Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: bnb / super bowl this weekend. you going?
hardtone

[*] posted on 6-3-2009 at 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
Quote:
Originally posted by hardtone

The one thing I will say is: Paying $30 and being told I couldn't go outside and come back in eats a dick. I’m a grown man for Christ sake. The show was over sold and not comfortable at all. BNB should really get a bigger club if they want this size of crowd.

This kind of shit actually discourages me from going to "festivals". They pulled the same shit at the oi fest in Allentown last year, which is one (of many) reasons I didn't bother sticking around for the whole thing. It annoys me when a club has a no re-entry policy for a show that will last three hours. But pulling that on a day-long show - especially when you don't serve anything I consider to be a meal (and no, over-priced hot dogs and bags of chips are NOT a fucking meal) - is straight-up bullshit, but still seems all too common.

Don't want people drinking in the parking lot? Put some security out there.

But seriously, this shit is always done in the name of "preventing problems"... while everyone knows damn well it just means (i) people drink for 8-10 hours with no food, (ii) makes people feel cramped and trapped, and (iii) usually means people are sweating balls which, in turn, makes them angry and grumpy... if that's not a recipe for disaster, I don't know what is. And, amazingly enough, people always act surprised when shit goes wrong in the end.

And the VIP area was nuts too. They had a 2nd floor that was restricted. I bet the promoters were comfy in that area… This shit discourages me also. I want to support the bands & promoters, but I’m not going cram myself in a small sweaty club for eight hours to do it. The smokers even had an area, how about the motherfuckers who don’t smoke that need air…

3rd District, my friends & I were crammed by the front bar most of the day. I ran into a total of 3 people I knew. I was kind of disappointed about that.

I didn’t even get the chance to hand out free band merch...

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-3-2009 at 09:30 PM

After my complaining, I will say that this is a plus for Baltimore. I don't think any show there was no re-entry, if only because you couldnt smoke inside. My first b-more show was unyoung heroes at rams head in late 06, and i think hard response was an opener (and i also think tone's son was there).

But "big" shows usually have the b-s i described.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
hardtone

[*] posted on 6-3-2009 at 10:01 PM

That was a good time. I love when skin-chicks fight. B-more is always fun...

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-3-2009 at 10:15 PM

Hahaha... I went out with N. a few times, but it didn't go any further. Super cool girl though. :)

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
MarkV

[*] posted on 6-4-2009 at 02:21 AM

Hardtone-
I wasn't there and I'm sure conditions were ugly but why shouldn't the promoters have a comfortable area for themselves exactly/??
hardtone

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
Hardtone-
I wasn't there and I'm sure conditions were ugly but why shouldn't the promoters have a comfortable area for themselves exactly/??

Have no problem with the promoters being comfy; I just don’t like paying $30 only to be treated like live stock. Oh well, live & learn, that’s the last BnB Bowel I support unless they get better facility more suited for that type of show.

mattybar

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 12:10 PM

each to their own though but i've been putting on shows for 11 years and i have to say i've never heard of anything like an area for the promoters to hang out, let alone a vip area.
i tend to just need a room or even just a quiet corner to count the door money at the end of the night and that's it.
i might look into this in the future haha
3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
After my complaining, I will say that this is a plus for Baltimore. I don't think any show there was no re-entry, if only because you couldnt smoke inside. My first b-more show was unyoung heroes at rams head in late 06, and i think hard response was an opener (and i also think tone's son was there).

But "big" shows usually have the b-s i described.

baltimore hardcore cat fight night?
dead end boys played too... recipe for disaster at theat place. was awesome!

MarkV

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 01:08 PM

VIP/green room type areas are totally common place at shows in NYC.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top