Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: anybody got some home remedies for face swelling?
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-4-2009 at 09:53 PM
anybody got some home remedies for face swelling?

i can use them. got jumped on the way home for seriously no reason. tried to walk away, but one guy kept coming and swinging. so, uh, luckily we both might have broken noses for no reason... but mine came from him and his three other friends after i tried to walk away from a fight for the second time.

that said, i only had one aspirin left, so that won't do much for the pain or swelling. advice welcome. maybe i can get some pain killers from a doc tomorrow. :)

worst part... not getting my ass kicked by four guys... not even having several passers-by refuse to help... nope, it was losing my glasses early on and not being able to see anything. so i'll be sleeping in contacts tonight.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 4-4-2009 at 09:59 PM

fuck man that sucks

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 4-4-2009 at 10:24 PM

That's fucking nuts. Where do you live? Were they trying to rob you or was there any reason at all that they gave?

Veritas odium parit
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-4-2009 at 10:33 PM

I'm in London. Walked about 10 blocks away to grab some beer at the "off license" (which mattybar can correct me, but my understanding is that it means they can sell late at night). I walked out, and these guys were standing three-wide on the sidewalk, so I tried to slip behind one of them. Guess I bumped him, since he flipped out. I responded, "Yo, it's not a big deal. Sorry. Just calm down." He kept flipping out. His friend stepped between us, telling me to calm down, and I said I was calm and trying to walk away. Dude swung a few time. I popped him a couple of times and he started bleeding, but I still kept trying to walk away and said I wasn't trying to start anything. About two blocks down, some guy asked me what had happened, and I thought it was over. The two guys and two friends came around the corner two minutes later telling me to "run away" and I kept backing up saying I wasn't trying to start anything. Got jumped. Got a few shots in until my glasses went flying, though still trying to avoid dumb shit the whole time. Fighting in middle of street, and I couldn't see shit.

To be honest, this is probably the first time I've been in a fight in five years, and the last time was for a guy being so drunk he kept tackling a friend's wife. The message for all of you... beware sidewalk etiquette!!! :)

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 12:29 AM

Swing first ask questions later.
mattybar

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 06:37 AM

shit man
i'm sorry to hear that.
nothing much you can really do in a situation like that where you're outnumbered and that one guy was obviously spoiling for a fight right from the start.
at least you got a few digs in and didn't get stabbed or shot over it.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 08:32 AM

that sucks dude.
hate to say it, but beter a broken beek than being stabbed or something.
these days, at least in the Philly area, people would just rather unload a clip in someone than scrap.
but at least you got a few shots in like Matty said...
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 10:59 AM

For a busted nose? I would suggest ice. It takes the throbbing away and will reduce the swelling. Also ibprofin of any kind will help. Advil is great for swelling. ALso if your plugged up and it hurts too much to blow your nose, have a really hot shower and it will loosen up the dried blood and it will drain a lot better that way.

Sorry to hear about your incident, but I am also gald that you were able to make off with only a broken nose and nothing too serious.

MM.

newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 02:35 PM

shitty man. that's never fun. yea ice is about as good as it gets. frozen bags of corn/peas/etc are really good.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

Mood: f-minus

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 03:03 PM

oh shit! How is the beer? They didnt steal it did they? Those fucking bastards better not have or else... Oh yeah, hope you're OK too :bouncy:
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 03:10 PM

Had the same thing happen many times, and it sucks. Ice is your best bet.

Funny story to cheer you up. One day years ago I was walking to work and got jumped by two cars full of black dudes calling me a nazi skinhead. They beat the piss out of me. After work I went to a buddies place and drank my pain away. On my home I got jumped by a bunch of skinheads who were calling me a race traitor. I guess nobody likes me.:roll:

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
thedog
Posting Freak

Mood: Deals Gone Bad

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 04:49 PM

that sucks man.
at least it wasnt too bad.

\"thank you very little\"
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 04:56 PM

That sucks bro. I hope you heal up quick and find those fuckers.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-6-2009 at 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline

Funny story to cheer you up. One day years ago I was walking to work and got jumped by two cars full of black dudes calling me a nazi skinhead. They beat the piss out of me. After work I went to a buddies place and drank my pain away. On my home I got jumped by a bunch of skinheads who were calling me a race traitor. I guess nobody likes me.:roll:

Dude that is fucked. hahaha sorry to laugh, but you were ok and that was a funny story.

MM.
joey

[*] posted on 4-6-2009 at 07:13 AM

They will get whats coming to them. Karma is a bitch
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 4-6-2009 at 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by metal mulisha
Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline

Dude that is fucked. hahaha sorry to laugh, but you were ok and that was a funny story.

MM.

That's why I added it. It's so ridiculous to this day I still laugh about it.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-6-2009 at 09:29 AM

this thread is nuts.
sorry to hear this, random.
feel better soon.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.

Go To Top