Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ok
Enyo

[*] posted on 3-13-2009 at 08:49 PM
Ok

I am going to Weight Watchers tomorrow. I feel ridiculously gay for doing it, but the time has come for me to admit that I need outside help. So yeah.. since I have no one else to tell. I'm posting it here. ;)
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 3-13-2009 at 09:30 PM

Good luck!
Enyo

[*] posted on 4-7-2009 at 08:17 PM

- 3.8 :D
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 4-7-2009 at 09:22 PM

fuck i have to lose some weight, sitting at a desk all day, isnt helping me at all.....

Enyo

[*] posted on 4-7-2009 at 10:07 PM

Dave- WW is super easy. They have online tools that help you track your points and exercise. I actually didn't end up starting until last tuesday. I kept saying I was going to go Sat morning, but never could seem to get up early enough.

So far, I'm pretty happy with it. You can eat basically anything you want. you get a certain number of points per day and then extra points to splurge with on the weekend or whatever.
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 4-8-2009 at 09:37 AM

i don't think i could ever do any organized weight thingy, i think ill just start riding my bike after work a couple times a week, when i get home from work, and then portion control my meal sizes... it's not that i eat bad, i just eat too much of it...:duh:

ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-8-2009 at 10:35 AM

this friend of mine lost 60 lbs FAST with it. She looks awesome. I wish I could do a routine thing, but I am more comfortable with chaos.

good luck, I know a lot of people who succeed well with it.

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
Enyo

[*] posted on 4-13-2009 at 05:55 PM

Thanks Shawn!

Well.. I was UP .4 this week. That is TOTAL BULLSHIT. I followed the freaking plan and even ate LESS that I was supposed too.

I *think* it might be due to PMS, but I don't keep track so I don't know exactly when I'm due. Damn it!!!

I'm totally bummed about this. But I will continue on and hope that next week is better. :sigh:
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-13-2009 at 06:00 PM

don't let it get you down
ww is a long term process
there'll be ups and downs
i know a few people that have had tremendous success w/ ww.
in fact, i think jason (from our board) did it.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-13-2009 at 06:18 PM

Don't eat "less", it messes up the formula. But, my Wii Fit tells me you can gain and lose up to 2 lbs a day, so don't be discouraged.

Quote:
Originally posted by Enyo
Thanks Shawn!

Well.. I was UP .4 this week. That is TOTAL BULLSHIT. I followed the freaking plan and even ate LESS that I was supposed too.

I *think* it might be due to PMS, but I don't keep track so I don't know exactly when I'm due. Damn it!!!

I'm totally bummed about this. But I will continue on and hope that next week is better. :sigh:

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
Enyo

[*] posted on 4-13-2009 at 08:22 PM

You guys are sooo sweet. :)

I'm not giving up. Just frustrated.

Shawn- it was only a little less. ;)
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-14-2009 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnRefuse
Don't eat "less", it messes up the formula. But, my Wii Fit tells me you can gain and lose up to 2 lbs a day, so don't be discouraged.

Quote:
Thanks Shawn!

Fucking WiiFit man... that thing is such an asshole. Always telling me I'm overweight and giving my Mii huge hips. What the hell? Not to mention, if you haven't been on it for a while... it harasses anyone else using the damn thing about you not showing up to work out...

Anyways, Enyo, keep at it. I'm sure it'll pay off, I've heard tons of good about this program.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2009 at 04:28 PM

Ok I was on a work trip and just saw this. Yes, I used WW and went from 265 to 190 in about 14-15 months. Do not worry about .4lb difference, that could be a big fart...it doesn't mean anything and you're not going to see a meaningful result after a couple weeks. Any weight loss in that period of time is going to be water weight anyway.

That kind of weight is lost on "diets" and gained back when you stop. WW is a progressive change of eating habits and the only way you're ever going to gain the weight back is if yous top eating like you should be on the plan. Don't skip out on points, they're there for you to eat not to cheat yourself on to try and rush results and "bad" weight loss. It's going to take time but once you do start dropping you will steadily KEEP dropping, once in a while you'll plateu...stick with it and eventually you'll start shedding again.

Eat your points and exercise.

I got kind of complacent with the plan and know the amount of points I need and havent really been keeping track so I bounce up and down between 190 to 195 but I still do cardio 3-5 times a week and maintain that range. I really wanted to hit 180, lowest I got was 187, but I like beer too much and exercise too little to hit that I think.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-15-2009 at 05:26 PM

did you take before and after photos of yourself?
i've been so big for so long, i can't imagine what me sans 50 pounds would look like.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2009 at 06:14 PM

I didn't take before and afters for that purpose but my engagement and wedding photos are of me in full good year mode and always around...because of the nature of the pics. So those serve as a nice reminder.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 4-23-2009 at 09:05 PM

Quote:
You guys are sooo sweet. :)

I'm not giving up. Just frustrated.

Shawn- it was only a little less. ;)

I'm so proud of you. Taking on this challenge is a long and frustrating (at times) road. When you realize all the health benefits you are paid back 100 fold. You can do this and you should be so proud of yourself!
Enyo

[*] posted on 4-25-2009 at 03:47 PM

(hugs) CR83- you are so nice to say that!

This week has been crazy what with becoming a first time mommy and all, but I think I'm still down a little. I haven't weighed and I didn't have anyone to watch M so I couldn't go to my WW meeting. But Tuesday is my meeting day and I'll be going this week and getting back on track. I haven't been eating hardly anything (stress) but I haven't been counting points at all either.

CR83

[*] posted on 4-28-2009 at 10:12 PM

Quote:
(hugs) CR83- you are so nice to say that!

This week has been crazy what with becoming a first time mommy and all, but I think I'm still down a little. I haven't weighed and I didn't have anyone to watch M so I couldn't go to my WW meeting. But Tuesday is my meeting day and I'll be going this week and getting back on track. I haven't been eating hardly anything (stress) but I haven't been counting points at all either.

Enyo, get your ass back on track. You can do it Bud. We are all watching you know ;-)
Enyo

[*] posted on 4-28-2009 at 11:40 PM

I went to my meeting today and....... drum roll.... down 6.6 in 2 weeks!! I have now reached the 10 pound loss mark!! WOOP WOOP!!!

:D

CR83

[*] posted on 4-29-2009 at 07:37 PM

That is incredible! I hope you feel great about your accomplishment!!!!
Enyo

[*] posted on 4-29-2009 at 08:33 PM

Ha! I can only feel but so proud because it is 100% due to stress. I haven't been eating or sleeping. I live on nicotine and caffiene. I feel like I'm about 10 minutes from a massive heart attack.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-2-2009 at 08:01 PM

Chiming in late, but... don't let minor weight gain when you "stop eating" bother you too much. The body's way of responding to too little food is to grab onto calories that are there, which means your metabolism slows, you bloat and don't burn calories as fast. The extreme example is seeing kids who are starving but look like fat little pudgy bastards, but it's because the body slows so much to take advantage of all remaining energy that under-fed kids look fat. Just stick to the plan, and only allow yourself to fluctuate within reasonable bounds. But starvation is neither the short-term nor long-term solution.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.

Go To Top