Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Earth Crisis for anyone interested
WINTHESKIN

[*] posted on 3-22-2009 at 06:04 PM
New Earth Crisis for anyone interested

i know most of you guys don't dig em but for those who do
http://strenghtcrew.blogspot.com/2009/03/earth-crisis-to-dea...

I never liked Farakhan cause he called me the devil,and I never liked Hitler cause he said I was god.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 3-22-2009 at 07:47 PM

Thanks!
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-23-2009 at 10:42 AM

Cool, saves me some bank on an album I may not be all that psyched about! Thanks!

MarkV

[*] posted on 3-24-2009 at 05:40 PM

Says it's password protected?
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2009 at 06:20 PM

The pass is on the blog website. I think for mediafire it's "strenght" Weird.

My thoughts, meh. Generic in so many ways. Better than Slither, not as good as Gommorah's Season Ends, IMO, which isn't even remotely my favorite of their albums. It's probably just above Slither, in that regard.

Pretty ballsy, however, for them to take their sound in another new-ish direction for them as a comeback album instead of going to a more classic ExC sound like Destroy The Machines or, strangely enough, Breed the Killers.

bombidol
Posting Freak

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 01:16 PM

Hate to be the voice of reason on something like this lads but its not cool to post links to illegal downloads of albums. ESPECIALLY on an official record label message board. I'm all for tasting an album before you buy, but if yer dealing with small genre like HC or whatever every record sale counts. Just saying its a little in poor taste to do this on Thorps forum as it could get them in the shit.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 01:50 PM

Would never want to bring shit upon THORP ever. But seriously, those that want it will buy the release. I know I will. Those that will not can jam it out until they either A. say they hate it but then listen and realize they rock and will go buy it. Or B. hate it and will never listen to again. Either way, I think its ok to do this. Legal issues aside of course. I think it helps them out eventually. You go to admit many on this board were never going to get it anyway.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
bombidol
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 02:38 PM

No such thing as "legal issues aside" really, that's the be all and end of issue. What this is, its illegal. Doesn't matter what our personal feelings are towards the label or band. If someone wants it they know where to find it, doesn't have to be rubbed in Century medias face and lower the moral tone of the forum. Again, its not my place. I don't work for Thorp/SG and im not a moderator so I have zero call or pull on this, just my opinion. If Thorp are happy having illegal downloads of bands posted on their forum then that's their call. I just think this is the shit that's killing labels and bands in the long run. Its never going to be stopped but it doesn't have to be ignored or condoned.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 02:59 PM

There have been easily a dozen threads with links directly to music blogs providing illegal downloads of hundreds of records.

bombidol
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 03:03 PM

Yeah I know, I just find it weird that they are posted. And before anyone asks, no I dont really like EC

barc0debaby
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 04:18 PM

I thought for some reason this particular one just rubbed you the wrong way. This was my first time listening to EC and although I deleted it shortly after downloading. You do make some good points but I hate being disappointed when I spend what little money I have on a record and it turns out to be a turd. Prime example...I had Means to an End and Urban Discipline for a while, legally purchased andthought well those are good so the next time I was at the record store I grabbed Mata Leao.

Lesson learned.
bombidol
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 05:06 PM

I totally get you man theres nothing worse than payin for what turns out to be shit. But thats what lastfm and myspace and label websites are for at the end of the day. No ones ever going to stop downloading, I just think its bad form to do it on a labels website. Shit would get real if someone linked to a download site full of Thorp/SG releases on here, shouldn't really be a double standard.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bombidol
Shit would get real if someone linked to a download site full of Thorp/SG releases on here, shouldn't really be a double standard.

Not looking to argue at all, but it's been done. Links to sites with Thorp/SG and Ruktion (mattybar pointed that one out). I do remember BD removing a link to the last DKM album when it came out though... not so much for legal reasons, but for the guys in the band.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
bombidol
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 07:37 PM

Ah im not lookin to argue at all myself, its not my place. I just dont think stuff like this should be up on labels forums its just defeating the point of having a label to begin with .

barc0debaby
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 08:20 PM

I've noticed a few bands putting up the entire release for a couple weeks or so once it comes out, which I think is perfect.
WINTHESKIN

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 09:24 PM

Bombidol sorry if you feel this way,but the way i look at it is that i have been going to and buying hardcore music since i was 12 years old in 87.I own over 2000 cds and roughly 4000 7in and 12in's.So i feel i have contributed thousands of dollars like alot of people on this board have,so downloading some freebies here and there really doesn't bother me at all.Sorry if you dont agree.After all i thought hardcore wasn't about makin money,it was about gettin your message out.Sorry but thats my opinion.

I never liked Farakhan cause he called me the devil,and I never liked Hitler cause he said I was god.
bombidol
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 09:56 PM

You got me all wrong here, Im not saying dont download it, just saying its bad form to have stuff like this up on a record label message board. Skin, without sounding like a prick. But straight up from your very first sentence "The way I look at it" its all downhill. Mate, that shit is illegal no matter how you look at it.
Wont be posting in this thread again, BD and the lads havent deleted it so they are happy enough with this being here so thats all that matters really.

Quote:
Originally posted by WINTHESKIN
Bombidol sorry if you feel this way,but the way i look at it is that i have been going to and buying hardcore music since i was 12 years old in 87.I own over 2000 cds and roughly 4000 7in and 12in's.So i feel i have contributed thousands of dollars like alot of people on this board have,so downloading some freebies here and there really doesn't bother me at all.Sorry if you dont agree.After all i thought hardcore wasn't about makin money,it was about gettin your message out.Sorry but thats my opinion.

WINTHESKIN

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 10:17 PM

Its all good bro.Im sorry i didnt U2U everyone the link,but i'll be sure to send a U2U to you the next time

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 10:52 PM

Earth Crisis < Doggy Doo
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 11:17 PM

Look, bottom line is most of us are really cool with one another and its a simple heads up and share of something new cmoeing. out. Its certainly not a DUDE STEAL THIS RIGHT NOW thing. We are all cool on THORP and its a hey check this out. You may like it type of thing. No one wants to rip anyone off out of spite on here.

Besides DAVE MORAL is in the band now so its all good. :yes:

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-27-2009 at 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore

Besides DAVE MORAL is in the band now so its all good. :yes:

Go To Top