Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Poll: Do you think there will be a huge stockmarket crash soon?
Yes. It will happen soon.
-- 0 (0%)
No. We will recover soon.
--- 5 (83.33%)
So bad Cormac McCarthy can't create.
--- 1 (16.67%)
So good. Super fast recovery. -- 0 (0%)

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Do you think there will be a huge stockmarket crash soon?
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 8-15-2009 at 09:53 AM
Do you think there will be a huge stockmarket crash soon?

Please state why you feel this way.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 8-15-2009 at 11:15 AM

I think this is gonna turn around sooner than people think, i am all ready starting to see some signs in my brokerage account that things are getting better and buyers are starting to be more confident. That said it may still be a while until we see some big growth again, as much as it sucks we need these corrections for the long term health of the economy.

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 8-15-2009 at 01:26 PM

A professor this summer had said that the gains to today's stock market growth are people with a lot of money to invest that can't find safer was to store it. Those people are too worried to set it in banks right now so the only way to do anything is to put it all in the market and keep trading. They lose money in fees but they are gaining more from profit because it is causing other people to feel safe and invest there own money. He said eventually he thinks we will have a big crash very soon.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 8-15-2009 at 01:40 PM

Not to sure about that because i don't have a lot of money invested, but historically in the market the rate of return is just under 10% per year. Now this is an average over decades, which is going to be much higher than any investment you get in any bank. As far a big crash i don't see it we don't have the same type of economy now that we use to have when there were big crashes in the past, i think we will see corrections which bring down years but i am not fearing a crash. And thats the thing with investing in stocks is no one really knows, but instead of fearing losing money i see the lower prices as a way to get a better deal in the long run. I am only 27 so i have a lot of time before i retire so this doesn't worry me a lot right now. If your in your 50's or 60's it could be pretty scary, but by the time you get older you should be changing your allocations from stocks to bonds. I work for an investment company so i have some insight but my firm is buy and hold long term investment company and the largest mutual fund company in the United States, we don't do any investment banking and are doing better than many other companies right now.

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-15-2009 at 02:17 PM

I don't think it will crash...
last year was bad...
but the economy is picking up, I see it as a small business owner, and as a consumer
will things get to where they were probably not, but it was hyper inflated bull shit anyhow
necrobutcher

[*] posted on 8-15-2009 at 03:53 PM

I'm waiting for 3rd Quarter SEC filings from all the banks in October. That I think will be the big telltale sign.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 8-15-2009 at 06:06 PM

The Chinese overlords will solve all economic problems with their communist mathmagic
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-16-2009 at 06:57 PM

^Hahaha. All hail General Tso and his tofu, chicken etc!

Go To Top