Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: John Joseph & Jaws Interviews + 518 Show List
bystanderfanzine.com

[*] posted on 3-11-2009 at 01:54 PM
John Joseph & Jaws Interviews + 518 Show List

John Joseph recently did a short spoken word tour which came to Albany, NY. His book, Evolution of a Cro-Magnon, is an excellent oral history of NYC in the 70s and 80s. It chronicles a life in the system and on the streets. My friend Shane and I interviewed John and Danny Illchuck [Roughish Armament and Bad Brains] after Joseph’s performance at the Linda Norris Auditorium. We discussed life, politics, the state of the world, the current hardcore scene, and of course, the Cro-Mags. By far my favorite interview to date—John is the real deal.

http://bystanderfanzine.com/theboard/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82...

Jaws is a collection of some of the most talented musicians in NY's Capital Region. Thier sound is reminiscent of Converges’ Jane Doe, loud and heavy. There live show is energetic, while the music is played flawlessly. If you haven’t given a chance I would suggest going to there myspace page and checking them out. I corresponded with Ryan and Chuck via e-mail for this interview. We discuss their former bands experience (Endicot) on EVR, the varying shades of the bands skin tone, DIY shows, and Chuck’s feet.

http://bystanderfanzine.com/theboard/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=80...

Albany Shows:

3/10 DROPKICK MURPHYS, H2O, Civet @ Northern Lights. 7:30pm / $27

3/12 MASSHYSTERI(SWEDEN), Nuclear Family, Secret Service, Pointblank. 8PM Valentine's/$7

3/13 BACK TRACK, INCENDIARY, GHOST HUNT, 3 WORD CHANT @ Valentines 8pm/ $8

3/14 STIGMA, MURDERER'S ROW, BULLDOG COURAGE, NY TRAINWRECK, DEATH IS EASY@ Bogies $10 / 8pm / 18+

3/18 BANE, CRUEL HAND, END OF A YEAR, TRANSITIONS @ Valentines. 8pm / $12

3/21 HAVE HEART, POLAR BEAR CLUB, TRAPPED UNDER ICE,GAINING GROUND(cd release show) & CALEB LIONHEART @ The Shelter Skatepark. 8pm / $12

3/22 - Unrestrained, Infidels, Casting Curses - 27 Lincoln Ave - 5pm - $5

3/23 Bulldog Courage, Suburban Smash and Coughing Fit @ Valentines 8pm/ $5

3/25 SUFFERING BASTARD ,FUCKING MESS, TINSEL TEETH, MARIJAUNA MOUNTAIN @ Oddfellows Hall
7PM $5

3/26 ITALIAN HARDCORE FEAT. LA CRISI, STRENGTH APPROACH, AFTER THE FALL, COUGHING FIT, ONE WIN CHOICE @ LANDING ZONE 7PM $8

APRIL:

4/1 AGNOSTIC FRONT, Ruiner, Brick By Brick & BDC Valentine’s * 7:30pm * 16+ Tickets $12 ad/$14 door

4/2 THE QUEERS, CUTE LEPERS, POISON ARROWS, AFTER THE FALL, CHLORINE @ Valentines 7pm/ $10

4/11 MONGOLOIDS, MOTHER OF MERCY. @ the landing zone. more info tba soon

4/14 FULL BLOWN CHAOS, BROTHER VON DOOM, CONQUEROR, XTHE WARX, ELITE @ Bogies 7pm showtime / $10 /16+

4/18 THE MEATMEN, CHAPSTIK, SOCIETY HIGH, BUZZARD @ Valentines. 8pm / $12

4/22 - MDC, Mouth Sewn Shut, Anal Warhead, Embrace the Kill - Landing Zone - 7pm - $9

4/25 Fundraiser for Out of the Pits Pitbull Rescue Feat. RIVAL MOB, FINAL FRIDAY, COUGHING FIT, MARIJUANA MOUNTAIN, More TBA @ The Landing Zone

MAY:

5/2 After the Fall - Fort Orange Record Release Show!!! with THIEVES AND ASSASSINS,LEGIT !, FOREIGN OBJECTS @ Valentines. 7pm/ $8

5/15 CHEECH, WORD FOR WORD, FEW AND PROUD, GAINING GROUND, NY TRAINWRECK, DEAD STUFF @ Valentines. 6:30pm / $10

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-11-2009 at 07:07 PM

JJ interview was really good.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.

Go To Top