Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: We have another child- Just an update (sorry- long)
Enyo

[*] posted on 7-2-2009 at 01:44 PM
We have another child- Just an update (sorry- long)

We have our second foster care placement now. He is a little boy, three and a half, but fairly signifigantly delayed.
He was severely neglected so he has the language development of a 1 year old, and the cognative abilities of a 2 year old. Physically though he is every bit of 3 and a half. Which makes him dangerous..lol. He is big enough and coordinated enough to get into everything but has NO FEAR and no concept of danger.

You would think that because he doesn't communicate well and I can't understand him half the time that he would become frustrated and tantrum but he is really the sweetest child. He is such a lover.. always wants to be sitting near you or on you. :)

He is doing SO well. I put him on a strict schedule and we have stuck to that everyday, so he was sleeping 10 hours within 5 days... and he has learned about 100 new words in 3 weeks. He'll start speech therapy soon, but we're working with him already.

I wish I could tell you guys how crazy this case is, but as usual it's all hush hush. But.... this one really MAY go to adoption quickly. REALLY REALLY quickly because his dad (the only relative that we know of) has already asked to sign away his rights. (Because he's a total piece of shit-.. It's really the best thing for "B".. but why did he DRAG him around and neglect him for almost 4 years BEFORE doing the right thing?!)

when and if..(you guys know the drill) I'll be posting LOTS of pics of him. He's a doll baby.

I never know if I should say anything.. I don't want to push this stuff on you guys, but you did seem really interested the last time...

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 7-2-2009 at 02:28 PM

It's nice to see somebody putting in the time and effort for any kid like this. I'm happy for you.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-2-2009 at 03:38 PM

you are awesome
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 7-2-2009 at 03:45 PM

awesome you're giving it another chance. good on you :thumbup:

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 7-2-2009 at 09:24 PM

i'm glad to hear that you didnt give up after your last experience, keep us up dated.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-2-2009 at 09:58 PM

Round of applause!:thumbup:

Spoiler
Posting Freak

Mood: All that scene philosophy never meant a goddamned thing to me

[*] posted on 7-2-2009 at 10:05 PM

Good for you :thumbup:
and good for the lil guy :bouncing:
hope everything works out for ya'll

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 7-2-2009 at 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
you are awesome

and keep us updated!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 7-2-2009 at 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
you are awesome

and keep us updated!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 7-2-2009 at 10:52 PM

I really hope this works out for you and this child. My son is that exact age so what you are talking about hits home. I really hope you can become a blessing for this little boy. I hope it goes smooth for you and this child. He needs a loving family desperately. At this age my son is starting to do so many things and it brings a tear to the eye of pride. I know once things work out you'll see it too. Good luck!

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Enyo

[*] posted on 7-2-2009 at 11:14 PM

Thanks for the support guys!

We are so in love with him. It will be a month he's been here on 7/7/09. Also the date of his first big court hearing and the day we get our new central A/C Woohoo!!! We'll be celebrating on Tuesday!

Clevo- I know what you mean.... just watching him improve everyday is amazing. He's a different kid than he was just 3 weeks ago. He babbles and giggles and is just the sweetest thing.

It's late and I'm about to ramble, but what the hell....

Being a foster parent is really crazy. It's SO much harder than I thought it would be, and I read all the right books and talked to the right people and went to seminars beforehand. It's like... having a new husband show up, and expect me to do all the things I would normal do for a husband... but there is no bond, no instant connection.... so it's frustrating, and expasterating, and just ridiculously hard. But it's also insane how quickly that bond starts to develop. How you can begin to love and cerish a child you had nothing to do with making. and how angry you feel at the people who hurt him so badly.
He has healed now... but the first week it was hard to take him anywhere.. he face was so banged up and his little body was just covered in bruises. and everywhere we went people (mostly women) would GLARE at me.. and I had to NOT say anything. It was HARD.

This week at daycare he got into trouble for stealing food from the trash. The teacher gave me a hard time about it.. she KNOWS he is a foster child. Granted she doesn't know that they were homeless and that he probably got food from the trash a LOT of the time, and it is impossible to fix 3.5 years in 3 weeks.. and he probably still doesn't trust that we will feed him again in 3 hours. BUT.. It still hurt me so so much. By the way I am moving him to a preschool who has multiple kids with special needs so he can get the one on one care he really deserves.

ok.. sorry for rambling.. again.. thanks for the support :)
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-3-2009 at 05:11 AM

first off, i can't begin to tell you how excited i am to hear that you've decided to continue with the foster program. i'm sure it wasn't an easy decision after your previous experience.

but just like last time, you're going into it with an open heart and open mind and you're doing your best.

children at this age are amazingly resilient. provided his issues are only developmental delays and not actual disabilities, i'm sure he'll catch up with the help of loving parents and the right therapy.

looking forward to hearing more.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-3-2009 at 09:37 AM

you kick ass Enyo.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 7-3-2009 at 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
you kick ass Enyo.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 7-3-2009 at 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
you kick ass Enyo.

Couldn't have said it better.:thumbup:

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
MyOwnWay