AF should have. No way at all. Waht I am saying is they do cop the sound of that style of hardcore which in my book is great music. all I am saying is how can you dislike NIV and like SOIA and AF. Style of music is very similar. It's real hardcore no matter how you put it. Oh by the way NIV are back together and playing a club near you very soon. Just thought I'd pass that on.
SOIA and AF are the greats and thats what niv I assume grew up on or are influenced by and carry the torch in there own way.
I don't want to prop NIV so much because I like them and have a cd and a 7" but by no means am a diehard fan of them. They impressed we when I picked there music up thats all I got to say. It's kind of like listening to IGNITE's old shit. I won't go out and sabatage a fishing boat but will jam out old IGNITE anyday.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 10-15-2004 at 06:45 PM

Sorry man, just because some band rips off a good band's style doesn't make them worth a shit. And again, you seem to be missing the point, I'm still trying to understand how you can say there's no hardcore without religion.
kev2

[*] posted on 12-3-2004 at 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RomanticViolence
Quote:

Ok this is Kev. I am back. I forgot my name. None the less I don't know why I am in a forum. As part of Christianity your suppose to spread the word in a positive way. To increase followers. Call me a Jesus Freak, Its something I am proud of. Go ahead and say your hardcore. I find that humorous but none the less you feel that way about Chrisitianity. I feel that maybe I lowered my degree to a lower stand. I made fun of hardcore. I should have realized that what I was doing was putting down a belief that was just like mine. Although mine dates back and is observed by millions of people, hardcore is observed by others and it should be respected by people too. Trust me, I am not a hxc dick. I am not a fundamentalist. I didn't even vote for George Bush because I think he is possibly the antichrist. I do agree Christianity has its flaws. Heck, the holy roman was split into two where there was a pope and an antipope. They molested little boys and the arch dioses just relocated them to another area and let them continue. Church people use to stand outside of abortion clinics protesting. I think there should be free choice even though killing was wrong.Trust me, I find things about Christianity just as sick as you. I have a relationship with god and jesus christ not the church. Church people I will honestly say are more manuplative and thats why I don't go as much but my love for God hasnt change. Hate mosh me and tell me about how God can suck on this or that they should stab Jesus with a few more tools and that you could care less. Believe what you want to believe. I'll respect that. Let hardcore be your savior or whatever you want. I find my life meaningful with god. Thats probaly the only difference between you and I. I apologize if bands have been heavy influenced in this genre and that you feel that they have slandered it in anyway. Bands should try to be the same and not produce anything out of the boundarys of pop punk and Hot Fm radio. I am going to leave hardcore to the real bands and tell all my Christian friends to pursue something that doesn't have any thought proviking measures. Sorry I am bitter but music wouldn't be anyhting if bands didn't try something. In closing. I don't go to shows anymore, I don't associate with anybody in the scene anymore, I don't know what the in thing is. I hear guys are wearing girl pants and that throwing down is beating people up and sxe people can break rules and still have complete credibility. Thats all I know. Believe what you want to believe. I don't have anything to do with you people now a days anyways.
Big Ugly

[*] posted on 12-3-2004 at 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kev2
Quote:
Originally posted by RomanticViolence
Quote:

Ok this is Kev. I am back. I forgot my name. None the less I don't know why I am in a forum. As part of Christianity your suppose to spread the word in a positive way. To increase followers. Call me a Jesus Freak, Its something I am proud of. Go ahead and say your hardcore. I find that humorous but none the less you feel that way about Chrisitianity. I feel that maybe I lowered my degree to a lower stand. I made fun of hardcore. I should have realized that what I was doing was putting down a belief that was just like mine. Although mine dates back and is observed by millions of people, hardcore is observed by others and it should be respected by people too. Trust me, I am not a hxc dick. I am not a fundamentalist. I didn't even vote for George Bush because I think he is possibly the antichrist. I do agree Christianity has its flaws. Heck, the holy roman was split into two where there was a pope and an antipope. They molested little boys and the arch dioses just relocated them to another area and let them continue. Church people use to stand outside of abortion clinics protesting. I think there should be free choice even though killing was wrong.Trust me, I find things about Christianity just as sick as you. I have a relationship with god and jesus christ not the church. Church people I will honestly say are more manuplative and thats why I don't go as much but my love for God hasnt change. Hate mosh me and tell me about how God can suck on this or that they should stab Jesus with a few more tools and that you could care less. Believe what you want to believe. I'll respect that. Let hardcore be your savior or whatever you want. I find my life meaningful with god. Thats probaly the only difference between you and I. I apologize if bands have been heavy influenced in this genre and that you feel that they have slandered it in anyway. Bands should try to be the same and not produce anything out of the boundarys of pop punk and Hot Fm radio. I am going to leave hardcore to the real bands and tell all my Christian friends to pursue something that doesn't have any thought proviking measures. Sorry I am bitter but music wouldn't be anyhting if bands didn't try something. In closing. I don't go to shows anymore, I don't associate with anybody in the scene anymore, I don't know what the in thing is. I hear guys are wearing girl pants and that throwing down is beating people up and sxe people can break rules and still have complete credibility. Thats all I know. Believe what you want to believe. I don't have anything to do with you people now a days anyways.

Wearing girl pants is for emo faggots and fans of utter shit like 18 Visions and Atreyu. Personally I'd rather listen to cats fuck then listen to that meaningless tripe. These guys that are wearing chick pants are the ones dying their long hippy hair blck, wearing eyeliner, and writing fucking poetry. They have nothing to do with the REAL hardcore scene and get no respect from the scene. Fighting has been called "throwing down" for years and started in the hip hop scene, not the hardcore scene. If you are edge you can't break, or even bend the rules. Either you're edge or you're not. It's a black and white issue, there is no grey area.

For you to say that there's nothing thought provoking in hardcore just shows how little your brainwashed little mind really knows. If you look at real punk and hardcore there are countless numbers of bands who have a had a lot to say. Take a look at Agnostic Front, Sheer Terror, Conflisct, Crass, Dead Kennedy's, Bad Religion, DOA, Defiance, etc. The list goes on and on. It sounds to me that the only things that are thought provoking are those that invoke the name of you're false God. I still say Jesus is a myth and the bible is a work of well thought out fiction. The onus of proof is not on me asshole. Prove to me your worthless cunt of a God exsits and I'll praise his name. Until that time you can take your fuckin bible and shove it right up your pretentious, priest-molested ass.

I think Slayer said it best when they said "I keep the bible in a pool of blood so that none of it's lies can affect me!"

SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 12-4-2004 at 12:27 AM

some people believe in god
some people don't
some bands will mention god in their lyrics
some bands wont
listen to what you like
don't listen to the rest

nothing said on a messageboard is going to change the way anyone thinks on this sort of matter

why is this such an on going argument?

Big Ugly

[*] posted on 12-4-2004 at 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SAAAAARS
some people don't
some bands wont
listen to what you like
don't listen to the rest

nothing said on a messageboard is going to change the way anyone thinks on this sort of matter

Because both sides fiercely believe in what they're saying and want to get their points across. Don't like it, don't read it. It's just that simple.

SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 12-5-2004 at 10:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by SAAAAARS
some people don't
some bands wont
listen to what you like
don't listen to the rest

Because both sides fiercely believe in what they're saying and want to get their points across. Don't like it, don't read it. It's just that simple.

no one ever brings up any new points or anything that makes this even the slightest bit intriguing.

what happens after you get your point across?
cause i think you/everyone has...

Newt80

[*] posted on 2-11-2005 at 03:32 PM

well i don't have anything to add...other than christian hc still sucks a fat one! hahahaha.
SmashHit518

Mood: Propaghandi

[*] posted on 2-12-2005 at 04:10 PM

Bad Brains

Smash hit? Smash it!
MENTALxRUSS

Mood: gorilla biscuits

[*] posted on 5-6-2005 at 12:36 PM

i listen to some christian hardcore like point of recognition, count the coast, and in due time... however i don't really care for any religion. good music is good music weather you choose to listen and follow the words and views shared is entirely up to you!
i do hate however going to shows and seeing christian bands preach on stage. if i wanted to see preaching i'd go to church...
instead i think that christian bands should do their thing and pray before the set and then just play the music... cause hardcore aint about trying to brain wash people or talk their fucking ear off... it's about having a good time and getting a message of what ever it maybe across through music!
and i for one love the music... whither or not i believe in the message is a different story but i love hardcore music... from fast and posi to load and tough! hardcore is just a positive way to get out some negativity... and most of all to have fun! get away from lifes stresses...
well that's my 2 cents...

your life fucking sucks your friends fucking blow! you fall for the trends and go with the flow...
you think you know it all you think you\'re pretty cute...
your phony fucking voice makes me want to puke!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top