Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 114 degrees!
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

thumbdown.gif posted on 1-27-2009 at 11:38 PM
114 degrees!

It's topped 45.5C out here today, 114F and we're not even at the hottest time of day yet.

Yesterday we reached a 5 year high of 43.2C/109.76F at around 3pm. We beat that by 11am this morning.

Day 2 of the 5 days heatwave, each one supposed to break 40. Enjoy your snow days you lucky bastards.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 11:45 PM

I, I am speechless. St Lious is sending us some crazy snowstorm tonight. We are supposed to expect about a foot of the white stuff. Its in the single digits.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 1-28-2009 at 12:21 AM

You boys are acting like it's 120 degrees...Hell, it can't be more than 114!

Sorry, as soon as I saw that I thought of Blazing Saddles.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-28-2009 at 02:43 AM

I just found out they have extended the forecast. Looks like it's going to be over 40 degrees for 6 days straight, possibly more.

Last year was 15 days over 35 degrees, maybe 4 or 5 over 40 spread across that run. This is 6 days straigth over 40, fuck all cool change at night.

My power bill is going to be massive. Atleast I don't need to work in it, 1 benefit of being unemployed. The trains can't run today, tracks are all warped from the heat and I got no car or license to drive one here.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-28-2009 at 07:39 AM

Watched the news, they showed in the sun in the middle of the city the temp was actually over 50C/122F. The 114F was in the shade somewhere but street temps cracked 50 degrees. Imagine how hot buses would be in this shit, especially with trains down (easily peak hour trains carry 200-400 passengers each every 10 minutes on 1 line alone)

CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 1-28-2009 at 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
I, I am speechless. St Lious is sending us some crazy snowstorm tonight. We are supposed to expect about a foot of the white stuff. Its in the single digits.

You are welcome my friend. People in STL FREAK at the thought of snow. It is crazy. We were supposed to sign my daughter up for kindergarten two days ago but school has been canceled. Hopefully tomorrow.

I have shoveled my driveway which is wicked steep the past three mornings. My dog has been loving it. He runs around while I shovel the little bastard.

Go To Top