Vick finds a new home in the NFL

Philly.............fitting.
Enyo

[*] posted on 8-14-2009 at 01:06 PM

there is no justice.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-14-2009 at 01:12 PM

the funny thing is that with a conviction like that on your record, you'd pretty much be blacklisted from getting any normal job out in the world, but it's just fine with the NFL.....
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-14-2009 at 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
the funny thing is that with a conviction like that on your record, you'd pretty much be blacklisted from getting any normal job out in the world, but it's just fine with the NFL.....

Exactly what I've been thinking. I listen to ESPN radio most of the workday and to hear people say that the NFL should allow him to play because he's paid his debt to society makes me so mad. Sure... he served his jail time, but like you said... I doubt I'd be able to get my job back after that sort of a conviction. Getting a job isn't a right. You earn it. If you're a shitty person a company doesn't have to hire you. Some of these dudes on the radio act like the NFL would be doing the wrong thing if they DIDN'T let him play.

I'm glad I'm not a Philly fan. I'd be even more pissed.
MikeResist

Mood: Everything

[*] posted on 8-14-2009 at 01:36 PM

The only home Vick should have is in a jail cell. I love the NFL, but the fact they let this guy play is terrible.

CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 8-14-2009 at 03:54 PM

Such Bullshit
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 8-14-2009 at 03:56 PM

The only spot he should have is locked in a room with 10 pitbulls chompin' his ass.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 8-14-2009 at 04:05 PM

There are something like 32 convicted felons currently playing in the NFL.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-14-2009 at 05:40 PM

Philly seems to have a hard time avoiding asshole players. Owens, while not a convict, was an asshole. Vick is an asshole of greater proportions.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-14-2009 at 06:26 PM

Top News Story: Michael Vick is banned from Dollar Dog Night at Citizens bank Park upon being picked up by eagles...story at 11

www.vickdogchewtoy.com

fuck him
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-14-2009 at 07:05 PM

Dog killer Michael Vick will join other felons in the NFL
http://www.examiner.com/x-5919-Norfolk-Crime-Examiner~y2009m...

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell reinstated convicted felon and dog torturer Michael Vick on Monday, allowing him to immediately begin practicing with any team which will take him. Vick can also return to the field in mid-October. This move will put yet another convicted criminal on the sidelines, in a league already heavy with felons.

Of course, Vick spent 18 months of a 23-month sentence at Leavenworth federal prison for dog fighting charges.

When police raided Vick’s house in Surry County, VA in 2007, they found 65 dogs (nearly all pit bulls), a dog-fighting pit, blood-stained carpets, and various equipment commonly used in dog fighting.

One of the items found on Vick’s property was a ‘rape stand’ which is a device in which female dogs are strapped into and restrained, to allow a male dog to breed with her.

According to the federal indictment, when dogs at Vick’s Bad Newz Kennels lost a fight, or failed to perform well in ‘test matches,’ they were routinely killed by methods including electrocution, hanging, drowning, and in at least one case by “slamming” the dog’s body onto the concrete floor. In one session in April 2007, at least eight dogs were killed through these methods.

Vick took part in these executions along with his partners Purnell Peace, and Quanis Phillips. The indictment detailed a March 2003 incident, in which a female pit bull who had just lost a match was killed. Vick and Peace decided to kill her by “wetting the dog down with water and electrocuting her.”

Despite these ghastly facts, the NFL has decided to welcome back Michael Vick.

Goodell told reporters: "I do recognize that some will never forgive him for what he did. . I hope that the public will have a chance to understand his position as I have."

To their credit, the New York Giants, the New York Jets, and the Dallas Cowboys have already announced they would not take Vick.

Goodell is not only understanding of those who engage in the torture and killing of man’s best friend, but also of those who torture and kill man himself.

In 1998, St. Louis Rams’ defensive end Leonard Little ran a red light, while driving drunk and hit and killed wife and mother Susan Gutweiler, 47. Little pleaded guilty to a manslaughter charge, served 90 nights in a work release program and was back on the field the following season. In 2004, he was arrested again on drunk driving charges. In 2006, he was selected for the Pro Bowl.

In 2000, Baltimore Ravens’ linebacker Ray Lewis pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice, and agreed to testify against his two friends, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, in exchange, prosecutors agreed to dismiss murder charges against him. Lewis was accused of stabbing to death two people after a Super Bowl party he attended, where a fight broke out between he and two members of a rapper’s entourage. While the NFL did fine Lewis for the crime, they did not issue any suspension. In 2008, Lewis received his 10th selection to the Pro Bowl.

In 2003, Chicago Bears’ defensive tackle Christian Peter retired after spending six seasons in the NFL. Before being drafted, Peter was arrested eight times for various offenses while in college at the University of Nebraska, one for grabbing a woman by the throat. Peter was also alleged to have raped a freshman named Kathy Redmond multiple times, while head coach Tom Osborne helped cover up the crime, Osborne has since apologized to Redmond. .In 1993, Peter also sexually assaulted two women.

Peter was drafted by the New England Patriots, who in light of his long history of criminal behavior, and his eighth arrest just before the draft, relinquished their rights to him. Peter entered the NFL the following season with the New York Giants.

In 2005, Cleveland Browns’ running back Jamal Lewis served 4 months in prison for attempting to set up a drug deal. Lewis was caught in 2004, as he tried to obtain and distribute five kilograms of cocaine. He received a four-game suspension. In 2008, Lewis rushed for 1,000 yards.

Between 2005-2007, Dallas Cowboys’ cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones was arrested and/or convicted of multiple charges including disorderly conduct, public intoxication, assault, felony vandalism. In 2006, Jones was arrested for spitting in a woman’s face at a Nashville nightclub. In 2007, Jones assaulted a stripper in a Las Vegas club and threatened the life of a security guard, Jones eventually pleaded guilty to lesser charges. Jones was suspended for the 2007 NFL season, but returned to the league with the Cowboys in 2008.

In 2006, Cincinnati Bengals’ defensive tackle Tank Johnson was charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest, after allegedly threatening a Chicago police officer. At the time of his arrest, Johnson was on probation for a 2005 guilty plea to carrying a concealed weapon. Johnson was also charged with further probation violations in 2006. Johnson received an eight-game suspension, after serving 43 days in jail.

In April 2009, Cleveland Browns’ wide receiver Donte Stallworth pleaded guilty to manslaughter charges and received a laughable 30-days in jail after hitting and killing husband and father Mario Reyes, 59 in Miami, Stallworth was drunk at the time. Officially, Stallworth is still on suspension from the NFL. The Browns have not released Stallworth, who signed him to a $35 million contract two weeks before he killed Reyes.

During the 2007 NFL season, an incredible 21 percent of the players had arrest records.

?

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-15-2009 at 05:47 AM

What he did was completely unimaginable to me. The guy is a monster, but the felon/job argument does not apply here. If you were as good at your job as Vick was at his I garauntee you'd find work if a company was hurting to fill the position you were skilled at.

He's not some skill-less mope competing for a job that there's a hundred other non felon applicants for.

I don't remember any similar injustice threads about Donte Stallworth....everybody on earth is pissing and moaning about Vick but that guy barely gets a nod.

Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 8-15-2009 at 11:18 AM

The Philly fans booed Donovan McNabb when he was drafted, and Santa. I can't wait to see what they do to Vick.

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 8-15-2009 at 12:14 PM

I wish a slow and painful death for that scumbag. Fuck him.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-15-2009 at 03:05 PM

This fucking scum bag should be shot in the face.

MM.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 8-15-2009 at 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
What he did was completely unimaginable to me. The guy is a monster, but the felon/job argument does not apply here. If you were as good at your job as Vick was at his I garauntee you'd find work if a company was hurting to fill the position you were skilled at.

He's not some skill-less mope competing for a job that there's a hundred other non felon applicants for.

I don't remember any similar injustice threads about Donte Stallworth....everybody on earth is pissing and moaning about Vick but that guy barely gets a nod.

no doubt bro, Stallworth is even wosre
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-26-2009 at 05:39 PM

funny...i was listening to KYW 1060 on the ride home tonight, and heard that the NAACP is going to have a counter protest against the PETA types at tomorrow nights eagles game here in philly.
they sure know how to pick a guy to get behind...
**laughs**
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 8-26-2009 at 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
funny...i was listening to KYW 1060 on the ride home tonight, and heard that the NAACP is going to have a counter protest against the PETA types at tomorrow nights eagles game here in philly.
they sure know how to pick a guy to get behind...
**laughs**

This shit always reminds me of the scene in PCU we're not gonna protest, we're not gonna protest. Fucking morons.

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.

Go To Top