Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: FSU leader jailed
Mickey

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 7-15-2009 at 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
I believe he said it. Not 100% but I think he did.

That's half the problem. Too many he said she said, a friend of a friend heard it from, and I wasn't there but I might have heard. If your not 100% sure of what is said maybe you shouldn't say it. After a while the urban legend becomes better than what's really happening.

I'm ok with people not liking me
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 7-15-2009 at 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mickey
Quote:

That's half the problem. Too many he said she said, a friend of a friend heard it from, and I wasn't there but I might have heard. If your not 100% sure of what is said maybe you shouldn't say it. After a while the urban legend becomes better than what's really happening.

^^^^^^^^^ Dude, what I'm talking about was the HISTORY CHANNELS show GANGLAND and what I remember was what this dude said he was going to do with his life. It's not a friend of a friend, its a actual recording of him saying he was moving out west and moving on with his life. Lay off with the talking shit bit. I ain't talking shit or starting anything at all. That's the last thing I am doing. This board of regular shmucks like me would all agree. No ill will on THORP. That's not us. Leave all that shit on other message boards, but not here.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 12:12 AM

Who gives a shit. If he is guilty then he can rot in shit for the rest of his life, if not then whatever.

MM.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 12:15 AM

I guess I don't get what the big deal is. It seems like a petty crime to me. What the hell do they want with him? People are ripped off for more than $5000 every day. Why the full scale investigation and prosecution for something that isn't even that big of a deal when there are people getting raped and murdered out there? It seems like there is something more to it..... it stinks of some sort of corruption. But anyway...... back to my armchair.

BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 12:32 AM

Because that is often what happens when you make videos of oneself shooting their mouth off. If you want to do dirt then keep your mouth shut and go about your business. You spend half your life causing shit and the other half hyping your shit then people start to take you serious and then this is what happens. Even when in the first place you were no one who should have ever been taken seriously.

MM.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
I guess I don't get what the big deal is. It seems like a petty crime to me. What the hell do they want with him? People are ripped off for more than $5000 every day. Why the full scale investigation and prosecution for something that isn't even that big of a deal when there are people getting raped and murdered out there? It seems like there is something more to it..... it stinks of some sort of corruption. But anyway...... back to my armchair.

Certainly does....there are plenty of bigger fish to fry when it comes to some good old fashion racketeering.

Seems strange that the FBI would be targeting countercultures that is deeply entwined with anti establishment and thought provoking messages.....ha!
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 06:28 AM

Quote:

I totally understand what you're saying but IF it is true and he is found guilty, then the odds are very good that he or 'the organization' has done this other times in the past. I'm probably a total pussy compared to most of you guys, but I dont want to feel intimidated going to a show or playing a show. I feel like there is no room for that in MY VISION of hardcore/punk. I'm unrealistic and probly nieve (sp?) but thats how I feel.

I also dont understand how anyone involved in the Boston Beatdown DVD (wether it had anything to do with him or not) hasnt been prosocuted for something. If I got jumped and beat up (even if it was because I was a wise ass or mouthed off) to the extent that some of the beatings on that video are, and then someone put it out on DVD and made money off it I would want to persue legal action, but I wouldnt because once again, I was intimidated and afraid.

I dont know.... I guess that stuff like this is one of the reasons I dont really goto shows anymore. I feel intimidated because of crap I got on 'another message board' and because I like some of the 'wrong bands'. Its just sad.....

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 08:56 AM

Yeah. I get what you're all saying. But as "concerned citizens" why should we care? That guy from Mest beat a murder rap a few years ago. If that's the same guy that is whining to the FBI over his $5000 then are we to assume that his cooperation in this case helped him beat the charges? If so, that's disgusting.

On a side note, the music business is very corrupt. Payola doesn't exist on the books but it still very much takes place. This band was surely paying more than $5000 to line the pockets of music programmers at the radio stations that played their crappy songs. Are they up for charges next?

These are all rhetorical questions. Just some thoughts.

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 09:27 AM

Quote:

On a side note, the music business is very corrupt. Payola doesn't exist on the books but it still very much takes place. This band was surely paying more than $5000 to line the pockets of music programmers at the radio stations that played their crappy songs. Are they up for charges next?

I understand what youre saying too, but I think theres a big difference between "pay us money or we wont play your records or promote your band" and "pay us money or we will beat you up in every city you go to".

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

tcapa

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 10:32 AM

Having had personal experience with the DOJ (my brother in law was indicted in a similar fashion) here is my two-cents. Sealed DOJ indictments like this one are generally for small potatoes because they are about publicity and political gain and not about the extent of the crime. My brother in law was/is the first person to be tried under the Driver's License Defense Act and the DOJ statement is all hearsay and unsubstantiated, uncorroborated testimony from the grand jury proceedings. Nothing you read until the trial ENDS should be taken as fact. If what they are alleging agains Nate were a case with solid motivation in reigning in "gangs" charges would have been sought under the RICO statutes. I am 100% sure that this is the case of some 20-something douchebag at the FBI looking to get his name on the books for busting open a "notorious hardcore gang." The odds are the only real information he knows about the "gang" is what he read in Rolling Stones and saw on "Gangland." So I hope everyone is happy that hundreds of thousands of tax dollars are being spent over a five thousand dollar dispute that essential amounts to one guy of questionable character (the Mest singer) complaining that someone is trying to shake him down for money ... which really could be a debt, who knows?

I have nothing but respect for the alleged and his organization. Many of you are too young to remember but there would be no hardcore in Boston without them and I don't claim to know any of them well but have crossed paths with a couple people and have NEVER had an issue, as I am sure most of you never have personally had an issue. Stories are just that - believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

I think Mickey summed it up the best by saying, "After a while the urban legend becomes better than what's really happening."
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tcapa
Having had personal experience with the DOJ (my brother in law was indicted in a similar fashion) here is my two-cents. Sealed DOJ indictments like this one are generally for small potatoes because they are about publicity and political gain and not about the extent of the crime. My brother in law was/is the first person to be tried under the Driver's License Defense Act and the DOJ statement is all hearsay and unsubstantiated, uncorroborated testimony from the grand jury proceedings. Nothing you read until the trial ENDS should be taken as fact. If what they are alleging agains Nate were a case with solid motivation in reigning in "gangs" charges would have been sought under the RICO statutes. I am 100% sure that this is the case of some 20-something douchebag at the FBI looking to get his name on the books for busting open a "notorious hardcore gang." The odds are the only real information he knows about the "gang" is what he read in Rolling Stones and saw on "Gangland." So I hope everyone is happy that hundreds of thousands of tax dollars are being spent over a five thousand dollar dispute that essential amounts to one guy of questionable character (the Mest singer) complaining that someone is trying to shake him down for money ... which really could be a debt, who knows?

I have nothing but respect for the alleged and his organization. Many of you are too young to remember but there would be no hardcore in Boston without them and I don't claim to know any of them well but have crossed paths with a couple people and have NEVER had an issue, as I am sure most of you never have personally had an issue. Stories are just that - believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

I think Mickey summed it up the best by saying, "After a while the urban legend becomes better than what's really happening."

^^^^^^^^^^^ BD just delete this thread. It's bringing goofballs that have no idea what we are about. Seriously, this guy is trying to say most of us are "too young to remember" SERIOUSLY? AHAHAHAHAHA. I fucking don't care what happened in thsi case. If he is found guilty. Lock em up. If not then let em continue to make with the BS in hardcore. Its all cyclical anyway.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Many of you are too young to remember but there would be no hardcore in Boston without them

There was hardcore in Boston before them and it would have continued. There is hardcore in everystate and Mass would be no different.... if anything it would be less intimidating and violent than it is now. *

*this is just my opinion.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 11:50 AM

On second thought. Thanks for visiting. It's good for business.

Mickey

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Quote:
Many of you are too young to remember but there would be no hardcore in Boston without them

if anything it would be less intimidating and violent than it is now.

when was the last time you saw a fight at a hardcore show in Boston?

tcapa

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 02:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

None that I can remember. I remember when I first started going to shows I was warned to watch out for a certain group. I have NEVER had a negative encounter with said group. And everyone who has negative things to say about the group, when pressed, are never the people who had a problem. It is always "a friend of a friend of my cousin bumped into a girl and said sorry but got his ass kicked 73 on 1." Oh so you saw it? "No." Oh. So this kid has no friends of his own? I mean 73-1 and no one jumped in? "...those guys are scary! they have chains! and pitbulls! and unicorns that breath fire..."

Again. I have NEVER witnessed a problem involving that group nor do I know anyone who has personally had a problem.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 02:46 PM

I don't know shit about FSU, nor have I ever seen Boston Beatdown ( I got no time for that shit). But I have had people tell me stories (that weren't true) about myself, without realising who they were talking too. When I called bullshit, they swore up and down they were there. So, seriously, give the guy the benefit of the doubt, especially where the hardcore scene is involved, there are so many big mouths out there, who want to give themselves some sort of credibility by telling bullshit stories. As far as FSU goes, I don't see what any of that shit has to do with the scene, those dudes should go play some football, they have the mentality for it.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I dont go to shows in Boston so I dont know when/if there are fights, but I know theres intimidation and I've been part of that multiple times.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Mickey

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 03:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I dont go to shows in Boston so I dont know when/if there are fights, but I know theres intimidation and I've been part of that multiple times.

I don't know what your intimidated by, but how can you say a scene is too violent when you don't go to shows there. Do you go to shows, and have you seen fsu beat people?

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 03:34 PM

I've seen one real brawl at a Boston show and it was at the Rat.... which closed in 1997. There is an air of tension but that's sort of what makes it great. Sorry.... there is a pecking order. Or a perceived pecking order. That's part of the thrill. If I wanted to get together with a bunch of dudes and have a love fest then I'd just go to the Ramrod.

Tcapa, I heard a rumor that Mickey has said fire breathing unicorn tattooed on his back. I can not confirm this but my cousins' girlfriends' exboyfriend said he saw it.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 03:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't know what your intimidated by, but how can you say a scene is too violent when you don't go to shows there. Do you go to shows, and have you seen fsu beat people?

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Ya, on video.

Barnesey

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 03:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

^^^^^^^^^ Dude, what I'm talking about was the HISTORY CHANNELS show GANGLAND and what I remember was what this dude said he was going to do with his life. It's not a friend of a friend, its a actual recording of him saying he was moving out west and moving on with his life. Lay off with the talking shit bit. I ain't talking shit or starting anything at all. That's the last thing I am doing. This board of regular shmucks like me would all agree. No ill will on THORP. That's not us. Leave all that shit on other message boards, but not here.

How does going out west and moving on with his life turn into you saying joining a MC?

Live Fast Die Young
Push It To The Limit \'Til The Coffin Calls
Mickey

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 03:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Ya, on video.

true, but on that video there were only 2 fsu guys fighting. one was at a show about 10 years ago. all the other fights had nothing to do with fsu

Barnesey

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by barc0debaby
Quote:

Certainly does....there are plenty of bigger fish to fry when it comes to some good old fashion racketeering.

Seems strange that the FBI would be targeting countercultures that is deeply entwined with anti establishment and thought provoking messages.....ha!

When you go on television, the police will watch you more closely. Just a fact of life. I had friends on the news when I was a kid and next thing you know, a gang task force taking us down one by one. The cops even told me that if it was not for my friends that they wouldn't even bother with us.

Live Fast Die Young
Push It To The Limit \'Til The Coffin Calls
tcapa

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barnesey

How does going out west and moving on with his life turn into you saying joining a MC?

Some one told him that only 1% of people leave gangs to go out west and move on with their life. Therefore he must be a 1%-er.
tcapa

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 03:53 PM

Quote:
Tcapa, I heard a rumor that Mickey has said fire breathing unicorn tattooed on his back. I can not confirm this but my cousins' girlfriends' exboyfriend said he saw it.

I don't see how one could argue with such a fact. A truly bad-ass tattoo the fire-breathing unicorn.
 Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top