Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Anybody else excited bout Faith No More Reunion
WINTHESKIN

[*] posted on 3-5-2009 at 05:57 PM
Anybody else excited bout Faith No More Reunion

I am but i wish Jim was doin it with them

FAITH NO MORE bassist Bill Gould has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"FAITH NO MORE has always stood out as some sort of unique beast; part dog, part cat — its music almost as schizophrenic as the personalities of its members. When it all worked, it worked really well, even if the chemistry was always volatile.

"Throughout our 17 years of existence, the mental and physical energy required to sustain this creature was considerable and relentless. Though amicable enough, when we finally split, we all followed paths seemingly destined to opposite ends of the universe. Yet during the entire 10 years that have passed since our decision to break up we've experienced constant rumors and requests from fans and promoters alike. Nevertheless, for whatever reason, none of us kept in regular touch, much less to discuss any possibilities of getting together.

"What's changed is that this year, for the first time, we've all decided to sit down together and talk about it. And what we've discovered is that time has afforded us enough distance to look back on our years together through a clearer lens and made us realize that through all the hard work, the music still sounds good, and we are beginning to appreciate the fact that we might have actually done something right. Meanwhile, we find ourselves at a moment in time with zero label obligations, still young and strong enough to deliver a kick-ass set, with enthusiasm to not only revisit our past but possibly add something to the present. And so with this we've decided to hold our collective breaths and jump off this cliff.... BACK, GOD FORBID, INTO THE MONKEY CAGE!!!

"We can only hope that the experience of playing together again will yield results erratic and unpredictable enough to live up to the legacy of FNM.

"Who knows where this will end or what it will bring up... only the future knows. But we are about to find out!"

FAITH NO MORE 2009 is:

Mike Bordin - Drums
Roddy Bottum - Keyboards
Bill Gould - Bass
Jon Hudson - Guitar
Mike Patton - Vocals

Patton's publicist told MTV News that FAITH NO MORE was playing in Europe only, with no North American dates scheduled.

The exact dates and countries have yet to be confirmed.

Although it was rumored that FAITH NO MORE would headline California's Coachella festival in mid-April, only Patton is performing at the event.

As previously reported, a source close to guitarist Jim Martin, who was in FAITH NO MORE from 1983 until 1993, told BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the axeman expressed interest in taking part in the reunion after being recently contacted by keyboardist Roddy Bottum and a member of FAITH NO MORE's management team, but that the band ultimately decided to utilize Hudson for the upcoming dates.

Martin left FAITH NO MORE in 1993 due to "internal conflicts" and was replaced by FNM singer Mike Patton's MR. BUNGLE bandmate Trey Spruance. Trey also exited soon after recording 1995's "King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime", just before the band was to begin a world tour. Spruance was replaced by Dean Menta, the band's guitar roadie. FAITH NO MORE's final studio CD, "Album of the Year", was released in 1997 and featured yet another new guitarist, Jon Hudson, who was a former roommate of Billy Gould.

I never liked Farakhan cause he called me the devil,and I never liked Hitler cause he said I was god.
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 3-5-2009 at 06:02 PM

i don´t care about them.

defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-5-2009 at 06:03 PM

Would go if they played the states, but it seems like they are not into it...
damn you euros
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 3-5-2009 at 06:12 PM

if you want to earn some money with a weak reunion, come and play germany. it always works.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-5-2009 at 06:29 PM

I think I remember seeing Roddy Bottum on an episode of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? And it wasn't a "celebrity" edition, which made it seem like he was a washed up musician who didn't save anything from his time being famous.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-5-2009 at 06:30 PM

I was wrong...

Their former drummer, Mike Bordin who co-fouded the band, has been a part of Ozzy’s touring band for quite a while now. The best random trivia on him is his appearance on “Who Wants to be a Millionaire!” ?Now that’s random!

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
MarkV

[*] posted on 3-5-2009 at 06:37 PM

That dude gets PAID, too. He was Korn's hired gun drummer for years, too.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 3-5-2009 at 06:38 PM

Ya that drummer played with OZZY and supposedly filled in with FILTER. I think he toured with another band but I can't think of the name. Also, really, why do this. This band really only has like 2 original members. Telling the guitarist with the crazy hair that he is not allowed is pretty shitty. Especially since he was in it when they kicked most ass.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-5-2009 at 06:48 PM

I paid $25 to see these guys OPEN for Metallica and Guns N' Roses in 1992. Chances are it would be $40 now to see just them play if they even do any US shows. Efff that.

gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-5-2009 at 06:58 PM

i can not possibly express my hatred for this band

you come at the king....you best not miss
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-5-2009 at 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gavin
i can not possibly express my hatred for this band

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 3-5-2009 at 07:38 PM

Mike Borland played some shows with Black Sabbath too. On that Oz Fest tour that they did Mike played on nights that Bill Ward was to tired/old.

I really liked Faith No More back around the Angel Dust record and saw them at Rocky Point Park with Helmet & Sepultura. Not sure if I would go see them if they toured no though.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 3-5-2009 at 07:58 PM

Hahaha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOq1sNm_6Xs

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
MarkV

[*] posted on 3-5-2009 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Ya that drummer played with OZZY and supposedly filled in with FILTER. I think he toured with another band but I can't think of the name. Also, really, why do this. This band really only has like 2 original members. Telling the guitarist with the crazy hair that he is not allowed is pretty shitty. Especially since he was in it when they kicked most ass.

Actually, critically speaking, it's Angel Dust and the records after that are what cemented FNM's "legacy." Patton joined after Real Thing was written, and he took control shortly after. If he hadn't taken over, they'd be looked at in the same light as someone like Fishbone now. The line up that's reuniting was the band for the last 2-3 records. Martin wasn't in the band for the last 5 or so years from what I remember.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 3-6-2009 at 12:00 AM

Look I know diehard FNM fans feel that ANGELDUST is the be all record but REALTHING was the it record for them. Everything else was less than appreciated by the public. Meaning what brought that band fans and celebrity was around 89-90-91. How many vids did you see for anything after that record?

Keep in mind i am not saying that makes the band but if your going to "reunion" I would think it would it would........O fuck I don't even give a shit. I never got into them. I even saw them play back in 1990 and SPUDMONSTERS opened. FNM played a MADONNA song. I remember back then everyone was claiming they sucked because they didn't have the original black singer anymore. Fuck that band had more revolving members than a Chinese massage parlor.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
MarkV

[*] posted on 3-6-2009 at 12:49 AM

Real Thing was their "big record," commercially speaking, but Angel Dust was also pretty big and had two pretty well known singles and videos. They had We Care A Lot before Real Thing and had Angel Dust not happened, they'd have been known as just another funk punk RHCP knock off with a couple of "hits."

If you think about it, Patton's post FNM projects draw pretty much as FNM did, which I think is a testament to Patton's following, as opposed to FNM's directly. He's essentially developed a cottage industry, which is more based on where he took FNM post "Epic."

As far as members go, have they really had THAT many? 1 drummer, 1 bassist, 1 keyboard, 4 guitarists (one of which was just a touring guy) and two singers, I think, right? Compared to most hardcore and punk bands, that's actually not that many.
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-6-2009 at 12:53 AM

I dig FNM but cant seem me hitting up any shows if they play the states.

Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 3-6-2009 at 08:38 AM

i could care less if these guys got back together

MikeFromInhuman
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-6-2009 at 10:29 AM

Hope it comes to America!

5 nights in NYC should do it :)

Saw FNM in: 1990, 1992 and 1995

mattybar

[*] posted on 3-6-2009 at 01:30 PM

was never a huge fan of these guys but i know a lot of people who are very excited about this.

'midlife crisis' and 'everything's ruined' are kinda cool but the keyboards always ruined them for me.
just made them sound really cheesy.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 3-6-2009 at 07:16 PM

HUGE fan!!!! This is awesome, I saw them a few times back in the day and would love to see them again.

Go To Top