Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: ebay question?
sippers

Mood: face value-the price of maturity

[*] posted on 3-8-2009 at 04:05 PM
ebay question?

i won a bid today and recieved an invoice from seller with $4.00 shipping.then i recieve a message saying shipping is $15.00 the item is in florida..the seller has 0 feedback i usually avoid 0 feedback but it was something i really wanted..you guys think he's being legit or what?

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 3-8-2009 at 04:15 PM

whats the item? Should it cost $15 to ship it to you?

Does he have any negative feedback? Sometimes a person can have ZERO, but they got like 3 negatives and then 3 postive to even it out.

If you do go through with it use paypal through the eBay invoice because that will be the best protection for you.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-8-2009 at 04:46 PM

Email him first and ask why the sudden change in the amount. If he gives you a legit reason for the hike, decide for yourself. If he's a dick about it, tell him to fuck off and report him to ebay and give them copies of the two invoices.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 3-8-2009 at 04:51 PM

Did the item specify the shipping rate before you bid? If so, he can't up and change it after the bidding closed.

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 3-8-2009 at 11:01 PM

What these two guys just said ^

Don't let him dick you around, it's pretty easy to turn him in to ebay and let them deal with his shit, I've had to do it before. People think that they can be semi-anonymous on there and just screw people over because most people just never question shit, but there's no reason you need to put up with it. As was said though, if that seems like a fair price for shipping this item and you think it's possibly just a screw up by a new seller and not an attempt to screw you over, then it's your call. Definitely sounds fishy from what you've told us so far though...

Veritas odium parit
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 3-9-2009 at 12:05 AM

Contact him and see the reason and be cool, but like Ironiron said don't let him dick you around. If its something big or heavy it may be a honest mistake on hid part when listing it. If he's trying to get more money from you then say I no longer want it and to avoid negative feedback on both our ends we(you and him) should just walk away. IF he blasts you then report his ass.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
sippers

[*] posted on 3-9-2009 at 10:29 AM

i got it squared away with him.he said it was a mistake..i was just getiing fishy for a second there i thought he was trying to make up on a low bid for the item..its all good i'm a happy camper..for those nerds i picked up a soia s/t gillman on the cheap in my opinion definately seen it wasy higher.he had it listed as a first pressing then later on listed it at a 4th pressing..looks like a gillman to me,and by the rev pressing info...

sippers

[*] posted on 3-13-2009 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sippers
i got it squared away with him.he said it was a mistake..i was just getiing fishy for a second there i thought he was trying to make up on a low bid for the item..its all good i'm a happy camper..for those nerds i picked up a soia s/t gillman on the cheap in my opinion definately seen it wasy higher.he had it listed as a first pressing then later on listed it at a 4th pressing..looks like a gillman to me,and by the rev pressing info...

what is the policy of using a stock photos on ebay?i can understand on some items but on collectables its a load of shit..the soia 7" pictured above was the photo the seller listed,but what i actually got was a 4th press..he orig listed it as a 1st press then with 2 days left relisted it as a 4th with the same photo..now i'm pist cause i paid too much for a record i already own..i guess thats what i get from buying from a buyer with 0 feedback//:grind:

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-13-2009 at 11:40 AM

my first thought is that you should have cancelled your bid as soon as he changed it to 4th press.
assuming you saw the change before the auction end.

have you paid yet?
if so, do you have it yet?
did you pay through paypal?

if you haven't paid, don't.
tell him you're not paying, and contact ebay about the scam.

if you have, try to return it and get a refund.

if you can't do that and you paid via paypal, file a complaint with them or have your credit card company reverse the charge.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
sippers

[*] posted on 3-13-2009 at 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
my first thought is that you should have cancelled your bid as soon as he changed it to 4th press.
assuming you saw the change before the auction end.

have you paid yet?
if so, do you have it yet?
did you pay through paypal?

if you haven't paid, don't.
tell him you're not paying, and contact ebay about the scam.

if you have, try to return it and get a refund.

if you can't do that and you paid via paypal, file a complaint with them or have your credit card company reverse the charge.

i paid for it and recieved the item overall im not happy with it he said it was mint and far from being mint as well had finger prints and writing on the label,and light scratches.i've talked with him but does'nt sound like he's gonna work with me on it cause he listed it as a 4th in the final days..i've never had this happen before alays recieved what i saw listed kinda shitty...

SHAKO KEN

Mood: cynic

[*] posted on 3-13-2009 at 12:05 PM

the condition alone is a reason to demand a refund and if he won't do that open a dispute in paypal or leave negative feedback. as far as i know sellers can't give negative feedback anymore so you probably won't have to worry about retaliatory feedback.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-13-2009 at 12:52 PM

ken's right.
if he won't refund your money, open a complaint w/ ebay & paypal.
if paypal can't resolve it, work w/ your credit card co.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
sippers

[*] posted on 3-13-2009 at 01:25 PM

thanks guys i've used ebay for about 10 yrs now,and never once had to file a dispute..i should've known not to deal with 0 feedback seller never again..

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 3-13-2009 at 01:27 PM

Drop him a line stating you are not happy and demand your money back. Tell him. Exact words.

"I HAVE A EXCELLENT REPUTATION WITH EBAY AND IT IS VERY IMPORTANT I KEEP IT THAT WAY. I NOTICED YOU HAVE A GREAT REPUTATION AS WELL AND I AM SURE YOU VALUE THAT. TO AVOID ANY NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON MY BEHALF OR YOURS LETS REFUND MY MONEY AND I WILL SEND YOUR RECORD BACK. I NEVER WOULD HAVE BID ON IT HAD I KNOWN IT WAS NOT THE FIRST PRESSING LIKE YOU STATED. WE CAN WALK AWAY WITHOUT ISSUE ONCE I AM REFUNDED."

That should work.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
sippers

[*] posted on 3-13-2009 at 05:41 PM

well i'm glad i did'nt jump the gun and be a dick..i worked out a deal with the seller,and he's sending me a blind approach restless nights ep as well..thanks for all the advoice guys i think i'm gonna stick around this board for awhile..the txhc board is driving me nuts these day damn kids have no respect..i hope you guys can handle my sensless vinyl posts,and i know my drunk rants will fit right in..i've lurked this board for awhile post here and ther,but this board is the best..

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-14-2009 at 12:50 AM

glad things worked out with the seller.

glad to have ya back on the board, too.

Go To Top