Author: Subject: interview with Ian from BFB
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 2-22-2009 at 10:36 PM
interview with Ian from BFB

http://www.hardtimes.ca/bloodforblood09

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 2-22-2009 at 11:57 PM

That was really good, thanks Josh. I don't know any of these dudes and don't know what happend so I have no opinion to share on the actual subject one way or another. I will say I wish these dudes would get together again and write, record and tour.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 12:31 AM

Definitely wish they could work shit out. A B4B/WIC tour would be fuckin killer.
MarkV

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 12:41 AM

Even if they "got back together" or did another record, you'll never see another BFB "tour." They barely toured when they were together and a functioning band. I wouldn't count on seeing anything more than 1 or 2 shows, if there were ever any.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 12:42 AM

Good interview and cool site. Thanks for the post.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 01:14 AM

Thanks for posting this.

Quote:
Originally posted by barc0debaby
Definitely wish they could work shit out. A B4B/WIC tour would be fuckin killer.

If this happened.....Fuck. I don't even know what to say.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 01:26 AM

i listened to serenity on friday for the first time in probably two years.
forgot how much i liked that record.
i know some people didn't like the direction...
cool to hear that the band (ok, ian) is still happy with it.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 01:46 AM

Outlaw Anthems is my favorite closely followed by Livin' In Exile. "Anthems" just starts and doesn't fucking stop.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 03:11 AM

I watched it on Myspace and it stopped half way through and wouldn't play the last 10-12 minutes. Will give it another shot off Hardtimes site but the ads were bugging the shit out of me.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 04:59 AM

That was really good. Much as they still seem to have some obvious issues to work out, it sounds like all those guys have gotten their lives straightened out. It'd be cool to see them work out the personal things since I'd love to hear BFB take on the more mature attitude towards things they all seem to have now, but hell... that's up to them and will probably take a lot of time. Though in the seemingly BFB way of doing things, I could see them coming out of nowhere with a new album in a decade, long after everyone has lost interest and moved on to very different points in life.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 09:03 AM

It would be a bullshit if they can't get back together. They had so much and the door was open for them to really kick ass. I remember the first 7"and lp. Form the beginning they were rad and in my opinion just kept getting better. Most bands do the opposite, but B4B were different. One of the last shows I felt the need for old fat ass to go off and mosh my tuckis off. I had that feeling in 2002 to rock out like I was a youngin again. They just have that emotional quality to the tunes.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Mickey

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 10:20 AM

All band shit aside, it just sucks bacause these guys were such good friends. I wish they could just get thier heads out of thier asses and grab a bite to eat and work some shit out. Then see where it takes them. BFB will probably play some show in some time, but they will never be a full time band. They shared a lot of good times on the road...ask Ian to post the video of them lip syncing "safety dance"....hilarious, and you can tell they genuinely enjoyed being around each other. Thier story isn't done yet.

I'm ok with people not liking me
MarkV

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 12:53 PM

The Safety Dance is pure comic genius.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 12:58 PM

someone get this please.

CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 01:48 PM

I can't get the page to load. Can anyone post this link to the vid?
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 06:32 PM

I watched 5 minutes of that. That band doesn't exist anymore because that time and place is over. As for the comments about Rob...... when your band is about spitting in society's face and living on the fringes of society and you reap the benefits of that image then you can't hate the guy for DOING EXACTLY WHAT HIS LYRICS SAY HE DOES. Which is it? Is he your golden boy bread winner or the guy that spoils everything for you? It's the same guy so I guess it's a matter of which suits you.... the angel or the demon.

Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
The Safety Dance is pure comic genius.

Agreed.

MarkV

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
That was really good. Much as they still seem to have some obvious issues to work out, it sounds like all those guys have gotten their lives straightened out. It'd be cool to see them work out the personal things since I'd love to hear BFB take on the more mature attitude towards things they all seem to have now, but hell... that's up to them and will probably take a lot of time. Though in the seemingly BFB way of doing things, I could see them coming out of nowhere with a new album in a decade, long after everyone has lost interest and moved on to very different points in life.

To somewhat echo Mark's sentiments, those facts are kind of the reason why the band shouldn't really exist. To me, BFB isn't about straightened out lives and maturity (not insinuating they were immature) and wouldn't really want to see something forced. Even Serenity, to me, wasn't really a BFB record. Not saying it was bad, but it was a decidedly different direction and time and place. I'd love to hear more music from all of the guys in the future, but I don't necessarily want it to be BFB.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
me, BFB isn't about straightened out lives and maturity (not insinuating they were immature) and wouldn't really want to see something forced. Even Serenity, to me, wasn't really a BFB record. Not saying it was bad, but it was a decidedly different direction and time and place. I'd love to hear more music from all of the guys in the future, but I don't necessarily want it to be BFB.

I always saw the albums as evolving musically but more importantly lyrically. What started as a lot of anger and hatred at the world and everything around eventually morphed into an attempt to understand the general situation of the world around you. Serenity is a bridge between the immediate world and the bigger picture, which I think Ramallah really hit on in a way that's seriously missing in hardcore/punk rock/society/fill-in-blank these days. There's good point on the interviews on the Serenity CD where Rob says something like " [...] was a suicide note, [...] was definitely a suicide note, on [...] we started asking why we kept writing suicide notes, and then [...]" and I think that captures the evolution pretty well. That said, both of the Marks have personal ties to the situation that I certainly don't, and I mainly just feel like BFB kept evolving in a way that kept them very relevant to my own stages of development.

Oh, and I would absolutely love it if Rob did the acoustic album that was rumored years ago to be in the works.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
MarkV

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 08:20 PM

That makes total sense to me. I don't necessarily agree, although, it has been a long time since I listened to Serenity.
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
I watched 5 minutes of that. That band doesn't exist anymore because that time and place is over. As for the comments about Rob...... when your band is about spitting in society's face and living on the fringes of society and you reap the benefits of that image then you can't hate the guy for DOING EXACTLY WHAT HIS LYRICS SAY HE DOES. Which is it? Is he your golden boy bread winner or the guy that spoils everything for you? It's the same guy so I guess it's a matter of which suits you.... the angel or the demon.

1000% agree.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 08:41 PM

Bottom line in my opinion is that B4B was a band that kicked ass. Outside influence or internal seemed to be its downfall. It happens all the time. Especially what its a band of there magnitude, emotion and intensity. It would be great if they can work it out, but if not they left a huge imprint.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 08:56 PM

...they're one of the bands that i was listening to quite a bit while going through serious crappy shit over the years and probably helped get me though it all on way or another.
I'd love to see Rob do some new music, be it with them , or whatever.
But as mark & mark said
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-23-2009 at 11:33 PM

Havnt watched the interview yet.

Serenity is one of BFB's finest records. I was a huge fan of that direction and would have loved to hear what would have come next.

BFB/WIC tour would be incredible.

Their music and lyrics are timeless. I rank them with the likes of Sick Of It All. Where you never really outgrow them, theyre music stays with you. With each new album they stayed relevant. I feel that would still be the case. Rob and Buddha are one of the most powerful duo's I've ever heard. Not just in Hardcore, I mean period.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-24-2009 at 07:56 AM

the holy trinity of hardcore:
the Father: Sheer Terror
the son: Blood for Blood
The holy spirit: Wisdom in Chains.....
off to work i go
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top