Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: record releases overseas and US
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 6-7-2009 at 01:34 AM
record releases overseas and US

Is there a reason that they always have separate dates? Is it the bands that promote one place and then travel to the next? It makes no sense now that say that the new MERAUDER is released over a month earlier there than in the US.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
MarkV

[*] posted on 6-7-2009 at 04:27 PM

Lots of different reasons. First off, records come out here on Tuesdays and, shit, Fridays (???) in Europe. Promotion (ie touring) has a big part in it. Also depends on label.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-7-2009 at 05:47 PM

Is it also label funding? I seem to remember Stigma's album and the Murderer's Row on Thorp coming out way earlier in Europe. I might be mixing up the albums, but there have been some noticeable ones.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 6-7-2009 at 06:10 PM

Murderer's Row was out in Europe for some time before it came out here. One of the reasons is some label deals are only for one region, such as North America, and a different label will handle Europe or Japan, etc. A number of the Sailor's Grave releases came out in Europe on People Like You Records, which is an amazing label for those that might not know.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-7-2009 at 10:59 PM

There's one European country that sometimes deviates from the normal Euro schedule too. Is it Germany?

This made more sense before the internet but with file sharing and all I would expect to see it change to some degree in the future. Especially for the big name acts who have that demand where people want to share the songs. I'm betting on more Friday releases for household names in the US like we've seen with Metallica, Green Day and Eminem

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 6-7-2009 at 11:04 PM

Ya I figured a WORLDWIDE release would combat file sharing even a little bit. Since everyone gets the record at the same time or at least a couple days apart.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
MarkV

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 02:34 AM

Same date makes the most sense, but, as mentioned, a lot of deals are only for 1 territory and sometimes it's just not feasible for multiple labels to coordinate release dates.
In Stigma's case, he signed to IScream Europe before he signed to the US label.

Go To Top