Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: IN THE UK ON DECEMBER 18TH?
DAN SMASH
Unregistered

[*] posted on 9-24-2004 at 10:33 AM
IN THE UK ON DECEMBER 18TH?

hey people, im putting on an xmas show on december 18th.
it's gonna be a real exclusive affair, limited to 150 tickets.

so far we got,

KNUCKLEDUST
DENY EVERYTHING
3CR
CHASING CHAOS
AMATORY GARVACIN
DEMONBREED.

the question is, does any of you know of a band ( or are in a band) thats gonna be in the uk, kent/london area around that time?
if so, does the band wanna join the party?
guess this is probably a long shot, but nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.

if anyone wants a ticket then thorp boarders get priority booking, just sort your own transport out!
:)

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-24-2004 at 12:52 PM

interesting. my wife and i are considering making a trip to the uk just before christmas for one of the Pogues reunion shows. if that comes together, i will definitely be in touch.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 9-25-2004 at 02:04 AM

damn you duane. i wanna go to one of those so fucking bad. at least i have comfort in the fact that shane probably wont show up for them anyways. and i would be pretty damn pissed off if i went and that happened
DAN SMASH
Unregistered

[*] posted on 9-25-2004 at 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Duane
interesting. my wife and i are considering making a trip to the uk just before christmas for one of the Pogues reunion shows. if that comes together, i will definitely be in touch.

cool. just let me know if the dates work out and i'll keep a couple of tickets for you dude.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-26-2004 at 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
damn you duane. i wanna go to one of those so fucking bad. at least i have comfort in the fact that shane probably wont show up for them anyways. and i would be pretty damn pissed off if i went and that happened

this is my only real reason for hesitation. i've gone to see shane & the popes in the state and in europe 12 or 15 times, and he was a no-show on only one occasion. but still, his reputation precedes him, especially when it come to working with his old band mates.

Quote:
Originally posted by DAN SMASH
cool. just let me know if the dates work out and i'll keep a couple of tickets for you dude.

i will definitely do that, thanks for the offer!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 9-26-2004 at 10:48 AM

i'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. the closest ive ever gotten is seeing the terry woods band who were beyond fucking incredible and did alot of lesser known pogues stuff that i really like. a friend went to see the popes in toronto a couple years ago and shane didnt show. they refunded everyones money and played a free set without him
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 9-26-2004 at 07:35 PM

Goddamn, goddamn! I so fuckin envy you Duane, I would LOVE to see one of those Pogues shows. I did get to see Shane with the Popes a few years back and apparently he was a no show on the two previous nights and was about an hour late to the show I saw, but it was fucking amazing. What was really funny is that I almost never get anybody trying to fuck with me at crazy rough HC and Punk shows, but I nearly got in a huge fight at that show, I'm still not sure what that was about....

Go To Top