Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Welch Boys present 2nd Annual Ron Holbrook Benefit
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-21-2009 at 01:16 AM
Welch Boys present 2nd Annual Ron Holbrook Benefit

just got this from TJ:

Hello,

The Welch Boys are playing their 2nd annual benefit for their Drummer Ron Holbrook. Ron Passed away in August of 2007.  The benefit will take place over two nights on Saturday 2/21 and Sunday 2/22 at Great Scott's ,  1222 Commonwealth Avenue in Allston. The Saturday show is 21+ and Sundays show is 18+     All proceeds go to Ronnie's two young daughters.

The Welch Boys will be headlining both nights. Bands playing the Saturday show will be Shiner 8,  Mark Lind and the Unloved (Ducky Boys), The Ashers ( members of The Unseen) , Drago ( members of Darkbuster) ,Nowhere USA, and The Bloodshot Hooligans.

The Sunday show will feature Refuse Resist, The Scars, The Spoilers, Burning Streets, the Beantown Boozehounds and  Far from Finished.

There will be an auction,  and plenty of great Boston punk rock music. The bands start up at 9:00 each night. Doors at 7:30.

The first annual benefit happened last year at Obrien's, and it was a sellout. This year, we are moving to the larger capacity Great Scott's in Allston. These nights should prove to be a great occasion to escape the February chills and celebrate the thriving underground culture that is Boston punk rock. Come celebrate our scene and contribute to a great cause.

Other news …  A brand new video for our song “ Head in the Sand” from our new cd Drinking Angry can be viewed on our MySpace page http://www.myspace.com/thewelchboys  The new cd is available on Itunes as well as most  cd stores including  Newbury Comics.

New episodes #18 and #19 of my monthly local and underground tv show Sonic Lobotomy featuring Boston punk bands Refuse Resist and The Murder,.. as well as The Bermondsey  Joyriders ( members of Cock Sparrer and Chelsea) can be viewed at www.soniclobotomy.com

Thanks for supporting Boston punk rock
Regards,  TJ Welch

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 1-21-2009 at 03:03 AM

I plan on being at both shows.

ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-21-2009 at 10:59 AM

see you there Furly.

We are doing our "cold as hell" weekend tour of ME, VT and ending in MA so we can only hit the one we are playing.

Both nights have great bands though. I am happy to be a part of it.

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
Ed

Mood: The voices in my head, telling me to do bad things.

[*] posted on 1-30-2009 at 11:43 AM

Thanks for posting this BD its going to be a great time.
Ed

[*] posted on 2-18-2009 at 12:49 AM

I am bumping this because these shows are this weekend. I dont mean to self promote, but this is a good cause because its for Rons kids. i hope some of you can make it.

upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 2-18-2009 at 10:33 AM

This hardly qualifies as self promotion. Hope all goes well and you raise lotsa dough for the kids.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-18-2009 at 06:47 PM

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-20-2009 at 10:02 AM

I'm bumping this because I don't mind self promoting at all.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-20-2009 at 11:19 AM

no need to bump, mark, we've already got it stickied at the top!

Ed

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 09:25 PM

This is the last time you guys will see this, I promise but i want to thank all you fuckers for showing up! This was huge and worked out so well, way beyond are expectations. Thanks to all the bands and people who donated there time ( Marcus Davis UFC, Thorp, Sailors grave, lucky 13, Sourpuss and The Dropkick murphys.) It was one of the best two nights we have had in a long time! Thanks again you guys are truly family to us.

Thanks again!
ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-24-2009 at 10:36 AM

I know I had a blast both nights. Thanks for having us.

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
mikeoffbase

[*] posted on 2-24-2009 at 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed
This is the last time you guys will see this, I promise but i want to thank all you fuckers for showing up! This was huge and worked out so well, way beyond are expectations. Thanks to all the bands and people who donated there time ( Marcus Davis UFC, Thorp, Sailors grave, lucky 13, Sourpuss and The Dropkick murphys.) It was one of the best two nights we have had in a long time! Thanks again you guys are truly family to us.

Thanks again!

Ed, it was a pleasure playing the show, and I'm glad we could help out. Had a blast.

Mike
(Mark Lind & The Unloved)
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-24-2009 at 11:16 AM

Glad to hear the event was a success and that everyone involved had a good time.
It's great to see so many people doing what they can to honor a friend's memory and help his family.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-6-2009 at 06:48 PM
Message from TJ...

The Welch Boys would like to thank all the bands that made our annual benefit a great success. We were able to fill the room to near capacity both nights. Seven of the best punk bands in Boston played each night... and every band rocked hard. We hope to do it all again next year.

We were able to raise almost four thousand dollars for Ron Holbrook's two young daughters. The money helps to ease their mother's struggle to raise them. She is a single parent, and Ronnie did not leave her with much when he departed. The family is very appreciative of everybodys efforts.

The Welch boys would also like to extend the deepest thanks to the staff of Great Scott in Allston..... To booking agent Carl Lavin, sound man Reed, and the bartenders. Thanks for making this easy.

We would also like to thank the Dropkick Murphys, Sourpuss clothing, Lucky 13 clothing, and Marcus "the Irish Hand Grenade" for their contributions.

Go To Top