Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: for you x-men fans - a spinoff
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-6-2009 at 06:29 PM
for you x-men fans - a spinoff

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reuters.com/reynolds-rep...

Reynolds to reprise Deadpool in "X-Men" spin-off (Reuters)

Source: ReutersWed May 06, 2009, 12:43 pm EDT Buzz up!

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Fresh off the muscular box-office performance of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," one of the film's characters is headed for a movie of his own.

20th Century Fox is developing a spin-off featuring Deadpool, the wise-cracking mercenary played in the film by Ryan Reynolds.

In "Deadpool," Reynolds will reprise the "merc with a mouth," known for his slapstick tone and propensity to break the fourth wall.

It is understood that the character would regain the ability to mouth off, after having suffered a setback in "Wolverine." Deadpool also was disfigured in the current film, but it's unclear how much the studio would want to mess with Reynolds' handsome mug in the new feature.

Fox considered a "Deadpool" spin-off early in "Wolverine's" development process, and cast Reynolds with that possibility in mind.

Reynolds, onscreen in the ensemble coming-of-age movie "Adventureland," next stars opposite Sandra Bullock in Disney's romantic comedy "The Proposal."

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 5-6-2009 at 06:57 PM

Im psyched for a Deadpool movie even if it might be bad, but I REALLY hope that they dont make him 'handsome' because hes actually even more messed up than he was in Wolverine.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-6-2009 at 07:34 PM

I'm wondering if it'll be similar...show Wade before Weapon X, then him joining Weapon X gets the alterations yadda yadda. Or will they jump to after he recovers from fighting Wolvie and Sabertooth? And, will this star both? Or have cameos?

Apparently there's going to be a Wolverine 2 also.

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 5-6-2009 at 08:07 PM

I havent heard anything except what BD posted, but I would guess that there will be no Wolverine cameo and that the movie will focus on him from his recovery after Weapon X but maybe have flashbacks to the earlier stuff.

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

MarkV

[*] posted on 5-6-2009 at 11:55 PM

Like Honus said, I'd imagine it would be post Wolverine, with some flashback/background pre-Wolverine.

I can't believe they're moving forward with all of this shit.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-7-2009 at 03:07 AM

What's really too bad is that Fox is still in charge and Marvel hasn't gotten the rights back to all their franchises. I think Marvel would be more likely to do a meticulous job on these things than Fox execs.

MarkV

[*] posted on 5-7-2009 at 03:38 AM

I wouldn't expect that. I don't know how long the terms of those deals are (XMen, Spiderman, Fan 4) but I just don't foresee that.

They'll try to develop other titles, like they are with the Avengers' franchise.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 5-7-2009 at 06:03 AM

Deadpool is my favorite character so I really hope they dont screw it up. I'm not an insane purist where I'll be pist if its not exactly like the comic, but I dont want any huge changes, like if hes somehow NOT disfigured!

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-7-2009 at 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
I wouldn't expect that. I don't know how long the terms of those deals are (XMen, Spiderman, Fan 4) but I just don't foresee that.

They'll try to develop other titles, like they are with the Avengers' franchise.

Well, I doubt that Marvel is going to be getting the franchising rights back from Fox, or Sony anytime soon. Spider-Man 4 is in the works right now... another Wolverine, Magneto, Deadpool for Fox. Don't know about the FF. Those things aren't going back to Marvel anytime soon.

So Marvel's working on their other big characters, the Avengers gang. Which could prove interesting if they are still working on the Avengers when/if they get the rights to X-Men and Spider-Man back since both Spidey and Wolvie are in the New Avengers.

Honestly, 10 years down the road I'd like to see if Marvel gets X-Men back and have the guts to do it with the comic costume designs. Just for the sake of it. I think it can be made to work. Especially Wolvie's brown and gold costume. Maybe not so much the yellow and blue one.

Go To Top