Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: bad mail & good mail on the same day....
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 4-30-2009 at 09:37 AM
bad mail & good mail on the same day....

I got this a few days ago (unframed) and it's mint! In the bottom margine its signed by Glen Friedman, Shep Fairey, H.R., Dr. Know, Darryl Jennifer & Earl Hudson.

and I got this the same day which really sucked! Negative FX on blue vinyl that was suposidly mint when it was shipped. I got it for $30 but now its pretty much worthless (I havent opened it to check the vinyl yet). The seller was pissed about it, but he gave me a refund which I appreciate. He offered free shipping (and did not offer insurance even if the buyer paid it), but didnt specify how it was shipped. It came media mail which is NOT a good way to send a record of any value at all!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-30-2009 at 10:23 AM

that sucks about the record.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 4-30-2009 at 11:46 AM

fuck what did they do they a dog chew on it for awhile....

MarkV

[*] posted on 4-30-2009 at 02:38 PM

Media mail is a worthless method of shipping anything that NEEDS to be somewhere.

How much did that Shep print set you back?? I know those were pretty limited and sold out in advance.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 4-30-2009 at 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
Media mail is a worthless method of shipping anything that NEEDS to be somewhere.

How much did that Shep print set you back?? I know those were pretty limited and sold out in advance.

I think it was $125 on the OBEY site when it came out, but like you said, it was sold out immediatly and I didnt know it was out. I got it for $160 including insured shipping with tracking in a SUPER heavy duty BIG tube so it couldnt get crushed and was rolled loose enough that when I took it out it was only slightly curved. The frame was another $25.

Getting the frame was a huge pain! Aparently with low end frames if it says its 16 x 20 the frame will be with in 1/4" bigger or smaller. I didnt know that till I got home and it didnt fit. luckily the guy at the store let me try them all till I found one it fit in!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
MarkV

[*] posted on 4-30-2009 at 04:44 PM

That's not bad at all. Like you, I didn't even know about it until they had sold out.
I live about a block from his studio and gallery. I have to get over there and see if they have just regular prints of that.

Go To Top